Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

DRF Hiring

19 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Oklahoma is an upper tier P5 school.  Leaving for a mid tier P5 is a lateral move at best, and leaving for a low tier P5 like Washington State is a downgrade.

So, basically, what you're saying is, UNLV could be "elite", but doesn't have the money?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Oklahoma has a shitload of money, and they can be elite at basketball if they wanna be.

Lubbock makes Ames look like...Las Vegas...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Oklahoma is an upper tier P5 school.  Leaving for a mid tier P5 is a lateral move at best, and leaving for a low tier P5 like Washington State is a downgrade.

LOL. I guess we (referring to Oklahoma here) could be if we wanted but we play in a trashy outdated arena with fairly little fan support. I'd say mid tier P5 is probably a reasonably accurate decription.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

10 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

LOL. I guess we (referring to Oklahoma here) could be if we wanted but we play in a trashy outdated arena with fairly little fan support. I'd say mid tier P5 is probably a reasonably accurate decription.

Oklahoma is not a mid tier P5.  They are extremely wealthy.  Their athletic department is loaded.

10 hours ago, Yellow Evan said:

Oklahoma averaged 8500 last year and 10,200 the year before.  Support is just fine.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Oklahoma is not a mid tier P5.  They are extremely wealthy.  Their athletic department is loaded.

What would you consider upper tier P5 then? At least in basketball, that's somewhere like Illinois or Arizona (teams with some tradition/fan support but not blue blood levels). Teams like Oklahoma and Texas and USC are basically football schools with deep pockets.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?