Spaztecs

Aztecs @ Dawgs. This has upset written all over it.

Dawgs 9 - 2 in last five seasons.  4-1 in SaveMart Arena.  

Aztecs playing on two days rest and minimal.practice. Fresno had a bye over the weekend. Have practiced and prepped for SDSU while integrating new players into lineup.

It is so hard to go undefeated in college ball. Is this the one the Aztecs drop where everyone scratches their heads and goes claims they were paper tigers anyway ? Is this the highlight of an otherwise dreary season for Fresno ?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2020-01-14/sdsu-aztecs-basketball-fresno-state-bulldogs-mountain-west-ap-rankings

So which Fresno players are back for this one?  I know Campbell and Grimes, but how about any others?

An upset at Fresno wouldn't be too shocking.  Typical for Fresno to underwhelm in non-con and turn it up in conference play.  Just wish they didn't drop so many of those close games.

• Like 1

Just Grimes and Campbell are. Those are the only 2 players that did not suit up for the last time these 2 teams met. Blackwell and Hart remain out. 

Justin the Hut may be a good recruiter but he's a bad coach.

Aztecs win by 15+ and don't break a sweat doing it.

Aztecs coming off an easy win behind a big home crowd. Fresno has the athletes to hang if they play together. They can also hurt SDSU inside. However, the Dogs only win if the Aztecs come in fat and happy after their last win. 

Worried about this one...

No Urine Bombs at home- no worries.

Fresno's record against SDSU is exactly what Dutch needs to keep his guys focused. It's going to be close but Fresno has beat just two teams with a winning record and their names are Winthrop and THE California State University at San Bernardino.

Another late night start on the deuce.

Ugggghhhhhhh.

I am having trouble staying up to 9pm mst for the tip. Guess I'll read about it in the morning.

The commentators are talking about the MW cannibalization.  

20 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

The commentators are talking about the MW cannibalization.  

What are they saying? Sorry, I can't watch the game where I am.

Was not pretty but mission accomplished for the Aztecs.  Good game, Bulldogs.  There are some good pieces on that squad.  It will be interesting to see what Hut does to make them a cohesive unit.