Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Has anybody invited Trump to the MWCBOARD?

I asked for a congratulatory note from the speaker of the house and President Trump for my son’s accomplishment. Only Trump responded. 

I didn’t expect a response because it didn’t fit into what the White House would respond to. It meant a lot to me and my son. Our Democrat Governor also responded. We framed them both up. It would have framed Nancy Pelosi as well. But when you’re 3rd in line for the President a kid in Kansas doesn’t matter to you. 

That sealed the deal for me to vote for him again. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

14 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Modesto, I think your generally a good dude and reasonably well informed.  Honest question.  How in the heck can you support such a schmuck like Trump?  

Because he entered the realm of politics which is a cesspool, he is little different than the Democrats.  He has torn down the facade of civility, and the only Republican President since Reagan who was not emasculated, doesn't cower at rediculous accusations, and is willing to fight for what is right.  There is little difference between the crap Donald does and Hillary, Bill, Schumer, Pelosi, etc.  

People elected him because they are tired of elitists and establishment who pile on regulations and purposely make a hostile business environment and sell out our country in a America last strategy (as long as they benefit personally).  

I agree with the sentiment on this board, it is all teams and s***. It is extremely rare a congressperson breaks rank and votes with the opposing party.

The Democrats take things too far.  For instance, transgender.  In my opinion, they have gone to far.  A pragmatic solution might be one must use the restroom or locker room of the individuals sex, as per then current biological configuration.  Sports competition is problematic, I can't think of an acceptable solution.  I disagree with everything the Democratic party stands for, I would vote for my dog Sarah over any Democrats.

Finally, I have described Donald as a blowhard and buffoon, but I voted for him as President, not country Pastor, Priest, Bishop, Evangelist, Deacon, or spiritual leader.  Hillary would have been worse and the Clinton's are as corrupt as hell.  They do seem to be more adept of not crossing the line as in their foundation, but that was slimey as hell.  They also seem to be protected by numerous people in power. That whole server, email, and phone fiasco was beyond belief.  I have been under a preservation order for work, no way she and her staff didn't know what they were doing, and they get away with it.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

17 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Because he entered the realm of politics which is a cesspool, he is little different than the Democrats.  He has torn down the facade of civility, and the only Republican President since Reagan who was not emasculated, doesn't cower at rediculous accusations, and is willing to fight for what is right.  There is little difference between the crap Donald does and Hillary, Bill, Schumer, Pelosi, etc.  

People elected him because they are tired of elitists and establishment who pile on regulations and purposely make a hostile business environment and sell out our country in a America last strategy (as long as they benefit personally).  

I agree with the sentiment on this board, it is all teams and s***. It is extremely rare a congressperson breaks rank and votes with the opposing party.

The Democrats take things too far.  For instance, transgender.  In my opinion, they have gone to far.  A pragmatic solution might be one must use the restroom or locker room of the individuals sex, as per then current biological configuration.  Sports competition is problematic, I can't think of an acceptable solution.  I disagree with everything the Democratic party stands for, I would vote for my dog Sarah over any Democrats.

Finally, I have described Donald as a blowhard and buffoon, but I elected him as President, not country Pastor, Priest, Bishop, Evangelist, Deacon, or spiritual leader.  Hillary would have been worse and the Clinton's are as corrupt as hell.  They do seem to be more adept of not crossing the line as in their foundation, but that was slimey as hell.  They also seem to be protected by numerous people in power. That whole server, email, and phone fiasco was beyond belief.  I have been under a preservation order for work, no way she and her staff didn't know what they were doing, and they get away with it.  

I mean, you could have just left it there. That being said, you can dislike and disagree with everything that the Democratic Party stands for and not slavishly stand behind every boneheaded thing that your hero does and says. 

7 hours ago, robe said:

I asked for a congratulatory note from the speaker of the house and President Trump for my son’s accomplishment. Only Trump responded. 

I didn’t expect a response because it didn’t fit into what the White House would respond to. It meant a lot to me and my son. Our Democrat Governor also responded. We framed them both up. It would have framed Nancy Pelosi as well. But when you’re 3rd in line for the President a kid in Kansas doesn’t matter to you. 

:lol::rotflmfao::lol::rotflmfao:

as if there was ever any doubt

38 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, you could have just left it there. That being said, you can dislike and disagree with everything that the Democratic Party stands for and not slavishly stand behind every boneheaded thing that your hero does and says. 

Speaking of slavish devotion, you are 8x more prolific on this board than me and 4x more prolific on the Barkboard. Do you see yourself as a slave to the anti-Trump movement?

110926run_defense710.jpg

4 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Speaking of slavish devotion, you are 8x more prolific on this board than me and 4x more prolific on the Barkboard. Do you see yourself as a slave to the anti-Trump movement?

To the anti trump movement.  Absolutely.   Because a man who ignores the separation of powers in the constitution, calls people who have dedicated their life serving this country traitors, and separates children from parents to make a political point..... doesn’t deserve to be in office.

to Democrat’s.  No.   I refused to vote for Hilary.   

so I have a follow-up question... is there anything Trump could do which would cause you to vote democratic?  And if so what is it?

13 hours ago, robe said:

You do know how this works right?  All the elected officials have interns that run form letters through signing machines.   But those interns focus on their constituents.   Are you a resident of Pelosi’s Congressional district?  Why don’t you send a request to McConnell and see if he replies. 

I would guess Pelosi forwarded the correspondence to your House Representative and that person chose to not respond.

13 hours ago, robe said:

Dear Little Robe,

Congratulations on being born, despite the fact that your parent is a robot. I love robots! They helped me win an election. 

Your Prez,

Donny

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

To the anti trump movement.  Absolutely.   Because a man who ignores the separation of powers in the constitution, calls people who have dedicated their life serving this country traitors, and separates children from parents to make a political point..... doesn’t deserve to be in office.

to Democrat’s.  No.   I refused to vote for Hilary.   

so I have a follow-up question... is there anything Trump could do which would cause you to vote democratic?  And if so what is it?

Separation of powers in the constitution

Not sure specifically what you are referring to, it has been getting murkier for a very long time.

Calls people who have dedicated their life serving this country traitors

The "T" word is tossed out way too much, just like racist, nazi, deplorable, etc.  It is the not-so-new normal.  Trump is better at this disgusting game. 

Separates children from parents to make a political point

An immaterial difference, Obama kids in cages ... good or silence, Trump kids in cages, bad. Regardless, illegal immigration is, well ..... illegal.  Trump is the only president in recent memory to do anything about it.

Doesn’t deserve to be in office.

Electorate thinks otherwise.  Maybe they prefer "winning" over "feel your pain". It is similar to the reasons Reagan and Clinton beat Carter and Bush 1.  To bad Hillary tossed out her husbands political play book.

Is there anything Trump could do which would cause you to vote democratic?  And if so what is it?

This is an ambiguous question, possibly a gotcha.  Feel free to toss out specific "things"

Many people feel the elites, establishment, and experts have sold out America and that Trump is trying to reverse that.  Personally, I would have preferred any of the 15 other 2016 Republican candidates over Trump, but looking back, none of them could have held a candle compared to Trump.  The whole Kavanaugh episode tells me all I need to know about the morality of Democrats, if nominated by one of the other 15 candidates (if elected) would have gone down in flames.  As the onslaught mounted, the 15 would have cowered in the corner and thrown him under the bus. 

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

Same posting style and political views. And are there three SJSU fans on the planet? 

Astute observation, that is a sneaky way to inflate perceived joser fan support.  

110926run_defense710.jpg