Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise Officials Angry at Hair Thompson?

5 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Blame the wind. It's cold outside and I am on the Snake fishing. I wanted to hurry up and get my gloves back on. It's too cold to be worry about petty shit.

And on six years I think we are gonna do very well. All of us. Actually, we still have money coming to is this go around. Look for some MWC games on the NFL Network and look for CBS, Stadium, and ESPN to look at buying basketball for the streaming services.

Also, Hawaii is probably getting a bump in pay with Spectrum.

We need to go get BYU for all other sports. We are officially P7.

I agree it would be nice to have YBU back for ALL sports, but never á la carte.

Why should the cougs come back for f’ball as long as 1/2 their sked is already filled w/MWC teams?

If we stayed united & black balled ‘em, we’d have much more leverage than we do now.  CSU-Diego, USU & The Juco bailing them out in Oct & Nov is especially counter productive.  :-(

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Why should tge coughs come back for f’ball as long as 1/2 thier sked is already filled w/MWC teams?

If we stayed united & black balled ‘em, we’d have much more leverage than we do now.  CSU-Diego, USU & The Juco bailing them out in Oct & Nov is especially counter productive.  :-(

Don’t leave Wyoming out.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

OK +++++tard. I'll explain what happened to you.

Boise State was negotiating with ESPN and as a result the negotiations for both BSU and the MWC took longer and on the end cost both BSU and the MWC cash. ESPN wanted a longer contract then the other schools would take and FOX and CBS would not do negotiations without BSU. FOX and CBS was willing to give the MWC more than we actually got but since BSU came into negotiations after ESPN stopped the negotiations, BSU was left with only the extra $1.8 the league owes them for life and the MWC 10 lost cash since BSU did not negotiate with them.

So during the next negotiations they will negotiate together and then BSU will get their extra cut. So don't worry, you are still our bitch.

Prather seems to think the BSU extra cut is done.   For the record, I’m for the Division and Conference Champions getting a bump.  

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Why should tge coughs come back for f’ball as long as 1/2 thier sked is already filled w/MWC teams?

It is especially counter productive if BYU is playing on ESPN against a MWC team while the MWC has a game on Fox or CBSSports.   

23 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Prather seems to think the BSU extra cut is done.   For the record, I’m for the Division and Conference Champions getting a bump.  

Prater* is a good dude but he is not even close to being “in the know” when it comes to Boise State athletics and the inner workings.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

28 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I agree. But I just like beating them. I also like their fans. Bunch of soakers.

Bunch of self-righteous hypocrites who deserve nothing more than the void of irrelevance. Let their programs wither and die.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Why should the cougs come back for f’ball as long as 1/2 their sked is already filled w/MWC teams?

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Don’t leave Wyoming out.

I was singling out schools by name that played YBU in Oct & Nov.  I was lazy & only listed the teams that played 'em in Oct & Nov-of-this-yr.

wyo doesn't play los cougs until 2022 & 2024 & both those games are on the 4th Saturday in Sept, so they wouldn't make my super awful Oct/Nov list either way.

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

That's not a bad idea.  It's worth looking into.

4 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Prater* is a good dude but he is not even close to being “in the know” when it comes to Boise State athletics and the inner workings.

Well that may be but multiple outlets have stated the Boise extra payment is done.  Neither Boise nor Thompson has said anything to correct the perception if wrong.

Idk if it’s true but I think I saw somewhere on twitter that they’re not negotiating separately anymore because the MW actually lost out on some money because BSU’s home games aren’t a part of their inventory.  They said that if that had been the case the conference actually might have gotten more money. 

58 minutes ago, TheJackel said:

Idk if it’s true but I think I saw somewhere on twitter that they’re not negotiating separately anymore because the MW actually lost out on some money because BSU’s home games aren’t a part of their inventory.  They said that if that had been the case the conference actually might have gotten more money. 

I wouldn't believe anything on Twitter.  It's a sewer which explains the kind of input they get.

13 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

You seem to be a fan of “simple questions.”  ¿How many wks will it take to play your 130-school round robin tourney?

I’m starting to come around to your logic.  We have no way of knowing if CSU is better or worse than:

Oklahoma

Ohio State

Oregon

LSU

Clemson

Sorry...I owe you an apology.

Apology Accepted.

13 hours ago, Ibanez said:

OK +++++tard. I'll explain what happened to you.

Boise State was negotiating with ESPN and as a result the negotiations for both BSU and the MWC took longer and on the end cost both BSU and the MWC cash. ESPN wanted a longer contract then the other schools would take and FOX and CBS would not do negotiations without BSU. FOX and CBS was willing to give the MWC more than we actually got but since BSU came into negotiations after ESPN stopped the negotiations, BSU was left with only the extra $1.8 the league owes them for life and the MWC 10 lost cash since BSU did not negotiate with them.

So during the next negotiations they will negotiate together and then BSU will get their extra cut. So don't worry, you are still our bitch.

You're a bit confused on a key fact.

Boise State does not negotiate any part of the media rights, the Mountain West Conference does the negotiations and Boises' home games are negotiated as a seperate package from the Mountain West package. Boise State has the right to review the agreements and accept or reject.

13 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Good luck finding the 12-Pac network so you can watch your boys playing on “the blu” in 2026.

The PAC will be under a new media rights detail in 2026.Being those negotiations have not begun it is impossible to know where, when and how the game will be broadcast.

But then again you seem to have the power to know the outcome of events that haven't transpired.

1 hour ago, Danimaji said:

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that Colorado State has zero wins against Boise State.

Only volleyball wins matter 

True we lost ESPN and missed the chance to get ESPN plus for basketball (two major errors) however Hair got us twice the money I thought he would or could have gotten and still nobody likes him. It must really suck to be poor Hair.  I say give the guy some slack for at least 6 months anyway.

1 hour ago, Danimaji said:

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that Colorado State has zero wins against Boise State.

I believe they were league horseshoe champ in 2017.

23 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah I was speaking on behave of BSU. We have five AD"s and Thompson and his staff doing the negotiations. But since Boise's was done completely by itself, I am sure it was mainly us doing the talking along with Hair.

Saw where Wyoming's AD said they took less money for a shorter deal. It was the right move but I am now wondering what the biggest offer was.

If you read the transcript of the press conference you will see that the AD's are not part of the negotiating team.  The are members of the media rights committee.  Hair was pretty clear in his statements that he "spoke" several times with Apsey and "hoped" he was happy with the negotiations.