Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

Yes Boise has won more than any other team in the MWC but the 1.8 mil extra helps them to be dominate over the conference. Over 5 years that 9 mil more to pump into your football program. With programs like UNM that is cash strapped it makes an unfair advantage from the get go.

Boise should be happy that they'll make 10.8 mil more than the rest of the conference for the life of this deal. They can negotiate with whoever when it's done.

2 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Really? What influence would he have on the CFP committee?   If he huff and puff about BSU it wouldn’t change the committee’s decision. 

It doesn’t hurt.  As evidenced by teams like SMU getting ranked early and staying in the top 25 longer than they should have. Hair should have been lobby for SDSU, Hawaii, Air Force, and BSU.  

Posted Image

28 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I would be interested in what the MWCs media deal would be like without BSU.    

peanuts.jpg?1567805371

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Yes Boise has won more than any other team in the MWC but the 1.8 mil extra helps them to be dominate over the conference. Over 5 years that 9 mil more to pump into your football program. With programs like UNM that is cash strapped it makes an unfair advantage from the get go.

Boise should be happy that they'll make 10.8 mil more than the rest of the conference for the life of this deal. They can negotiate with whoever when it's done.

Bsu has always won more than any other team in their conference. If you think the last few years of getting a few more dollars is the reason why I don’t know what to tell you. Especially when bsu is the only reason New Mexico makes the most they ever have because of bsu. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Actually I doubt there is a plan in place now but in 6 years there will be.  

You’re absolutely right, a lot can happen in 6 years. For instance, CSU could possibly win The Boot and someone could willingly move to Fresno. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

33 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

The conference would have to dissolve if they pushed too hard. 

Oh, so you think New Money Boise State is bigger than its conference? In that case, go indy. By all means...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

6 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Oh, so you think New Money Boise State is bigger than its conference? In that case, go indy. By all means...

Conferences that make and then break deals are not really that trustworthy 

Posted Image

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Bsu has always won more than any other team in their conference. If you think the last few years of getting a few more dollars is the reason why I don’t know what to tell you. Especially when bsu is the only reason New Mexico makes the most they ever have because of bsu. 

Not when TCU was here and you weren't here when Utah was or it would have been a different story.  If you think this whole contract happened only because of bsu you are delusional. Bsu is not bigger than the conference and never will be. Yes we have gladly received NY6 money  just like you have received tourney credits from UNM BB and other schools. Give UNM an extra 1.8 mil to put into the football program and I guarantee you we would be in the mix for the MW title every year.