Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Rolo to Wazzu - confirmed

Top Candidates (at this time) Believed to Replace Rolo:

- Brian Smith, Hawaii OC/RB Coach/Associate HC

- Craig Stutzman, Hawaii Passing Game OC/QB Coach

- Mark Banker, Hawaii LB Coach

- Mike Cavanaugh, Syracuse OL Coach

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/01/14/sports/nick-rolovich-heading-to-washington-state/?HSA=fc4c27b7bbd4f267441a4ef0c52ea6a7610c6d48

surprised no mention of Batoon. Guess he isn’t interested and will join Rolo. The job offer posting will be up for at least 5 days before interviews can be done

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/01/14/sports/nick-rolovich-heading-to-washington-state/?HSA=fc4c27b7bbd4f267441a4ef0c52ea6a7610c6d48

surprised no mention of Batoon. Guess he isn’t interested and will join Rolo. The job offer posting will be up for at least 5 days before interviews can be done

Can Hawaii please add Kalani Sitake to this list?

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Who would replace Sitake? Jay Hill? 

After the Chiefs head coach wins a Super Bowl in a few weeks, he'll have accomplished all he wants to accomplish in the NFL, and it will be time to come home.

Come back home Andy Reid.  Save us from Kalani (next head coach of the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors)

Andy_reid_2018_(cropped).jpg

Guest #1Stunner

@Warbow warned everyone not to hire a Polynesian head coach (after the Norm Chow debacle at Hawaii).

I just assumed Warbow is racist.  But maybe he knew something we didn't....

10 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Our AD Dave Matlin likes to go after younger hires with ties to the school. So if it’s JJ it wouldn’t be his style

Men’s Basketball - Eran Ganot(age 38): assistant at Saint Mary’s that had long time ties to the program and school.

Womens Volleyball - Robyn Ah Mow:(age 44) was a club volleyball coach but a former Olympic setter with a few years coaching and playing college under Dave Shoji

Football - Nick Rolovich(age 40): former Hawaii QB, time under Nevada and Ault as the OC along with Hawaii as OC/QB Coach

Here's another alumni who's not too you, but not too old either:

https://athletics.apu.edu/sports/football/roster/coaches/victor-santa-cruz/327

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Santa_Cruz

:P

All kidding aside. He's a good coach and has a good D2 program at APU. I'm surprised an FCS school hasn't courted him.

9 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Here's another alumni who's not too you, but not too old either:

https://athletics.apu.edu/sports/football/roster/coaches/victor-santa-cruz/327

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Santa_Cruz

:P

All kidding aside. He's a good coach and has a good D2 program at APU. I'm surprised an FCS school hasn't courted him.

For reals though, I think I remember seeing his name in the pool when we got Rolo. He always recruits the islands for talent that don’t get picked up by FBS/FCS schools.

I don’t think Matlin is going to go outside the program (due to continuity). Locally Stutz is getting a lot of backing to be the HC. Also Timmy seems to be a near sure thing to return at this point. We will see what happens

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

@Warbow warned everyone not to hire a Polynesian head coach (after the Norm Chow debacle at Hawaii).

I just assumed Warbow is racist.  But maybe he knew something we didn't....

Wtf you talking about. Never said anything close to that. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Who do Hawai'i fans want?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

27 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Listening to the radio show and other local sports media guys.

Seems like locally its been in the order of...

1.) Craig Stutzman

2.) June Jones

3.) Mark Banker

4.) Cal Lee

along with other dream names like Aranda, Kenny, etc.

I want Stutz at this point. He is wet behind the ears, but he knows the Offense. Also seems like if Stutz get the coaching job then Timmy will return in some fashion as a coach (likely either OC/QB Coach). I am guessing a lot of the staff will leave with Rolo at this point. Nobody really is backing Brian Smith for coach from what I am seeing.

11 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Nick Saban

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

This is a big loss for UH and the MW. Rolo did a phenomenal job with the deck stacked against him. Going to miss his aggressive style. Still can’t believe he was the lowest paid coach in the conference and it wasn’t even close. Best of luck to him in the Palouse and we’ll be seeing him on 9/5. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Time to end the travel subs.  As long as the MWC has Hawaii has a football member, it benefits us more to have them competitive than it does not paying for a flight once every other year (or every 4 years for MTN schools).

Agreed. We’re already recouping the costs of the flight and travel by having the 13th game. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg