Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Colorado State 2020 Recruiting

I noticed we didn't have one of these yet.  I guess there hasn't been too much to get excited about until now.  It's not like Addazio has lit the recruiting trail on fire yet or anything, but today he and his staff visited 65 Colorado High Schools which resulted in a number of scholly offers for 2021 and a couple of PWO offers for 2020.  Supposedly, going forward, each member of the staff has been assigned 10 CO HS's to recruit in addition to their out of state duties.  That covers all of 5A, all of 4A, and most of 3A.

Finally, a coach that isn't just paying lip service to in-state recruiting.

I don't know how much it would stretch them, but I'd like to get down to 1A-11 man. There have been good players like Brian Hendricks (Burlington), Tyson Liggett (Limon), Dalton Risner (Wiggins) that really could be nice finds. The few finds might not justify the cost, but I'd like to see it. We obviously got Ligget and had Risner's attention until K-State came around, but I think we whiffed on Hendricks. 

3* OL Dirk Nelson flipped from unlv

3* OL Gage Gaynor

3* LB Aaron Moore

3* DT Cam Bariteau all committed this weekend

Big offers including Oregon, Arkansas, Louisville etc. quite a few P5 offers between them 

fantastic start for Addazio

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

15 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

3* OL Dirk Nelson flipped from unlv

3* OL Gage Gaynor

3* LB Aaron Moore

3* DT Cam Bariteau all committed this weekend

Big offers including Oregon, Arkansas, Louisville etc. quite a few P5 offers between them 

fantastic start for Addazio

hopefully they all stay

10 minutes ago, HRam said:

hopefully they all stay

I guess we will find out if Addazios classes get raided as bad as Bobos. First signing day saw no bad surprises (had some good ones in Herndon)

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

We give them our HC and QB and they send over their HC's QB son... weird, but ok, let's see how he does. Interesting signing at the least. Pro-style QB.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, colosjr said:

I don't know how much it would stretch them, but I'd like to get down to 1A-11 man. There have been good players like Brian Hendricks (Burlington), Tyson Liggett (Limon), Dalton Risner (Wiggins) that really could be nice finds. The few finds might not justify the cost, but I'd like to see it. We obviously got Ligget and had Risner's attention until K-State came around, but I think we whiffed on Hendricks. 

There are some gems out on the plains for sure.  I don't think they can dedicate a coach to each of those schools, but I sure hope they're paying attention to things out that way.  For sure there's some oversized and athletic kids in Eastern CO and Western KS.

Leggett was meh. The McBride brothers are effing legit though. I hope Toby stays on the team in some capacity (GA etc).

Just stole an OL recruit from Rutgers (visited this past weekend) in Owen Snively

Yeah I was more thinking of Hendricks when I was saying we whiffed. I agree on the the McBrides, but they would still be picked up in Ft. Morgan since they are 3A. But looking through the classifications, it almost seems like a sin to to scout Eaton with three NFL players right now. 

Nice pickup for CSU, making the Rams the first MWC team with two '21 commits.

Adams should end up being a top-50 MWC commit.  He was one of the first '21 players that Arroyo's new staff at UNLV offered.

EDIT:  I see now that this is a '20 thread, but I'm not starting a '21 CSU thread.

Lathan.jpg