Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Two UNLV games to be played at Sam Boyd next year?

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

More f-cked up is how much racism you read into all that. What's next, picketing the Cotton Bowl and stores that sell cotton products? Should injured black players refuse cotton wraps, dressings, appliques?

I've got an idea- let's ban every agricultural product that was ever raised through the use of ANY slave labor!

oh there you go again taking it way too far. YES! they should rename it The Polyester Bowl. Basic cotton products don't have anywhere near the same association w/ slavery as the cotton boll. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

oh there you go again taking it way too far. YES! they should rename it The Polyester Bowl. Basic cotton products don't have anywhere near the same association w/ slavery as the cotton boll. 

Or maybe even the cotton boll doesn't either. Trying to equivocate a cotton boll with a masters' whip is like doing the same with machine parts and Zyklon B.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

5 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Or maybe even the cotton boll doesn't either. Trying to equivocate a cotton boll with a masters' whip is like doing the same with machine parts and Zyklon B.

yeah but if the American Jewish University ever got a football team, this sure as shit wouldn't be their helmet.

image.png.56a2f98cd38ebc51c489c5b6b77980e6.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

yeah but if the American Jewish University ever got a football team, this sure as shit wouldn't be their helmet.

image.png.56a2f98cd38ebc51c489c5b6b77980e6.png

I get it- you don't get it. It's like trying to explain quantum theory to Tickle Me Elmo.

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

I get it- you don't get it. It's like trying to explain quantum theory to Tickle Me Elmo.

more like St. Elmo Brady but w/e. It's okay if you don't understand. Being a Wyoming grad, you're naturally inclined to be blind to obvious racism, homophobia, etc given the dark past of your university. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

45 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

wow, Memphis makes their collegiate African american football players (who basically act as unpaid slaves for the NCAA) wear a COTTON BOLL on their head. That's f*cked up LOL. 

I'm the dog in your sig but I'm staring at this post...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

more like St. Elmo Brady but w/e. It's okay if you don't understand. Being a Wyoming grad, you're naturally inclined to be blind to obvious racism, homophobia, etc given the dark past of your university. 

Actually, given the scope of my experience, having lived in a far more diverse world than you, and with the benefit of a non-Clark County education, my inclination is to observe what it is rather than what I wish it were.

18 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Actually, given the scope of my experience, having lived in a far more diverse world than you, and with the benefit of a non-Clark County education, my inclination is to observe what it is rather than what I wish it were.

Yes wyo, you're so cultured and experienced :rolleyes:. What's your claim to fame again? Attending college football games at 100 different venues and the fine dining at Jackson Hole? lol You live in such a little world, and you're a sad old man with a worthless opinion. You sure do have a high opinion of yourself for some retired Laramie bumpkin, and I admire that. You may have not amounted to much in the real world, but you keep telling us MWC Board folks how important you are---they can never take that away from you bud. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Yes wyo, you're so cultured and experienced :rolleyes:. What's your claim to fame again? Attending college football games at 100 different venues and the fine dining at Jackson Hole? lol You live in such a little world, and you're a sad old man with a worthless opinion. You sure do have a high opinion of yourself for some retired Laramie bumpkin, and I admire that. You may have not amounted to much in the real world, but you keep telling us MWC Board folks how important you are---they can never take that away from you bud. 

Graduated high school with 15 years of foreign language credits. Lived in LV for twenty years. Extensive travel to wine-producing areas in the U.S., Europe, South America, and New Zealand. Extensive travel to agave plantations and distilleries in Mexico. Practical and executive management experience across three industries. Successful business start-up, operation, and expansion.

Yeah, that sure fits your narrative of me. 🤔

Big difference between you and me is when I talk about a place, it's through experience not hearsay. Real, first-hand information, not a pre-formed opinion of some place I've never been or about which my knowledge is based on message board stories. I'm not one of the guys standing in line. I'm one of the guys counting the guys we've got standing in line.

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

That is exactly what they want you to believe. There's a big difference between ownership and control. The "Stadium Authority" might own the stadium, but who controls them?

Yup.  The city of Arlington physically owns the DeathStar, er, AT&T Stadium, but Jerry Jones controls operations.  Pays the bills and generates the revenue.  Not an uncommon arrangement.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

UNLV should just move both games (Louisiana Tech & Arizona State) to Thursday or Friday Night and the Raiders will approve the deal.

Not so complicated if UNLV had a competent AD.

Raiders want to reserve the Saturday date.  That is fine.  UNLV can play on Thursday vs. Louisiana Tech and Friday night vs. ASU.

http://lvstadiumauthority.com/PDF/UNLV%20Joint%20Use%20Agreement%20(EXECUTED).pdf

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Oakland was no longer a willing playmate after decades of abuse. It's a totally new relationship with LV.

Don't kid yourself about who Gaming Inc. values more between UNLV Athletics and the NFL.

First, Oakland never did anything for the Raiders, lol. The raiders only moved back when LA officials didn’t jump for them either.

They already signed a deal for the Allegiant stadium and NOBODY has found a clause in that deal where the Raiders dictate where UNLV plays their home games at another stadium. This storyline is fake news. 

Don’t kid yourself if you think the Raiders are going to stroll into town and tell everybody there’s a new sheriff in town. They’ll find themselves as unwelcome as they were in other cities and can pack their shit for Mexico City. 

13 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

First, Oakland never did anything for the Raiders, lol. The raiders only moved back when LA officials didn’t jump for them either.

They already signed a deal for the Allegiant stadium and NOBODY has found a clause in that deal where the Raiders dictate where UNLV plays their home games at another stadium. This storyline is fake news. 

Don’t kid yourself if you think the Raiders are going to stroll into town and tell everybody there’s a new sheriff in town. They’ll find themselves as unwelcome as they were in other cities and can pack their shit for Mexico City. 

That's not really true. They phucked up a perfectly good baseball stadium to lure the Raiders back.

53 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

How naive can you get? There won't be anything in the contract that says anything but what they WANT you to believe. The Raiders and the NFL ARE the new Sheriff in town. Joe Lombardo is sharing space with his receptionist now. You know why? Because Gaming Inc. says so.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

How naive can you get? There won't be anything in the contract that says anything but what they WANT you to believe. The Raiders and the NFL ARE the new Sheriff in town. Joe Lombardo is sharing space with his receptionist now. You know why? Because Gaming Inc. says so.

NFL doesn’t even bring in half the revenue that Las Vegas does in a year. The Raider owners aren’t the richest in the nfl, ranked about last and they wouldn’t even be the top 20 richest people in Las Vegas. 

NFL/Bowl Cut Davis are the new sheriff’s in town? Now who’s being naive? 

naive-kay-1.png

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

NFL doesn’t even bring in half the revenue that Las Vegas does in a year. The Raider owners aren’t the richest in the nfl, ranked about last and they wouldn’t even be the top 20 richest people in Las Vegas. 

NFL/Bowl Cut Davis are the new sheriff’s in town? Now who’s being naive? 

naive-kay-1.png

Michael Corleone = Gaming Inc.

NFL = More Customers

UNLV = 'Fredo