Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

DRF Hiring

Wouldnt call 1 win over a decent team 'turning the corner'.  Started conference 5-1 last year, too.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Meh, her first choice for basketball was Porter Moser and he's looking like a 1-year wonder in a 16-year career of mediocrity....so that would've been a major swing and miss. The jury is obviously still out on Otz..but showing some glimmers of promise in the easiest part of UNLV's conference schedule. 

Whether its NFL or college, the trendy thing to do nowadays is hire younger, energetic guys to take over your program...and as you can see DRF's style is to find younger up-and comers rather than the experienced veteran HC type. If that's her style, Arroyo was probably the best UNLV could possibly do. 

We're not going to have any clue what we got with Arroyo until at least the middle of next season. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I’ve said all along that Otzelberger would get UNLV back to prominence in the MWC and I still believe that. He’s a really good coach.  Biggest issue will be keeping him if and when the Iowa State job opens up. Steve Prohm is struggling in Ames.

24 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I’ve said all along that Otzelberger would get UNLV back to prominence in the MWC and I still believe that. He’s a really good coach.  Biggest issue will be keeping him if and when almost any P5 the Iowa State job opens up. Steve Prohm is struggling in Ames.

FIFY

Sorry about the rest of your season, Rebels. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I’ve said all along that Otzelberger would get UNLV back to prominence in the MWC and I still believe that. He’s a really good coach.  Biggest issue will be keeping him if and when the Iowa State job opens up. Steve Prohm is struggling in Ames.

No disrespect to Iowa State, but they’re not good enough to poach Otzelberger.  Las Vegas > Ames.

Just now, NevadaFan said:

Signed,

Norman and Lubbock

This has yeesh factor written all over it. I give it a Fresno State Bulldogs helmet reaction.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.