Jump to content
halfmanhalfbronco

Final AP top 25. MWC with multiple ranked teams for 3rd year in a row.

Recommended Posts

Had SDSU not lost to Hawaii, we would have had a third. Shame.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet every year there will be all of 2-3 G5 teams in the initial AP top 25 lol

 

 

they never learn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out west:

#5 Oregon

#16 Utah

#22 Air Force

#23 Boise State

-no California teams...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Out west:

#5 Oregon

#16 Utah

#22 Air Force

#23 Boise State

-no California teams...

 

Less Californians in CA playing football, and more competition for the declining number of participants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Had SDSU not lost to Hawaii, we would have had a third. Shame.

Long may they reign!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Less Californians in CA playing football, and more competition for the declining number of participants. 

If you look at the Top 25 rated recruits in CA for 2020 - only 2 are going to California schools.  13 to other PAC schools.

In 2019 only 4 of the top 25 recruits stayed home.

---

In 2009 California schools landed 18 of the top 25.

In 2010 they landed 16 of the top 25.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice to see AFA finish in the Top 25.

  • Like 5
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Very nice to see AFA finish in the Top 25.

Well earned for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Long may they reign!

Three Championships in the Long Era. Four ten win season in the past five. Number two scoring defense in the country this season, and one of the most dominating in MW history. Dominated Boise on the Blue the last chance he had. Long may he reign, indeed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

7 G5s ranked at the end of the year.  Is that a record?

Its gotta be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Out west:

#5 Oregon

#16 Utah

#22 Air Force

#23 Boise State

-no California teams...

 

That's remarkable, actually. No elite teams among UCLA, USC, Stanford, SDSU, Fresno, Reno and powerhouse SJSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob said:

That's remarkable, actually. No elite teams among UCLA, USC, Stanford, SDSU, Fresno, Reno and powerhouse SJSU

image.jpeg.0ffbff011b4fa42ceb571fde6cd60891.jpeg

You forgot one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bob said:

That's remarkable, actually. No elite teams among UCLA, USC, Stanford, SDSU, Fresno, Reno and powerhouse SJSU

When did California annex Reno?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 teams from the AAC and 1 team from the Belt. Only 2 from MWC. That needs to be changed but may not be until California steps up. I know there are those on this site who consider it to be bias on the part of the national media but that is mostly horse pucky. If Cali gets NO teams in the top 25 with over 10% of the population and almost 10% of the college enrollment then there are real and long term problems.

I also agree with Rogue Stout that Air Force stepped up and deserves it's recognition.  Without them we may have had only 1 team in the rankings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanhood said:

Three Championships in the Long Era. Four ten win season in the past five. Number two scoring defense in the country this season, and one of the most dominating in MW history. Dominated Boise on the Blue the last chance he had. Long may he reign, indeed. 

What are they reigning?  They have not appeared in a MWCCG 3 seasons in a row and had what, 3 conference losses last year?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What are they reigning?  They have not appeared in a MWCCG 3 seasons in a row and had what, 3 conference losses last year?

Yeah, they're 9-7 on conference the last two seasons. They took advantage of a really down West for a couple years during their run. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fanhood said:

Three Championships in the Long Era. Four ten win season in the past five. Number two scoring defense in the country this season, and one of the most dominating in MW history. Dominated Boise on the Blue the last chance he had. Long may he reign, indeed. 

SDSU won 19-13. Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×