Jump to content
UNLV2001

New Mexico at UNLV

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

lol we can't tell if you're being a smartass or not. Until UNLV gets back to the dance, there's probably enough space to do donuts in the parking lot during gametime. 

Totally serious. Every lot near the Pit cost 10 bucks to park. Only free parking is in surrounding neighborhoods. So totally surprised the huge parking lot in front of the Mack, is free. 
Wouldn't matter if UNM was 0-20... UNM would be like... $10 please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Lobos attrition not sure why UNLV isn't pressing/trapping more.  They may run out of gas anyway.

Ball movement has been pretty good.  More assists than turnovers for the Rebels so far.  Haven't seen that too much so far this season.  

The match-up zone has been effective in spurts.  New Mexico is a decent but far from great three point shooting, keep them in front and make them earn it.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

With the Lobos attrition not sure why UNLV isn't pressing/trapping more.  They may run out of gas anyway.

Ball movement has been pretty good.  More assists than turnovers for the Rebels so far.  Haven't seen that too much so far this season.  

The match-up zone has been effective in spurts.  New Mexico is a decent but far from great three point shooting, keep them in front and make them earn it.  

Probably because we ain't all that deep either. Basically run a 7 man rotation with small stint of Shibel every now and then.

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coleman deserves all the praise in the world, but damn Bryce Hamilton has been balling since the turn of the year and Otz shake up.

Through 6 MWC games:

18.3 PPG  5.3 RPG  2 APG  ranked 7th in the conference in 2pFG% too. Shooting 61%.

 

Already with 12 at half today.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ernie Baer said:

With the Lobos attrition not sure why UNLV isn't pressing/trapping more.  They may run out of gas anyway.

Ball movement has been pretty good.  More assists than turnovers for the Rebels so far.  Haven't seen that too much so far this season.  

The match-up zone has been effective in spurts.  New Mexico is a decent but far from great three point shooting, keep them in front and make them earn it.  

Um, UNM hasn't been a 3 pt shooting team since like... they never have been. If we hit 6-7 a game, we’re on fire! Lobos get a majority of their pts inside. The only decent 3 pt guy we have now is Vante, and at times Maluwach, but he’s missed 3 wide open shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Coleman deserves all the praise in the world, but damn Bryce Hamilton has been balling since the turn of the year and Otz shake up.

Through 6 MWC games:

18.3 PPG  5.3 RPG  2 APG  ranked 7th in the conference in 2pFG% too. Shooting 61%.

 

Already with 12 at half today.

Yep Coleman and Hamilton have been major players - Good sign 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sloppy, but this is a fun game to watch.

Antonio probably isn't used to shooting so many open 3s.  

Great rebound from last game for New Mexico except for the continued bad shot selection by Jaquan Lyle and Zane Martin.  Manigault is playing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LoboMan59 said:

Um, UNM hasn't been a 3 pt shooting team since like... they never have been. If we hit 6-7 a game, we’re on fire! Lobos get a majority of their pts inside. The only decent 3 pt guy we have now is Vante, and at times Maluwach, but he’s missed 3 wide open shots. 

 

Not true.

Weir's year 1 when you guys shot out of your mind and dubbed him a great hire.

You guys led the MWC at 40% from 3.

I remember it vividly. Antino Jackson and Mathis were launching them. Maluach was like damn near 50% as a freshmen. I thought the dude was gonna possibly NBA bound after the season he had....his numbers fell off last year though. Kinda crazy how you go from elite to below average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow they’re calling ticky tacky fouls like the last one on Diong, then letting them hack each other under the basket, on both ends. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebels haven’t been this fun to watch in a long time. Hard working bunch here. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

 

Not true.

Weir's year 1 when you guys shot out of your mind and dubbed him a great hire.

You guys led the MWC at 40% from 3.

I remember it vividly. Antino Jackson and Mathis were launching them. Maluach was like damn near 50% as a freshmen. I thought the dude was gonna possibly NBA bound after the season he had....his numbers fell off last year though. Kinda crazy how you go from elite to below average.

One year... they were good one year... but great research!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOAR Blair at the 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOAR Blair at the 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

One year... they were good one year... but great research!

I think it's safe to say that we have normally had a great 3 point shooter or two but not overall as a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if Tillman could finish at the rim. Geez. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×