Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Alford on the MW race

10 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I'm sorry, but you guys did, lol. I responded to sdsufan saying Alford undervalued UNLV, I said he'll do that every time. If that started a shitstorm on your end, that's your problem. And btw, I don't have to live up to anyone's expectations, feel free to block me.

And why do you guys care if I don't like Alford? Seriously. But since it appears it really bothers SOME of you guys, I'll make half an effort to not say anything bad about him. Nah, it won't work, lol, because he really is a d-bag, and it isn't because he is or isn't a good coach. Maybe one way to describe him is a phrase my dad used to use. "I'd like to buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he THINKS he's worth. I'd be rich."

But he's yours for the next 10 years, ya gotta love him. Maybe he'll be on good behavior for 20 minutes.

I am delighted you guys hate Alford..I like him.  I hope he does well.  I urge you to continue bad mouthing anybody you wish..Coaches and fans alike..It is a message board after all.

However, you decided to be a PH level troll and that surprised me..For a UNLV fan you are generally a quality poster..I hope you get back to that level.

9 hours ago, NVGiant said:

That’s not really the point. But Even then, few hated him. Most Nevada fans thought he was a good dude and a lousy coach. 

Nobody ever hated the man although we despised his coaching and recruiting. Which is why it was so weird when David Carter stuck it to Knuth with the "unpaid assistant" gig at St. Mary's. To his credit, it was the most alpha move he made while coach.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 1/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, 4UNLV said:

Alford knows exactly what he is doing. He doesn't like UNLV any more than we like him, so he'll take any chance he gets to throw a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle, lol) jab our way.

I don't think it was a super-duper sublime dig at you guys. You'll notice aside from us, every other team he references is a team he's already played this season.

That's not to say Alford isn't a giant shitty douche nozzle of a dick - a turdickle, if you will - but I think you're giving him too much credit here.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I don't think it was a super-duper sublime dig at you guys. You'll notice aside from us, every other team he references is a team he's already played this season.

That's not to say Alford isn't a giant shitty douche nozzle of a dick - a turdickle, if you will - but I think you're giving him too much credit here.

I said it was subtle, lol, a couple of Reno fans got upset and blew it up. And acknowledged later it was more like a lack of acknowledgement of anything UNLV. 

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I am delighted you guys hate Alford..I like him.  I hope he does well.  I urge you to continue bad mouthing anybody you wish..Coaches and fans alike..It is a message board after all.

However, you decided to be a PH level troll and that surprised me..For a UNLV fan you are generally a quality poster..I hope you get back to that level.

If I was trolling you, you would know it. Well, maybe you wouldn’t, lol. 

And other than calling Alford a d-bag, you might want to check who was bad mouthing who. 

This thread is great. Nevada fans up in arms about the softest dig possible.

She is a fan of your rival, she made a little comment in jest. Not a big deal lol.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 1/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, akbballfan said:

Ault was your Tarkanian. He was an all time great coach. Never understood how people in Reno could hate on Ault. 

As for Alford, he was very vocal back in the day (the old MWC) about the tourney being in Las Vegas. Recent results should have taken the wind out of those sails. I think his personality is perfect for Reno. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate you guys. But I think he will do a good job in Reno. 

Ault may have been their best coach, but he's no Tark. 

Reno's greatest sports achievement is ending a season ranked 12th or something like that. Once.

3 hours ago, Dirtball said:

She is a fan of your rival, she made a little comment in jest. Not a big deal lol.

I don’t see anyone really up in arms.we know UNLV fans yearn for attention.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Ault may have been their best coach, but he's no Tark. 

Reno's greatest sports achievement is ending a season ranked 12th or something like that. Once.

True. I sorta wish Nevada had zero ethics like Vegas and hired a cheat to build its brand. I mean, Tark is the best coach Vegas has ever had and he was fired by your admin. 

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

True. I sorta wish Nevada had zero ethics like Vegas and hired a cheat to build its brand. I mean, Tark is the best coach Vegas has ever had and he was fired by your admin. 

Loser talk.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Dirtball said:

Bingo. UNR fans are Charmin soft lol.

I can't believe I just wasted 15 minutes reading through this drivel.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, Rebels18 said:

What do we know about Alford other than he's got the deadly combination of biggest ego to go along with biggest underachiever in MWC history. MWC is still reeling from the effects of getting screwed with seeding and our bubble teams getting snubbed because of how poorly his highly ranked UNM squads flopped in the tourney. He lost credibility for the conference every season UNM would win the MWC Regular season just to be stomped by a team like 14-seed Harvard in the 1st Round. 

Dave Rice would like a word.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png