Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

New Mexico at UNLV

11 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Paul Weir needs to be fired.  New Mexico can’t be deceived by the record.  The roster is a mess.

I don't see Weir being fired after this season and possibly next season.  He has some good recruits coming in and still has two years left on his contract while the Lobos will be paying off Davies buyout.  Don't see it happening, but I agree that he should be let go.  I think he is in over his head right now.  Maybe with the new tv deal the Lobos will be able to pull the plug on Weir.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

2 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

At the very least, Weir needs to get some assistants in there that can play a little bad cop to his good cop.  Some loud guys who demand discipline and effort.

That’s  what’s weird about this year’s “Doctor Weir” (he’s even announced as Dr. Weir in the Pit).... last year, he was quite emotional! A yeller and a screamer; i remember seeing a pic of Vance Jackson, holding Weir back as he was screaming at a ref!

This year, he’s calmer, more docile. He's gone into “preppy, cool professor “ mode. Id love to see him come out in a regular suit and tie, And show some fire again. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

At the very least, Weir needs to get some assistants in there that can play a little bad cop to his good cop.  Some loud guys who demand discipline and effort.

The head coach needs to be the one that instills the discipline and identity of his team. Steve Fisher was an institution whose teams had a set identity and Brian Dutcher learned everything he could to carry on that identity for his team and the transition was seamless.  

Dave Rice had a bunch of assistants to be good cop/bad cop to make up for his shortcomings and it was a disaster. Stacey Augmon was a hardass as one of our 'bad-cop' assistants and "good-cop" Justin Hutson thought he was too aggressive and borderline abusive to the players in practice (which was why that little puss Justin took a demotion to run back to SDSU)--which I don't really blame him for tbh.  

Then you had Heath Schroyer who despite being the 4th ranked assistant on the totem pole, just took the team away from Rice. Which led to this infamous scene of Schroyer taking over the huddle in a key possession during the waning seconds of the game, and Rice is playing the critical role as a table for the whiteboard while catching up on some light reading.

image.png.63dd1474f9e5fe974e1411b73b77833b.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Vegas fans... any free parking near the T&M? Not really an Uber kind if guy, but if theres limited parking there, maybe i should? 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Control freak?

Not at all. Im from the wide open southwest. Have always driven everywhere,  Never been a fan of public transportation, even rented a car in san fran, and chicago... but thanks for the “not useful” comment! 

1 minute ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Um........ yeah, there will be plenty of free parking.

Are the lots there free?

36 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Vegas fans... any free parking near the T&M? Not really an Uber kind if guy, but if theres limited parking there, maybe i should? 

lol we can't tell if you're being a smartass or not. Until UNLV gets back to the dance, there's probably enough space to do donuts in the parking lot during gametime. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Are the lots there free?

Plenty of free parking, lol. The lot was practically empty when I came in a few minutes ago. 

Took them 6 mins to wake up after that Antonio opening 3.

Rebs looking like the better team IMO. Just need less TO's and let UNM keep shooting. Those averages eventually even out.

All is well, For Rice is gone.