Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

OT: Rock-n-Roll HOF 2020 Class

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

I voted for Judas Priest, Pat Benetar, Soundgarden, Dobbies and Thin Lizzy. Maybe next year we can post the voting link on here. I'm glad it's up to the fans now before the Hollywood elites were controlling things.

Solid votes there.

Not a real big fan of rap, but rock and roll is an attitude so I have no problem with bands like NWA voted in.

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

Solid votes there

Agree

On 1/13/2020 at 4:56 AM, RogueStout said:

Are they pop? I haven’t heard them in a long ass time but got the impression they were more of a jam band the last 15 years or so?

If being innovative and influential actually mattered as they should, Dave Matthews would have to pay his way into the HOF.

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

If being innovative and influential actually mattered as they should, Dave Matthews would have to pay his way into the HOF.

Not sure what that has to do with my question. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

The top five seem like pretty solid selections.

I am quite surprised that Todd Rundgren isn't in the HoF already.

Many view TRex as a one hit wonder, but what a hit !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Not sure what that has to do with my question. 

Sorry. Some may disagree but what I've heard I would categorize as pop rock with jazz influences. Not awful, just boring and unoriginal.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The inductees are:

Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Many view TRex as a one hit wonder, but what a hit !

They were huge in England. Marc Bolan's untimely death killed their chances of finding similar stardom in the US, though.

"Electric Warrior" was a monster album for what it's worth. Glad they finally got in.

Happy for the Doobies. All San Jose connections aside, was long overdue, IMO. Don’t care much for anyone else on the list, but recognize that Whitney is,  without question, an all-time great voice/talent.  

Of those missing out, I think Pat Benatar not getting in is borderline criminal.  She will get her turn someday, tho’, I’m fairly certain...

4 hours ago, RSF said:

The inductees are:

Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex.

Dang turns out fan voting didn't matter this year. T-Rex is in for bang a gong? That song isn't that great. 

4 hours ago, RSF said:

The inductees are:

Whitney Houston and The Notorious B.I.G. are not rock....  Pat Benatar and Soundgarden should have been in instead!!! 

down in a hole.jpg

Hate to break it to everybody, but the Hall was never intended to be that narrow in scope.  Take a look at the 1st couple induction classes 30 years ago and tell me those are all 'rockers'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On behalf of the SJSU family - Congratulations to The Doobie Brothers! :rock:  

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Hate to break it to everybody, but the Hall was never intended to be that narrow in scope.  Take a look at the 1st couple induction classes 30 years ago and tell me those are all 'rockers'.

I'd put Pat Benetar in before Whitney.  Yet, you'll probably never see Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or Pantera inducted anytime in the near future. Soundgarden probably din't get in because they are "harder" rock than Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

down in a hole.jpg

19 hours ago, Broncomare said:

I'd put Pat Benetar in before Whitney.  Yet, you'll probably never see Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or Pantera inducted anytime in the near future. Soundgarden probably din't get in because they are "harder" rock than Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Maiden, JP, Soundgarden, and Motorhead got the shaft because they were all on the same ballot and split votes. They need to put one or two on until metal/hard rock gets more traction. 

It's good to see Depeche Mode and NIN in, which should open the doors for Kraftwerk, who deserve to be in. Still no Chaka Kahn (Rufus or otherwise) either, which is a shame. 

The greatest HOF induction was the letter to the hall from Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols. 

19 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Maiden, JP, Soundgarden, and Motorhead got the shaft because they were all on the same ballot and split votes. They need to put one or two on until metal/hard rock gets more traction. 

It's good to see Depeche Mode and NIN in, which should open the doors for Kraftwerk, who deserve to be in. Still no Chaka Kahn (Rufus or otherwise) either, which is a shame. 

The greatest HOF induction was the letter to the hall from Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols. 

It’s ironic that without Kraftwerk, there is no Depeche Mode. That Kraftwerk isn’t in the HOF is the biggest omission of all.

Champ Logo.jpg

48 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

It’s ironic that without Kraftwerk, there is no Depeche Mode. That Kraftwerk isn’t in the HOF is the biggest omission of all.

Without Mother Love Bone there would be no Pearl Jam.

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

As was pointed out above, there's always someone that came before the person that made it big. Kraftwerk absolutely led to Depeche Mode, but DM is undoubtedly the most the most successful in terms of album sales/popularity, so I'm not surprised to see them in first. Kraftwerk will get there though, as should New Order/Joy Division, Devo....maybe Erasure and Pet Shop Boys.