Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Iran cracks down

What I don't get are the calls for an investigation. Iran admitted to doing it, the people responsible admitted to the mistake, and there's not much left to figure out.

They should have grounded the flights. That's all there is to it.

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

What I don't get are the calls for an investigation. Iran admitted to doing it, the people responsible admitted to the mistake, and there's not much left to figure out.

They should have grounded the flights. That's all there is to it.

Thank God the company I work for doesn't have such an ignorant view.  We investigate not only incidents, but near incidents.  The goal is to determine root cause, and implement preventative measures.  The Swiss cheese model is helpful in that regard.  Almost 180 people lost their lives for Christ sakes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_cheese_model

We apply it not only to safety, but other areas too, such as accounting errors,  missed transactions, missing or incomplete documentation, etc.

110926run_defense710.jpg

17 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Thank God the company I work for doesn't have such an ignorant view.  We investigate not only incidents, but near incidents.  The goal is to determine root cause, and implement preventative measures.  The Swiss cheese model is helpful in that regard.  Almost 180 people lost their lives for Christ sakes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_cheese_model

We apply it not only to safety, but other areas too, such as accounting errors,  missed transactions, missing or incomplete documentation, etc.

Root cause: Idiots controlling missiles.

Preventative measure: Implement no-fly zone during military exercises.

Hold trials for those who screwed it up, especially the commander who failed to ground flights. Jail those responsible for a very long time. Award frozen Iranian government assets to families who lost loved ones.

26 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Hold trials for those who screwed it up, especially the commander who failed to ground flights. Jail those responsible for a very long time. Award frozen Iranian government assets to families who lost loved ones.

That money was released by Obama, spent on nukes & terror.

110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

That money was released by Obama, spent on nukes & terror.

I don’t think he means the Shah government’s money. The sanctions we’ve put on them since have frozen a bunch of assets.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

I think your root cause analysis is lacking.  Not as simple as you think.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think he means the Shah government’s money. The sanctions we’ve put on them since have frozen a bunch of assets.

I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.  Does the US have the authority to dispense impounded Iranian assets?

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.  Does the US have the authority to dispense impounded Iranian assets?

That depends on what you mean by authority? They can definitely sue us in International Court but who enforces it.

I don’t think we’d do it though. Let Iran pay them off with the money they still have or face the blowback. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That depends on what you mean by authority? They can definitely sue us in International Court but who enforces it.

I don’t think we’d do it though. Let Iran pay them off with the money they still have or face the blowback. 

They only real authority...military service GIF

10 hours ago, CV147 said:

So idiots were on the bridge of the USS Vincennes when they accidentally shot down an Iranian Airbus, killing 290 people? No one went to trial for that. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

So idiots were on the bridge of the USS Vincennes when they accidentally shot down an Iranian Airbus, killing 290 people? No one went to trial for that. 

"Oh, but America! Same thing!"

4 minutes ago, CV147 said:

"Oh, but America! Same thing!"

I actually don’t really blame the low-level Iranian military personnel that actually fired the missile. I blame whoever failed to stop the Tehran airport from opening for business as usual a few hours after the missile launch. 

10 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I actually don’t really blame the low-level Iranian military personnel that actually fired the missile. I blame whoever failed to stop the Tehran airport from opening for business as usual a few hours after the missile launch. 

I do think the guys on the bridge of the Vincennes were idiots. 

I’m also not certain the “failure” to close the airspace wasn’t intentional.

50 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I do think the guys on the bridge of the Vincennes were idiots. 

I’m also not certain the “failure” to close the airspace wasn’t intentional.

Yeah it was an SD-based ship and the CO had a reputation. It was known as the “Robocruiser.” Did you ever hear about the way his vehicle was car bombed years later?

42 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah it was an SD-based ship and the CO had a reputation. It was known as the “Robocruiser.” Did you ever hear about the way his vehicle was car bombed years later?

I read it on the wiki after reading about Praying Mantis. But I wasn’t familiar with any of it before this week.