Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

New Mexico 2020 recruiting

Excellent job @Lobo Amor! Really appreciate you keeping us informed. Los Lobos signed what... 20-21 freshmen? We’ll be very young for a couple of years, but should start to pay off in year 3 for coach G. Go Lobos!

Edit: signee profiles in the link below.

https://golobos.com/news/2020/2/5/football-lobos-ink-23-on-national-signing-day.aspx

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Steve Virgen of the Journal on the connections that brought MWC's #2 recruit Nathaniel Jones, RB from St. John's Bosco, to UNM:

When RB Nathaniel Jones de-committed from UCLA he nearly joined USC but Trojans didn’t have room. USC coach Clay Helton called Rocky Long to let him know. Danny Gonzales had recruited Jones when DG was at ASU. Connection was re-established and Jones liked what he saw at UNM.

@Lobo Amor

Thank you for the hard work in updating us with the recruiting process. I don't think it can be understated what a bang up job that Danny has done with about as difficult recruiting circumstances as you can have. 

13 minutes ago, PTR said:

@Lobo Amor

Thank you for the hard work in updating us with the recruiting process. I don't think it can be understated what a bang up job that Danny has done with about as difficult recruiting circumstances as you can have. 

I agree and to put together a coaching staff and then recruit this class in literally three and a half weeks is amazing. I am already looking forward to what the next classes will bring.

(This is '21 recruiting, but this was the closest thread)

Within a 5 day period UNM got commits from 5 large offensive linemen.  Whoever the new O-Line coach is has been recruiting hard.

This makes 6 UNM commits in the month of April.  The last few recruiting classes it seems like the Lobos didn't have many commits until winter.

UNM.PNG

WTF New Mexico?  10 commits already?

Today was WR/Ath Keyonta Lanier out of L.A. area.  Lanier had offers from ASU and UNLV.

Keyonta Lanier is headed to the MWC

https://247sports.com/Article/Keyonta-Lanier-New-Mexico-Lobos-football-commitment-football-recruiting-Long-Beach-Poly--147043996/

Recruiting staff is young and hungry and actually pretty creative. Nice job so far but it's a long way to signing day.

4 hours ago, jdw said:

Recruiting staff is young and hungry and actually pretty creative. Nice job so far but it's a long way to signing day.

Getting Lanier to commit before ASU and UNLV could get him on campus for a visit was an impressive move.

Okay, I can see the connection then. A lot of this UNM staff worked at ASU for Herm last year.