Spaztecs

Aztecs @ Dawgs. This has upset written all over it.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve always felt being unbeaten adds more pressure heading into the NCAA tournament. You start playing not to lose. 

There does seem to be added pressure about staying undefeated that starts to build up as the season goes along.  I remember in 2010-2011 when we started out 8-0, then 12-0, ... the rotation gets a little bit shorter, the starters stay in longer, and some of the subs don't really get much court time to get better.  I think that happened to Nevada last year when they started out 14-0.  They logged heavy minutes and seemed burnt out by the end of the season.  Even though Malachi Flynn played all 40 minutes last night, Dutcher has been able to work out a 9 man rotation, so hopefully our bench players are getting good experience that will help out in March.

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’d be fine if they lost their first game in the MWC tournament. But please don’t make the second loss be in the first round of the NCAA tournament. 

In SDSU's previous five trips the NCAAs as a single digit seed they've yet to lose in the first round... for what that's worth.

9 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

In SDSU's previous five trips the NCAAs as a single digit seed they've yet to lose in the first round... for what that's worth.

I believe they lost to #11 NCS.