Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PTR

Carlton Bragg popped for a Dee-Dub and Weed

4 hours ago, PTR said:

What a dipshit. Couldn't seem to stay out of trouble... and there's just no excuse for getting a DUI. 

Sucks for you guys, but good riddance. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 minutes ago, jdw said:

I'd let him finish out the Spring semester and graduate if that is his desire, but I don't want to see him in a Lobo uniform again. As a great philosopher once said, "You can't fix stupid."

Yeah. If he wants to finish up his last semester out of pocket, I'd be OK with that. I never want to see him on the court again. 

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

What a dipshit. Couldn't seem to stay out of trouble... and there's just no excuse for getting a DUI. 

Sucks for you guys, but good riddance. 

Absolutely good riddance. He's had a bunch of chances and is +++++ed it up. It's not like he's some 18-year-old freshmen who got popped with a minor in possession either. He's a 24-year-old grown man with a kid. 

I'd even let him keep his scholly, PTR. If a Presidential Scholar were found in the same situation I'm pretty sure it would take most of the semester for the process to pull their scholarship. I want Bragg treated no differently.

Just now, slappy said:

So that means legalize crack, meth weed coke.  Because kids are born with alcohol.   Not buying it.  

What's the criteria you're looking for? Legal alcohol abuse is more destructive, on a social order, than almost all drugs combined. But we've been down that road before and it failed. It would also appear that the prohibition of cannabis hasn't done so well either, and there are solid comparisons of it to alcohol. The real problem with cannabis is more of a regulatory issue. The states need to have cannabis regulations that mirror alcohol. Also need federal standards for its production and distribution similar to those for alcohol. Need to make sure things aren't tainted and businesses aren't vertical.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

14 minutes ago, jdw said:

I'd even let him keep his scholly, PTR. If a Presidential Schoalr were found in the same situation I'm pretty sure it would take most of the semester for the process to pull their scholarship. I want Bragg treated no differently.

As long as he doesn't play ball here again. Weir definitely rolled the dice with the baggage transfers. Sometimes you hit a home run and get a JR Giddens. But the more you gamble, the more you risk a shit show. 

1 hour ago, PTR said:

As long as he doesn't play ball here again. Weir definitely rolled the dice with the baggage transfers. Sometimes you hit a home run and get a JR Giddens. But the more you gamble, the more you risk a shit show. 

I don't want him on campus, he can rent a apartment and commute. He needs to have some kind of punishment other than removed from playing ball.

UPDATED: Paul Weir has removed Carlton Bragg from Lobo basketball team. (Weir's full statement in story) "My hope is that he can find increased time and attention to heed to his personal well being. My sole purpose going forward is to support Carlton in his health and growth..."
Quote Tweet

tFRKv0h6_normal.jpg
Geoff Grammer

@GeoffGrammer
· 7h
Lobo Carlton Bragg arrested, charged with DWI, possession of marijuana https://abqjournal.com/1409103/breaking-lobo-carlton-bragg-arrested-charged-with-dwi-possession-of-marijuana.html via @ABQJournal #mwbb

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Hes only a few credits away from graduating which he would have got  BEFORE the end of this school year... if he's smart, he’ll do that, but it'll have to be at another college, it won’t   be at UNM. He had a chance to do something here, could have sparked a pro career somewhere (overseas perhaps), and he CHOSE to blow it.

Well, technically he inhaled....unless he had some coke around too.

seriously though, you can only give people so many chances to right the ship.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I don't want him on campus, he can rent a apartment and commute. He needs to have some kind of punishment other than removed from playing ball.

Yeah. Or it might be something he could complete online. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Any chance he gets drafted or has a shot at the NBA? If not, he appears good enough to make a living off basketball in Europe. 

No way. Putting aside that he's got a rap-sheet a mile long as a headcase, even if he was an angel he's 24 years old. Keep in mind the average age of an NBA draft pick is 20.7--If you haven't garnered any NBA stock by the time you're old enough to order a beer, your chances of ever getting drafted plummets dramatically...not enough NBA roster spots available to risk a draft pick on a 24 year old project. 

He'll be in and out of D/G-league and overseas by the end of the year. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

14 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Like he cares about graduating...

How long have you been a mind reader?  He used up his get out of jail card already and has been booted from the team, leave it at that.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg