Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

As if we needed more proof that Bernie Bros are insane.

I don't get how people's lives in America are so terrible that they have to go out and commit violence over politics. Everybody lives comfortably compared to most of the world.

I can not see a situation where I decide, "You know what? I'm going to go burn down a convenience store! That'll show 'em how angry I am!"

14 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I don't get how people's lives in America are so terrible that they have to go out and commit violence over politics. Everybody lives comfortably compared to most of the world.

I can not see a situation where I decide, "You know what? I'm going to go burn down a convenience store! That'll show 'em how angry I am!"

Everything about this was almost so cliche as to be parody.  The facial hair, the micro brews, no women around anywhere.  Angry, young, hetero, white man with plenty of income to blow on a night on the town getting shit faced on $8.00 IPA's.  Wants to fight everybody, burn shit down, and end private property.  The average Bernie supporter.

If you were kicking around the West Coast in the 90s, these guys were doing their thing. They mostly organized bad film and music festivals back then, and would occasionally throw a brick through a Starbucks at a WTO protest. Every few of them would be super into jungle or psytrance. 

Bernie is incidental.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

If you were kicking around the West Coast in the 90s, these guys were doing their thing. They mostly organized bad film and music festivals back then, and would occasionally throw a brick through a Starbucks at a WTO protest. Every few of them would be super into jungle or psytrance. 

Bernie is incidental.

They have been around for a while for sure.  My entire adult life at least and probably a decade longer as you suggest.  Bernie is just the first candidate to sweep them all up in a populist movement.

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Everything about this was almost so cliche as to be parody.  The facial hair, the micro brews, no women around anywhere.  Angry, young, hetero, white man with plenty of income to blow on a night on the town getting shit faced on $8.00 IPA's.  Wants to fight everybody, burn shit down, and end private property.  The average Bernie supporter.

tumblr_m42obcnBwE1qb18gvo2_250.gif

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hey I love my micro brews and IPAs (or used to when I could drink).  It's just the idea of getting completely blitzed on them in public that is  soooooo Bernie bro.

Luckily I have a kegorator so I can do that in the privacy of my own hovel. 

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Bernie Bros are the left's Trumpers (or Cult45 as per @UNLV2001). Both are significantly unhinged.

Bernie Bros I have found have all the political depth of a puddle - No single group has intentionally imploded their own dream like some of the hard core Berners - They are clueless to the larger picture or grasping the concept of "hold the line" 

All of these organizers for Bernie are locking down their twitter accounts :lol:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Bernie Bros are the left's Trumpers (or Cult45 as per @UNLV2001). Both are significantly unhinged.

I was thinking this. Halfmans description sounds like the hard core trump supporters/alt right guys but with better taste in beer. 

On 1/14/2020 at 2:07 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

On 1/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

“The only thing that works, the only thing that fascists understand is violence. So, the only way you can confront them is with violence.”

On 1/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, CV147 said:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-violent-rhetoric-history-226873

Carry on about "Bernie bros".

6 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I mean come on, who doesn't love a joke about shooting immigrants.  Am i right or am i right red hats?  TDS!  But please, continue to let us know that we are the ones that just don't get it.  Nothing here to be embarrassed about.  That's only the leader of the Republican party smirking while people laugh about it.  

10 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Luckily I have a kegorator so I can do that in the privacy of my own hovel. 

I represent this statement at the moment. Thanks to the good folks at Silver Moon brewing in Bend for your contribution to my liver and brain issues!