Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Trump’s economy in election year bad news for Demcrats

https://apple.news/A35AIu2XZQ8isG3ES0o5_lg

Fears of a recession are gone. 

Obama “the jobs are never coming back”

I suspect Trump jr will be our President someday as well. 

He has truly made America great again. I’m astonished by what he has accomplished.

Impeachment again has nothing to do with Trump. They know full well beating Trump would be unprecedented. It’s all the senate.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The Russian Bot Farm is up before dawn. 

Russian 

Operative

Bot 

Enterprise 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Akkula said:

Yes , there are so many uber jobs and fast food jobs out there to be filled!  The hand to moith economy with no house, long term financial security, and living worse than you parents is AMAZING!

You’re in Costa Rica...  what do you know?  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

51 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Poor white people who don’t own stock love to point at the stock market to show how well the economy is doing? 

Unfortunately, a lot sure do.  They just haven't made their millions yet, but they will and don't want to give it to anyone else once they are rich.

25 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

The article is crap. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there, but a degree in women's studies won't land you one.

We can't fill the open engineering positions with home grown talent because very few students are willing to take that path. There are good paying skilled trades jobs that go unfilled. It's a myth that the only jobs available are low paying part time gigs.

7 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The article is crap. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there, but a degree in women's studies won't land you one.

We can't fill the open engineering positions with home grown talent because very few students are willing to take that path. There are good paying skilled trades jobs that go unfilled. It's a myth that the only jobs available are low paying part time gigs.

While I agree that there are good jobs out there for people who are motivated and talented, what happens to the people who just can't seem to function at a high enough level to get those jobs.  There are plenty of people I have met that I would not want anyhere near a job site.  They would be dangerous because they just weren't that bright.  

School systems are not doing these kids any favors these days since they would rather have them pass tests than learn anything. 

All of these 53 million people in the article can't just be lazy can they?

What's the solution then if America can't fulfill these jobs?  Do employers need to take on more apprenticeships like it used to be?  Where is the disconnect?  I personally feel like a lot of employers also want ridiculous qualifications for a lot of the jobs that are available and then say they can't find help.  People need to learn on the job as well.  

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

While I agree that there are good jobs out there for people who are motivated and talented, what happens to the people who just can't seem to function at a high enough level to get those jobs.  There are plenty of people I have met that I would not want anyhere near a job site.  They would be dangerous because they just weren't that bright.  

School systems are not doing these kids any favors these days since they would rather have them pass tests than learn anything. 

All of these 53 million people in the article can't just be lazy can they?

What's the solution then if America can't fulfill these jobs?  Do employers need to take on more apprenticeships like it used to be?  Where is the disconnect?  I personally feel like a lot of employers also want ridiculous qualifications for a lot of the jobs that are available and then say they can't find help.  People need to learn on the job as well.  

Apprenticeships and on the job learning are great ideas. The hard part is getting companies to take this route and I'm not sure how you go about doing it.

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I remember when Republicans were saying the same thing during the Obama economy, they would say things like “unemployment is low but it’s all low paying jobs” and Dems would scream that’s not true and blah blah.  Now it’s Dems screaming “unemployment is low but it’s all low paying jobs” and Republicans are screaming that’s not true and blah blah.  Teams and shit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I remember when Republicans were saying the same thing during the Obama economy, they would say things like “unemployment is low but it’s all low paying jobs” and Dems would scream that’s not true and blah blah.  Now it’s Dems screaming “unemployment is low but it’s all low paying jobs” and Republicans are screaming that’s not true and blah blah.  Teams and shit. 

So do think it is just teams and shit or is it a huge issue for the country regardless of political affiliation?  

Just now, Wyobraska said:

So do think it is just teams and shit or is it a huge issue for the country regardless of political affiliation?  

I think it’s an overall issue.  But people only care when the other “team” is in power.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 1/12/2020 at 3:32 AM, Akkula said:

Yes , there are so many uber jobs and fast food jobs out there to be filled!  The hand to moith economy with no house, long term financial security, and living worse than you parents is AMAZING!

Actually Dummy,  Wages for those without a college degree are rising faster right now than any other segment. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/faster-growth-is-paying-off-for-low-skilled-workers-11560464143?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=15

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

Exactly. You can make statistics say anything. Each team will use the exact same data to make the stats say they are helping the country/world and the other team is hurting it. It's tiresome.

13 hours ago, sean327 said:

Apprenticeships and on the job learning are great ideas. The hard part is getting companies to take this route and I'm not sure how you go about doing it.

Partnering with a local community college would be a pretty good way to do it. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

I remember the unemployment numbers during Obama just weren't "real" because they didn't account for this or that. "Real unemployment was 10, 15 even 20/25 percent! Who knows!”

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I remember the unemployment numbers during Obama just weren't "real" because they didn't account for this or that. "Real unemployment was 10, 15 even 20/25 percent! Who knows!”

Yes, despite of the fact that the various numbers have been calculated the same way since about 1990.