Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

BREAKING NON-NEWS

Still no word on who will be replacing Zak Hill as the Offensive Coordinator at Boise State or Lee Marks the now former Boise State running backs coach.   Way to get things done there Coach Harsin.   It's only been what........almost a month now - right?

Please don't tell me Harsin is planning on being both O.C. and head coach...........like he did in the disastrous showing in the Las Vegas bowl game vs. Washington.

Heard on the local sports radio yesterday that former Boise State wide receiver Matt Miller is rumored to be returning to Boise State - after serving last fall as the Offensive Coordinator at Montana State (which made it to the semi-final round of the FCS playoffs in  2019).   I mentioned Miller as a possible replacement for Zak Hill a week or so ago here.  But the rumor of Miller returning to Boise State seems to indicate he would be returning to BSU as the wide receiver coach.

3 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Still no word on who will be replacing Zak Hill as the Offensive Coordinator at Boise State or Lee Marks the now former Boise State running backs coach.   Way to get things done there Coach Harsin.   It's only been what........almost a month now - right?

BFD.  Patterson at TCU has been equally silent about changes.  Generally waits until after signing day in Feb to make coaching changes public.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

Heard on the local sports radio yesterday that former Boise State wide receiver is rumored to be returning to Boise State - after serving last fall as the Offensive Coordinator at Montana State (which made it to the semi-final round of the FCS playoffs in  2019).   I mentioned Miller as a possible replacement for Zak Hill a week or so ago here.  But the rumor of Miller returning to Boise State seems to indicate he would be returning to BSU as the wide receiver coach.

warning dad joke coming ....... does that make him a twice baked potato?  

Just now, Del Scorcho said:

warning dad joke coming ....... does that make him a twice baked potato?  

Judging by Harsin's playcalling in the Las Vegas Bowl, I'd consider him a half-baked potato.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

BFD.  Patterson at TCU has been equally silent about changes.  Generally waits until after signing day in Feb to make coaching changes public.

Coach Gonzales may do the same with our last two hires. We still need a DL coach and QB coach. Said he may announce on or after NSD.

2 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Please don't tell me Harsin is planning on being both O.C. and head coach...........like he did in the disastrous showing in the Las Vegas bowl game vs. Washington.

Heard on the local sports radio yesterday that former Boise State wide receiver Matt Miller is rumored to be returning to Boise State - after serving last fall as the Offensive Coordinator at Montana State (which made it to the semi-final round of the FCS playoffs in  2019).   I mentioned Miller as a possible replacement for Zak Hill a week or so ago here.  But the rumor of Miller returning to Boise State seems to indicate he would be returning to BSU as the wide receiver coach.

Untwist your panties Bronco7454.  This isn't a big deal.  If it's July and these positions haven't been filled, then feel free to retwist your panties.

down in a hole.jpg

40 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Untwist your panties Bronco7454.  This isn't a big deal.  If it's July and these positions haven't been filled, then feel free to retwist your panties.

July? No, before spring ball.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

6 minutes ago, teappotts said:

July? No, before spring ball.

No shit!!  I was being sarcastic to his panic.

down in a hole.jpg

5 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

No shit!!  I was being sarcastic to his panic.

Well this was a long time just to promote from within. I wonder if he struck out on a few other candidates before going back? 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

And in other no-news, news, San Diego St is in need of an OC, a qb coach, a DC, an lb and safeties coach. Like most other schools, I am sure the Aztecs are also going to fill from the meetings and through Brady's connections.

I will panic if spring ball arrives and positions are still vacant. Until then, we have basketball and skiing.

Not sure why @Bronco7454 is worried. Since Boise fb has been touched by 'the finger of God' , one would think the wr's could coach themselves.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

And in other no-news, news, San Diego St is in need of an OC, a qb coach, a DC, an lb and safeties coach. Like most other schools, I am sure the Aztecs are also going to fill from the meetings and through Brady's connections.

I will panic if spring ball arrives and positions are still vacant. Until then, we have basketball and skiing.

Not sure why @Bronco7454 is worried. Since Boise fb has been touched by 'the finger of God' , one would think the wr's could coach themselves.

It's time to bring Kirby home!  He's served his time in hell!!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

It's time to bring Kirby home!  He's served his time in hell!!!

He will never come back until Harsin is gone.  Plus we’re grooming him to become an OC

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill