Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Budget Synth of the Year: The Berhinger DeepMind 12

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You liked them so much because you finally caught a lucky break where you weren’t faced with the impossible of having to understand any words. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂🤣

Don't be like that, little fella. I was complimenting you.

Not many can have such a strong post in the wee hours of the morning. And then come back just as strong a couple of minutes later? Epic posting!!!

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Lo fi as in what? 

Think of any album a smart person in your life has recommended to you, and you listened to, and decided you didn't like because the mix was weird or mids were off. You'll probably have Lo Fi.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 hours ago, PackNation said:

Don't be like that, little fella. I was complimenting you.

Not many can have such a strong post in the wee hours of the morning. And then come back just as strong a couple of minutes later? Epic posting!!!

Now back to the little kids table, the grown ups are talking.

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Think of any album a smart person in your life has recommended to you, and you listened to, and decided you didn't like because the mix was weird or mids were off. You'll probably have Lo Fi.

There’s lo fi elements in a song like someone’s voice through a loudspeaker or any other lo-fi pieces that add character in a mix that’s overall not lo fi. There’s lots of lo fi bootlegs out there that are cool, but they’re always cooler when the PA mixing guy lets you plug in to his mixing board. Maybe other acoustic lo fi performances are cool, but I don’t have any use for lo fi rock to hard rock or metal. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

A big turning point in home recording came with the Tascam 388 aka Studio 8. It was the first reel to reel 1/4” 8 track with a decent 8 channel mixer. This was light years better than tape 4 tracks and was under $4k. I remember Eddie Vedder was using a Tascam 244 4 track and he went the Chicago and did a demo called Crossroads on his cousins new Studio 8, and it was surprisingly great sounding. It was also compact for a reel to reel and mixer.

Tascam388c.jpg

I was in school and couldn’t quite afford one. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/SB3oZu2dkLj7suTD8

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

If you don’t go back to the kids table immediately I’m going to tell on you. You know your wife will give you bare-bottom spankings, too. Ouch! 

Why are you always so infatuated with my wife?

Have you lost interest in your husband?

On 1/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, PackNation said:

Why are you always so infatuated with my wife?

Have you lost interest in your husband?

If my general generic reference to a “Wife” is what you consider to be “infatuation”? Good grief Charlie Brown, I can’t imagine what you think of me !!! 

That is just so creepy and wrong. Wow, don’t most people your age have wives? I think they do. Don’t tell me you’re going to have another meltdown tough guy speech that I better stay away from your wife or else! Remember, you’re the stalker you idiot. You start shit with me every single time.

So here’s a real simple solution to your problem, tough guy, Go to the Library, and read about why stalkers do what they do and how to stop your behavior. Then call a  support group and meet other stalkers. If that doesn’t work, you may have do voluntarily turn yourself in and learn to live a productive life in jail. You could even stalk other jailmates. Of course, you’d certainly get beat up doing it. I will do you a favor. Send me at least one good pic a month of a stalker beating. I’ll make you a 2021 stalker calendar that you’ll be able to sell and promote on the cool talk shows.

kat.jpg

On 1/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, renoskier said:

I admit, I'm one of those people. Been listening to music all my life and playing guitar, poorly, for 30 years. My "ear" has improved dramatically since I started playing but there's no way in hell I can hear the difference between analog and digital, I've tried. I know vinyl was making a comeback for awhile and an audiophile friend was raving at how rich and full his new system sounded. I nodded but it really sounded all the same to me.

except for the really cool pops, clicks a hiss.  I miss that about vinyl.  Also cleaning fluids, zero stat guns, crazy expensive cartridges and styluses, pop and click filters and multiple trips to the record store to get a better pressing.  Good times.  Can't believe I ever went digital.

Edit:  I agree about higher sampling rates though.  I'm deaf(practically) from working around electronics and airplanes for most of my career but I can hear an under-sampled track from a mile away.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, PackNation said:

Lol. 

Convert going off the rails on another middle of the night posting spree. Try not to get so upset, cupcake.

And do to have an English translation for:

Wow, I bin Don't most people your age have wives?

So easy.

I know you’ve alway though it was strange how people at hospitals and Vegas that work all night could possibly live with no sleep. So weird, right?! But then one day a research team member of your newly merged ITT Technical DickNation Institute came up with an idea that would change how we view working all night, forever. THE SOLUTION!! Of course, all you have to do is sleep 8 hours during the day. That’s it!! Such a simple fix for such a complicated problem that’s plagued everyone for many years. Fortunately your company has on staff some of the biggest Dick’s known to our society, and are working on more solutions that we all face every day. ITT Technical Dick is taking applications from everyone, but they’re especially encouraging assholes to apply at this time. 

Now back to my life. I do consulting work that allows me to have very flexible hours. I usually work until 3am or so and then get up around 10 or 11am. As much as a total loser stalker you are, I must thank you for your company’s “Flexible Sleeping Technology”. It’s had a huge & profound effect on my life being able to work and sleep at flexible times. So here’s a big hug for that, sir.  I have to jump in the shower throw the clothes in the wash, anyway,

kat.jpg

On 1/16/2020 at 3:25 AM, Nevada Convert said:

There’s lo fi elements in a song like someone’s voice through a loudspeaker or any other lo-fi pieces that add character in a mix that’s overall not lo fi. There’s lots of lo fi bootlegs out there that are cool, but they’re always cooler when the PA mixing guy lets you plug in to his mixing board. Maybe other acoustic lo fi performances are cool, but I don’t have any use for lo fi rock to hard rock or metal. 

Clearly... and you're missing out, dude. If the 90s taught us anything, it's that you don't need quality audio to make quality rock music. 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:40 AM, Nevada Convert said:

A big turning point in home recording came with the Tascam 388 aka Studio 8. It was the first reel to reel 1/4” 8 track with a decent 8 channel mixer. This was light years better than tape 4 tracks and was under $4k. I remember Eddie Vedder was using a Tascam 244 4 track and he went the Chicago and did a demo called Crossroads on his cousins new Studio 8, and it was surprisingly great sounding. It was also compact for a reel to reel and mixer.

Tascam388c.jpg

I was in school and couldn’t quite afford one. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/SB3oZu2dkLj7suTD8

I wouldn't ever call Pearl Jam a lo-fi rock band, but their best albums are the albums that draw from punk rock and mimic lo-fi recording styles. Ten and Vs were probably the two that technically sound the best of their first 4 albums, but Vitalogy and No Code hold up way better today. Except for the weird tracks about bugs and shit. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Clearly... and you're missing out, dude. If the 90s taught us anything, it's that you don't need quality audio to make quality rock music. 

I wouldn't ever call Pearl Jam a lo-fi rock band, but their best albums are the albums that draw from punk rock and mimic lo-fi recording styles. Ten and Vs were probably the two that technically sound the best of their first 4 albums, but Vitalogy and No Code hold up way better today. Except for the weird tracks about bugs and shit. 

I have no problem with lo fi elements within a mix, have no problem with a lo fi attitude but if I like the music I’m listening to, I crank it up, and if the overall mix is lo fi, you could damage your speakers and sound like shit. 

The industry went from cliche overproduced Sunset Strip pvssy metal cookie cutter shit to a 180 flop to Grunge. What should’ve been a 90 deg correction back to normal, it went 90 deg too far. Grunge was cool and fresh at first just like the first couple bites out of a sugar cake. Then it gets old quick when you’re getting assaulted with pure sugar.  That was my experience with grunge. I always liked AIC, a lot of Soundgarden stuff a lot of Nirvana, some PJ, a decent amount of Smashing Pumkins. SP had a lot of lo fi tunes and they were OK. They also had very hi fi carefully produced tunes as well. 

Then you also had the Grunge copy cats like Creed and Silver Chair, and then the biggest explosion in music were the millions of Green Day copy cats and off-shoots from pop-punk copycats. From 1995 to about 2005 was by far the worst decade in music. It was even more out of control than the late 80’s early 90’s LA pvssy metal like Poison, Warrant, Winger, White Lion, Firehouse, Slaughter, etc. because the pvssy pop punk era were EVERYWHERE. And don’t forget to include your favorite Black dude turn table rapper in your band, as well. 

Man, what made the 70’s so great was that no one was copying each other for the most part. There were so many unique and original types of music, and if it was good it sold. The Top 25 countdowns back then were so incredibly diverse, it was awesome even if you hated some of it. Even when the first big fad came along, disco, bands were very creative into how they made it work in their songs. No one was copying each other. Then the 80’s came, and copycat cashin would begin. 

kat.jpg