Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

End of Term Sheet Deal - What’s next

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I choose to interpret this that there seems to be conflict in the two sentences.

That is fine.  I had heard from other reports the special relationship would end.  If it is incorrect so be it.   Nothing stops us from discussing what the distribution model should be.   Discussing such items is part of the point of message boards.  You a free to share your thoughts and opinions.  

10 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Tier 3 Rights

Tier 3 rights should not be sold as a single package.  Instead, these rights should be sold locally in sub-packages for regions that make sense.   So Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico State should be sold to Root.    Air Force should be sold to Armed Forces distribution.  If BYU came back, BYU to BYU TV.   SDSU, Fresno and SJSU possibly as a California package or maybe SDSU/UNLV as a SoCal package.   Hawaii is a package.

Money earned should be returned to the schools within the package sold, with an exception.  A school may have no Tier3 games because all their games were sold in Tier1 and Tier2.   If that is the case, the school with no Tier3 games gets an X% cut of the Tier3 returns before the money goes back to the Tier3 schools.

They are not in the  :foottap:

22 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I think he even said he would like for it to be the last time our games are negotiated separately.

Id like to hear his actual words because a lot of dumbasses on this board love to take statements, twist them to fit their narrative, and then state them like they are quoting the Bible.

Here is an article from Prather...  seems if the deal were to continue Boise would say so.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/mike-prater-did-boise-state-blow-up-its-own-tv/article_f9ba2ea9-8f7a-5f1e-af29-8c66c3c9eca4.amp.html

16 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Peeps, it is painfully obvious why BSU's home games won't be negotiated separately on the next media contract...BSU won't be in the MWC by the time the next media contract comes around. Enjoy your CUSA type money on that next deal though.

Unless you think there is going to be some MAJOR upheaval in the Conference landscape this is the Conference we will be in for the foreseeable future. And it is a good spot for us to be.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Unless you think there is going to be some MAJOR upheaval in the Conference landscape this is the Conference we will be in for the foreseeable future. And it is a good spot for us to be.

Yup.  This our home.  Good news is we get to control the thermostat.  #MWCdaddy.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh and the Boise deal goes as long as the Boise president says it does.  It only ends if we say so.

I think people have taken the statement about not being negotiated separately and interpreted that as even split.

I am not an authority and will wait to see, but it’s funny seeing people connect dots that may not be there and using that to make leaps in logic.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I think people have taken the statement about not being negotiated separately and interpreted that as even split.

I am not an authority and will wait to see, but it’s funny seeing people connect dots that may not be there and using that to make leaps in logic.

Especially considering it was a flippant statement made by Thompson.  You would think, after all these years with him as commissioner, they would know better.  But not a single poster here has ever accused @sactowndog of being a thinker.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:53 AM, sactowndog said:

Tier 3 Rights

Tier 3 rights should not be sold as a single package.  Instead, these rights should be sold locally in sub-packages for regions that make sense.   So Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico should be sold to Root.    Air Force should be sold to Armed Forces distribution.  If BYU came back, BYU to BYU TV.   SDSU, Fresno and SJSU possibly as a California package or maybe SDSU/UNLV as a SoCal package.   Hawaii is a package.

Money earned should be returned to the schools within the package sold, with an exception.  A school may have no Tier3 games because all their games were sold in Tier1 and Tier2.   If that is the case, the school with no Tier3 games gets an X% cut of the Tier3 returns before the money goes back to the Tier3 schools.

It would have been so much easier and better just to give the tier 3 rights to the schools to sell. True schools in larger metro areas like San Diego and perhaps Vegas might have done better but so what.

2 hours ago, 1066 said:

It would have been so much easier and better just to give the tier 3 rights to the schools to sell. True schools in larger metro areas like San Diego and perhaps Vegas might have done better but so what.

Generally I agree but Boise does have a point.   The better teams get all their games picked up and as a result have no tier 3 games to sell.  So why should the be penalized for being the better team.   Our TV structure should be aligned so the better teams in basketball and football are rewarded and can pass the reward on to the better coaches via performance incentives.  

To get this conference back to the top G5 conference all our structures should be aligned with rewarding those schools and coaches who excel.  

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh and the Boise deal goes as long as the Boise president says it does.  It only ends if we say so.

I don’t believe that. I’m aware of the term sheet agreement, but if the rest of the league wants it to go away, it’ll go away; one way or another.