Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Tigers vs. Tigers

Gheesh.  No doubt about that.  I'm just wondering how soon Geaux hits 40.  As previously crowed and crowed about...this is The Year of Louisiana Football (sans Saints).  The other three did it in great style.  Louisiana Tech shut down Regular Miami.  Temple won.  Cajuns won. 

image.png.6530cd18ef9d31ee8b7e8c3cd6a07ad7.png

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

5 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Don't have anything against either program. Just want to see a good game.

Very glad Bama didn't get into the playoffs. 

Agreed.  With qualification. LSU for a beat down in New Orleans.  Finally it's not Alabama.  We're used to Clemson.  Too used to Clemson.  Dabo and the long-haired QB need a thorough bashing. (In all fairness, in my unruly large family it's all about LSU, Boomer, Aggy, Houston, Texas, UCLA, Yale, Oklahoma State, Tech of Ruston, LA, and the periphery Arkansas and Arizona with a bit of Oregon thrown in there..all dedicated sports fans with spirited debate any given Saturday).  To boot we have #46 TE Ryan on the Aggy squad. 

Nothing takes the cake so say other than the LSU wing of the family.  There's like 5 of them.  Born from and married into.  Totally supersedes the Boomer Bunch.  The large majority wanted Geaux over Boomer and that happened. 

LSU this evening in a landslide. 

I hate the Clemson/Bama stranglehold on the sport,  but I also hate The SEC. I'm rooting for Clemson since I'm a Notre Dame fan and I want them to keep that winning streak up until they get to South Bend next year.

More than anything I just want to see a good game. Burrow against that Clemson D should be a ton of fun, and while LSU's offense is receiving a ton of praise, I don't expect Clemson to punt a lot either.

I'm leaning towards an LSU win. I think Clemson is a more balanced, but LSU's offense is just too +++++ing good. I'm really looking forward to this one.

10 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I hate the SEC, but I'm a big fan of Ed Orgeron, Geaux Tigers tonight. 

Fantastic write up recently re Ed O.  He's from down on the bayou in south Louisiana. His accent is thicker than dirt and I like it. He's a good ole boy by bayou standards.  This I know.  We married off a Texas daughter to a Gulf shrimper boy in Houma.  We couldn't understand the boy one iota; practically had to have a translation.  Them bayou boys are great souls, fine hearts, good people.  That does not require translation. 

Ed O is for real.  He's good people. And yes, Ridge you can hate the SEC all you like.  Except for LSU and Texas A&M. 

I like Big Ed too, and for that reason I say...Geaux Tigers! :banana:

And props to Joe Burrow, he's a great example of perserverance. 

58 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I am anti-SEC. Go Clemson!

Normally I would agree, but ....

31 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I hate the SEC, but I'm a big fan of Ed Orgeron, Geaux Tigers tonight. 

I agree with ridgeview. Ed Orgeron doesn’t seem like the typical SEC douche coach and LSU is exciting to watch. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Normally I would agree, but ....

I agree with ridgeview. Ed Orgeron doesn’t seem like the typical SEC douche coach and LSU is exciting to watch. 

Exactly what you quoted.  Not a fan of Clemson or any SEC team but Coach O seems like a good guy.  I think it will be a close game though.

Having played LSU this season I sort of feel a kinship with them.....(and we took less of a beating than #4 OU did). Clemson has not risen to Alabama-type hatred yet in my eyes so I won't be rooting against them either. If LSU wins big tonight I think we will have witnessed one of the greatest college football teams ever assembled.