Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Alford on the MW race

5 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Don't worry about TJ.  You got your hands full for the next 10 years with a biggest douche in the conference.  Enjoy.  

Worry about TJ? 😂 He’s got two years left at the revolving door. WTF is there to worry about?

23 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

You weren’t here very long before Alford bolted. You’ll See it soon enough. :cheers:

I get people might not like his personality. People hated Muss, they hated Ault. I really don't care. Grow up

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Maybe someday TJ will be a douche too. I mean when he actually does something for people to form an opinion of him. 

What do we know about Alford other than he's got the deadly combination of biggest ego to go along with biggest underachiever in MWC history. MWC is still reeling from the effects of getting screwed with seeding and our bubble teams getting snubbed because of how poorly his highly ranked UNM squads flopped in the tourney. He lost credibility for the conference every season UNM would win the MWC Regular season just to be stomped by a team like 14-seed Harvard in the 1st Round. 

He never accomplished anything in 20+ years as a D1 head coach in the NCAA Tourney until UCLA made the mistake of hiring him and even with multiple 5-star/NBA players Adidas gift-wrapped him on his roster he still couldn't make it past the Sweet-16. UNLV fans are very experienced in our opinions Alford as a coach and human being (Robert Smith hated his guts)--Which is why when his name come up as a candidate in the UNLV Coach thread we all collectively threw up in our mouths and UNLV didn't even grant him an interview when he inquired about the job. 

You'll see for yourselves. Wait till Muss's leftover players graduate and Alford brings in another 150th ranked recruiting class. You'll be changing your tune quite a bit. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

27 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

You weren’t here very long before Alford bolted. You’ll See it soon enough. :cheers:

I would have to say you are biased so I am not sure we should take into consideration your  concern about the fans from some other school about their coach.  I hold you to a higher standard than this.

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

What do we know about Alford other than he's got the deadly combination of biggest ego to go along with biggest underachiever in MWC history. MWC is still reeling from the effects of getting screwed with seeding and our bubble teams getting snubbed because of how poorly his highly ranked UNM squads flopped in the tourney. He lost credibility for the conference every season UNM would win the MWC Regular season just to be stomped by a team like 14-seed Harvard in the 1st Round. 

He never accomplished anything in 20+ years as a D1 head coach in the NCAA Tourney until UCLA made the mistake of hiring him and even with multiple 5-star/NBA players Adidas gift-wrapped him on his roster he still couldn't make it past the Sweet-16. UNLV fans are very experienced in our opinions Alford as a coach and human being (Robert Smith hated his guts)--Which is why when his name come up as a candidate in the UNLV Coach thread we all collectively threw up in our mouths and UNLV didn't even grant him an interview when he inquired about the job. 

You'll see for yourselves. Wait till Muss's leftover players graduate and Alford brings in another 150th ranked recruiting class. You'll be changing your tune quite a bit. 

This seems really really really important to you.  

8 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Lots of cope in this response.

20 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Lots of cope in this response.

26 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

This seems really really really important to you.  

See, this is a MWC Sports forum, where we come to talk about MWC Sports. Is that the best a Reno education can come up with? You dorks are slowww.

I just enjoy being right, and when it comes to HC hires I usually am. You guys were a little spoiled w/ Muss, and I bet many of you will be calling for Alford's head by the end of Year 2. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

See, this is a MWC Sports forum, where we come to talk about MWC Sports. Is that the best a Reno education can come up with? You dorks are slowww.

I just enjoy being right, and when it comes to HC hires I usually am. You guys were a little spoiled w/ Muss, and I bet many of you will be calling for Alford's head by the end of Year 2. 

You are quite biased so none of your prediction is coming from a thoughtful or logical base.  You are speaking from your feels here..That's cool.. 

7 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I just enjoy being right, and when it comes to HC hires I usually am.

People around these parts call you the Coach Whisperer.

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

I get people might not like his personality. People hated Muss, they hated Ault. I really don't care. Grow up

Ault was your Tarkanian. He was an all time great coach. Never understood how people in Reno could hate on Ault. 

As for Alford, he was very vocal back in the day (the old MWC) about the tourney being in Las Vegas. Recent results should have taken the wind out of those sails. I think his personality is perfect for Reno. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate you guys. But I think he will do a good job in Reno. 

D69429_02_NewsCenter.jpg

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

It's so fun watching UNR fans circle the wagons around Steve Alford. :popcorn:

Gonna be a great couple years.

Circle the wagons? He's been our coach for like 4 months. His team is exactly what fans expected it would be after Brown and the other touted sit-outs transferred. I have to say, this is a major reach.

43 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Wait, aren't you the Reggie Theus guy? :lol::rotflmfao:

No.  That was RebelRobert.  Although, like Rob, I was rooting for Theus to succeed.

5 hours ago, nvspuds said:

The Pack will most likely lose to SDSU this weekend..No shame there.  The game next Wednesday in Reno against UNLV will be a good test for both teams.  They can both get a better idea of how things stack up then..Until, then it is just 4UNLV creating something out of nothing..

Continuing my "results against a common opponent" theme from football, I would expect Nevada and UNLV to play pretty even given they had the exact same margins against this common opponent:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/gametracker/recap/NCAAB_20191207_UNLV@BYU/

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/gametracker/recap/NCAAB_20191210_NEVADA@BYU/

BYU has a good team and those games were on the road and early in the season.  The game Wednesday is in Reno.  Both teams have been working in youngsters who have improved as the season goes on.  I think it will be a good game but probably has very little to do with the games with BYU.