Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Two UNLV games to be played at Sam Boyd next year?

10 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Rumor is UNLV fans will only be able to use designated bathrooms and water fountains labeled, “Rebel Fans Only” as well. 

Seeing Raiders fans this might be a health department ruling :hmmm:

We’ve known about this for a while, and while I really don’t care that two games are at Sam Boyd the first year (I actually get the grand opening stuff) it just would have been nice to see the governor throw a little support at UNLV.  I think Sandoval would have at least gone to bat.

However the two schools that are being dumped should be pissed.

Lol welcome to second class citizenship. Been telling Rebels, living in the shadow of the NFL is no bueno. State of the art stadiums only do so much with 7k fans.

Watch the videos of the stadium construction that I posted in a specific thread and you will see it's all Raiders people making the calls on everything - UNLV is only seen when the sign is shown once in awhile 

UNLV has Zero say in the stadiums use - Raider President Badain says in Episode 7 that the stadium will be used for lot's of events that will benefit the Raiders - When the Raiders president is saying this without any "stadium authority" people, it's pretty much a Raiders venue first and foremost 

30 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Watch the videos of the stadium construction that I posted in a specific thread and you will see it's all Raiders people making the calls on everything - UNLV is only seen when the sign is shown once in awhile 

UNLV has Zero say in the stadiums use - Raider President Badain says in Episode 7 that the stadium will be used for lot's of events that will benefit the Raiders - When the Raiders president is saying this without any "stadium authority" people, it's pretty much a Raiders venue first and foremost 

giphy.gif

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I'm surprised there are 2 games unsure. Wouldn't ASU likely have more traveling fans and thus more stadium revenue between the two games. Leave the LaTech game site on hold until it can be seen if that date is available or not.

I wonder what event/concert they think might be able to schedule for the same day as ASU that would generate more revenue than the game.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Please just end rebel football and go all in on basketball. I'm ready. 

No, don't do that. Were 17-6-1 against UNLV in football. http://www.winsipedia.com/unlv/vs/san-jose-state

after seeing how the Raiders are treating UNLV and the Eagles treat Temple...I'm glad the Tigers and Grizzlies have the amicable relationship we do. The crew at FEF has got switching out courts, signage, apparel, etc down so well the Tigers can play at 12 noon and the Grizz can tip off at 7pm with no issues.

mem skyline sig.jpeg