Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Rolo to Wazzu - confirmed

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Dumb question - would Hawaii consider June Jones?

Our AD Dave Matlin likes to go after younger hires with ties to the school. So if it’s JJ it wouldn’t be his style

Men’s Basketball - Eran Ganot(age 38): assistant at Saint Mary’s that had long time ties to the program and school.

Womens Volleyball - Robyn Ah Mow:(age 44) was a club volleyball coach but a former Olympic setter with a few years coaching and playing college under Dave Shoji

Football - Nick Rolovich(age 40): former Hawaii QB, time under Nevada and Ault as the OC along with Hawaii as OC/QB Coach

34 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

$15m for 5 years — win or lose — is hard to turn down.

Looks like I’ll be getting even more calls from Washington State trying to get more donations. That AD has dug a hole so deep they’ll never dig out. 

20 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Looks like I’ll be getting even more calls from Washington State trying to get more donations. That AD has dug a hole so deep they’ll never dig out. 

WSU's athletic department debt is projected to top $100M by 2023 and yet WSU spends less than any other P5 school on athletics.  It's a mess alright.

38 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Did Moos get them into that trouble?  Spent too much on infrastructure and coaches?

10 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Supposedly Rolo is asking his staff to follow. At least his OCs Stutz and Smith have been spoken to. I think either or will stay if offered the job

So whoever is the next coach will need to find some replacements.

Art Briles runs an exciting offense, and he’s held 2 different coaching jobs since Baylor.

He’d probably procure a NY6 bowl for Hawaii, and it’s far enough away from Eastern media to feel any blowback.

1 minute ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Art Briles runs an exciting offense, and he’s held 2 different coaching jobs since Baylor.

He’d probably procure a NY6 bowl for Hawaii, and it’s far enough away from Eastern media to feel any blowback.

I would like to keep someone from the Run N Shoot tree. The only system that has worked for UH 

Related image

12 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

The AD will likely target coaches with ties to the program first. Unless a big name coach shows interest. (Like a Koetter when he was at Jacksonville or a Gilbride when he was at the Giants)

Will likely be a coaching search from the existing staff then go outside after. Where most of the other assistants follow Rolo. Little time to waste with it being so close to signing day.

Bummed. Rolo was a great fit and helped your program out of a bad situ.

Heres to hoping his replacement is better!