Jump to content
battle.borne

Alford on the MW race

Recommended Posts

“I think I said it even before conference you have San Diego State, who is elite," Alford said. "Utah State is maybe a notch below. We’ll see. They lost at home to San Diego State but after playing them I think they’re elite if (Neemias) Queta gets more healthy. And you have New Mexico's talent. Those three teams. From there, a lot of teams are fighting to get into the upper echelon of the conference. We saw with Colorado State. We played Boise really well. Tight with San Jose State. Tight tonight. With that grouping of teams 4 through 11, a lot of tight games. Hopefully this game helps us because we didn’t get in a flow like we wanted to, but we made plays down the stretch to win.”

http://nevadasportsnet.com/sports/mens-basketball/nevada-comes-up-with-big-plays-late-to-escape-with-win-over-wyoming

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN'S BPI gives SDSU a 98% chance of winning the regular season. 

Alford's just trying to justify Nevada sucking against Wyoming with the 4-11 comment.  Wyoming, SJSU, and Fresno aren't anywhere near as good as Nevada, Boise, and CSU.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

ESPN'S BPI gives SDSU a 98% chance of winning the regular season. 

Alford's just trying to justify Nevada sucking against Wyoming with the 4-11 comment.  Wyoming, SJSU, and Fresno aren't anywhere near as good as Nevada, Boise, and CSU.  

I would add Air Force to the bottom end as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

ESPN'S BPI gives SDSU a 98% chance of winning the regular season. 

Alford's just trying to justify Nevada sucking against Wyoming with the 4-11 comment.  Wyoming, SJSU, and Fresno aren't anywhere near as good as Nevada, Boise, and CSU.  

I agree with Alford that Nevada is in the middle with lots of MW schools.  They have to play at the top of their game to win.  They aren't good on the road.  When the shots aren't dropping they can lose to anyone.  On good nights when the shots are going in they can smoke teams like they did to Boise.  Like pretty much every other school other than SDSU, the Pack is inconsistent as hell..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he undervalues UNLV's talent.  They are in that 2nd tier of teams IMO.

Don't make me look bad Rebs.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

ESPN'S BPI gives SDSU a 98% chance of winning the regular season. 

Alford's just trying to justify Nevada sucking against Wyoming with the 4-11 comment.  Wyoming, SJSU, and Fresno aren't anywhere near as good as Nevada, Boise, and CSU.  

I don't think so. The talent disparity between the top 3, versus the others, is significant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I think he undervalues UNLV's talent.  They are in that 2nd tier of teams IMO.

Don't make me look bad Rebs.

Alford knows exactly what he is doing. He doesn't like UNLV any more than we like him, so he'll take any chance he gets to throw a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle, lol) jab our way.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Alford knows exactly what he is doing. He doesn't like UNLV any more than we like him, so he'll take any chance he gets to throw a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle, lol) jab our way.

 

Someone explain to me how the above comments from Alford are a jab at .500 UNLV?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Alford knows exactly what he is doing. He doesn't like UNLV any more than we like him, so he'll take any chance he gets to throw a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle, lol) jab our way.

 

That is a silly take from you..You are generally  downright sensible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Someone explain to me how the above comments from Alford are a jab at .500 UNLV?

 

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

That is a silly take from you..You are generally  downright sensible.  

Read what I quoted, and then it makes sense, lol. But jab could be the wrong word. More like he won't give any credit to anything UNLV. It's just the way it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

 

Read what I quoted, and then it makes sense, lol. But jab could be the wrong word. More like he won't give any credit to anything UNLV. It's just the way it is.

You’ve lost your mind. Credit for what? What does anything he said have to do with UNLV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I'm missing it. Alford listed what he considered the top 3 in conference. He also mentioned teams Nevada has already played. Where did he name a 2nd tier? 

Looks like he put everyone else in the 4-11 group...including Nevada and UNLV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PackNation said:

Guess I'm missing it. Alford listed what he considered the top 3 in conference. He also mentioned teams Nevada has already played. Where did he name a 2nd tier? 

Looks like he put everyone else in the 4-11 group...including Nevada and UNLV.

You missed the part where UNLV is right there with SDSU this year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

You’ve lost your mind. Credit for what? What does anything he said have to do with UNLV?

You're not paying attention.

 

14 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I think he undervalues UNLV's talent.  They are in that 2nd tier of teams IMO.

Don't make me look bad Rebs.

THIS is what I was referencing, not anything that Alford said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

You missed the part where UNLV is right there with SDSU this year.

We're going to get smoked by the Aztecs. We just happen to be in 2nd place for the moment, which considering  where we started, I'll take. But I stand by my point, Alford won't acknowledge anything UNLV until it is right before we play you. Then he'll do some coach speak, and you'll go on to beat us. Your guards are great, and have a lot of experience. But again, my comment above had nothing to do with what ALFORD said. Capishe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

You’ve lost your mind. Credit for what? What does anything he said have to do with UNLV?

Just a word of advice NVG ... I'd back off. That mantis @4UNLV can be "no prisoners" ruthless. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5323127

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Just a word of advice NVG ... I'd back off. That mantis @4UNLV can be "no prisoners" ruthless. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5323127

Right? But he's generally a good guy, so I went easy on him. But...

And yes, we also got smoked in Boise, since they couldn't hit the basket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

We're going to get smoked by the Aztecs. We just happen to be in 2nd place for the moment, which considering  where we started, I'll take. But I stand by my point, Alford won't acknowledge anything UNLV until it is right before we play you. Then he'll do some coach speak, and you'll go on to beat us. Your guards are great, and have a lot of experience. But again, my comment above had nothing to do with what ALFORD said. Capishe?

I imagine that makes Alford like the rest of the country, in that UNLV hardly ever crosses his mind.

  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

You're not paying attention.

 

THIS is what I was referencing, not anything that Alford said.

So wait. This has nothing to do with what Alford said, because he didn’t say anything about UnLV. Which is clearly because Alford has a secret grudge against UNLV. OK, I think I’ve got it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×