Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

The Royals

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

I'll admit I don't follow them closely but it is funny how you misadvertantley proved my point. How dare Harry and Meghan be a cuter more interesting couple than our future king and queen. Off with ya.

Not our king or queen, thankfully. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If I start getting +++++ing change with Williams head on it I will be pissed.

We fought 2 wars to never have to care about the royals ever again. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don't get the fascination many Americans have with the Royal Family. We fought a revolution to get out from under their inbred tyranny. The world would be a better place without them.

14 hours ago, sean327 said:

I don't get the fascination many Americans have with the Royal Family. We fought a revolution to get out from under their inbred tyranny. The world would be a better place without them.

Picture_30_400x400.png

Just speaking for myself but Pippa's ye olde butte mainly.

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't get the fascination with this family either.  They were basically imported a hundred years ago.  They have very little common ancestry with the British royal families that really mattered (e.g., Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart)

Royalty is an import/export business. If you go back in time far enough, pretty much every family is somehow imported.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

The "Royals" are a deep part of the UK/British nation and heritage.  They wont be cut off.

Do disgruntled people in England not like them... duuuuh of course.

Why would we (Americans) worry about this stuff?

Harry s USA wife Meghan cant stand the London tabloid BS and scrutiny..

Can't blame her.

I think the gold digger brought it on herself.

down in a hole.jpg

On 1/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, sean327 said:

IIRC it was more the PM pushing tyranny than George. Thanks wikipedia

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, I am Ram said:

Royalty is an import/export business. If you go back in time far enough, pretty much every family is somehow imported.

I don't disagree, but this family was imported very recently.  They are famous for being famous.  No one there for Hastings, Agincourt, reformation, civil wars, etc.  They have had nothing to do with any important English/British history.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, mugtang said:

Not our king or queen, thankfully. 

I can't believe I'm defending Harry and Meghan and baby Archie. How did that happen? I think pettiness and backstabbing disgusts me more than I would or could care for people I don't even know.

20 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I can't believe I'm defending Harry and Meghan and baby Archie. How did that happen? I think pettiness and backstabbing disgusts me more than I would or could care for people I don't even know.

I don’t follow what’s going on with them enough (really not at all) to form an opinion on any of this.  

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t follow what’s going on with them enough (really not at all) to form an opinion on any of this.  

Me neither really but I think they're giving up their royal entitlements due to infighting, backstabbing and other duties they don't agree with. I can relate is all, on a much smaller scale of course.