Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV147

Bold predictions for the decade

So we're 11 days into a new decade, and I was curious if you had any bold predictions of what 2020-2029 will bring in the areas of science, politics, sports, etc.

I have the following bold predictions:

Technology: Robotics will take off in an even larger way and Amazon will catch flak after plans are leaked to replace humans in its warehouses. Self-driving cars will make their large-scale debut, and after a few accidents things settle down and the cars are accepted by the public.Holographic screens will begin to replace televisions, and some homes dedicate entire walls to the screen. Lab-grown body parts become a regular donor source.

Politics: Trump wins a second term, but is forced to resign from an incident unrelated to the impeachment. Pence doesn't run for reelection. Hillary Clinton runs for president in 2024, but doesn't make it out of the primaries.

MWC Sports: Colorado State and UNLV play for a MWC football championship. Boise State wins a game in the first round of the expanded CFB playoff. MW gets four teams into the NCAA MBB tournament. Hawaii doesn't go independent, but Air Force does and rebuffs awkward advances from the AAC.

Climate: A major hurricane (Category 3) makes landfall north of the Carolinas. New York City and Miami unveil plans for sea walls and ask congress for funding.

Science: A mathematical theory definitively unifies the natural forces. Bacterial life is discovered and disputed on Mars and Europa.

11 minutes ago, CV147 said:

So we're 11 days into a new decade, and I was curious if you had any bold predictions of what 2020-2029 will bring in the areas of science, politics, sports, etc.

I have the following bold predictions:

Technology: Robotics will take off in an even larger way and Amazon will catch flak after plans are leaked to replace humans in its warehouses. Self-driving cars will make their large-scale debut, and after a few accidents things settle down and the cars are accepted by the public.Holographic screens will begin to replace televisions, and some homes dedicate entire walls to the screen. Lab-grown body parts become a regular donor source.

Politics: Trump wins a second term, but is forced to resign from an incident unrelated to the impeachment. Pence doesn't run for reelection. Hillary Clinton runs for president in 2024, but doesn't make it out of the primaries.

MWC Sports: Colorado State and UNLV play for a MWC football championship. Boise State wins a game in the first round of the expanded CFB playoff. MW gets four teams into the NCAA MBB tournament. Hawaii doesn't go independent, but Air Force does and rebuffs awkward advances from the AAC.

Climate: A major hurricane (Category 3) makes landfall north of the Carolinas. New York City and Miami unveil plans for sea walls and ask congress for funding.

Science: A mathematical theory definitively unifies the natural forces. Bacterial life is discovered and disputed on Mars and Europa.

Technology: Sex robots for guys like @ph90702.

Politics: @Nevada Convert and @sactowndog join forces to form the new Authorization Party.

MWC Sports: Boise State pulls another banana in the tailpipe trick and gets an even better Term Sheet Deal. And Fresno pulls off a major upset by beating SJSU under the warm glow of LEDs.

Climate: BSUTOP25 buys land in either Greenland or Alaska just before the 11 year catastrophe deadline.

Science: @AndroidAggie’s dikpik app wins a Nobel. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Technology: Sex robots for guys like @ph90702.

Politics: @Nevada Convert and @sactowndog join forces to form the new Authorization Party.

MWC Sports: Boise State pulls another banana in the tailpipe trick and gets an even better Term Sheet Deal. And Fresno pulls off a major upset by beating SJSU under the warm glow of LEDs.

Climate: BSUTOP25 buys land in either Greenland or Alaska just before the 11 year catastrophe deadline.

Science: @AndroidAggie’s dikpik app wins a Nobel. 

I’m gonna record the next time I have sex and send it to you.

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m gonna record the next time I have sex and send it to you.

A 6 second video clip of you with a bottle of Jergins? Yeah, that’s okay. 

41 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

No.  With a human woman.  I will teach you a thing or two.

That’s okay Ph. I don’t requre a knife, gag, and wire ties to have sex with a woman.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It will be completely consentual.

Can you be any less secure about how forum posters perceive you? Stop trying to hijack a fun thread with yet another promise to send a sex vid, as if anybody here actually cares whether you’re having consensual sex with anything living, dead or never alive.    

3 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Can you be any less secure about how forum posters perceive you? Stop trying to hijack a fun thread with yet another promise to send a sex vid, as if anybody here actually cares whether you’re having consensual sex with anything living, dead or never alive.    

Don’t call me out then and make fun of me.  Problem solved.  How dare you attack me for defending myself!!!

12 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Don’t call me out then and make fun of me.  Problem solved.  How dare you attack me for defending myself!!!

We all rip on each other bro.  

Just ask @renoskier and how we rip on him for wearing dress shorts to court.

Nanotechnology:  There will be huge breakthroughs in nanotechnology which will lead to the curing of some of the worst diseases like cancer.  Life expectancies will increase. 

Politics:  The two party system falls apart by 2025 with 4 major political parties emerging; libertarians, traditional republicans, traditional democrats, progressives. 

Science:  Evidence of life on a planet outside of our solar system will be detected.  This will be by examining the atmospheres of distant worlds and measuring their oxygen content (oxygen constantly has to be replenished in an atmosphere by living organisms otherwise it can’t exist in large quantities for a long time).  A man or woman will set foot on mars.  We will establish a permanent base on the moon and asteroid mining will begin as an industry.

Sports: Soccer rises in popularity.  Football declines in popularity and will begin to become more of a regional sport concentrated in the mid west and south east. 

Geopolitcal: China will suffer an economic collapse that will lead to a political revolution and possibly the formation of 3 countries out of the current 1.  Russia will continue their military modernization and become more aggressive.  May even attempt to annex/reannex the balkans sparking the largest conventional war since WWII. Russia will consider using tactical nukes if NATO forces push into Russian territory.  NATO forces expel the Russians from the Balkans but don’t follow retreating Russians into Russia ending the war. 

Energy:  The green energy push will continue but will shift from solar panels and wind to nuclear, hydro and geothermal power.  The shift in energy will cripple middle eastern economies. 

Climate:  Carbon removal technology/methods will be invented the neutralize/slow down climate change but it will be done slowly so the world doesn’t suffer from a “climate shock” by removing substantial greenhouse gasses from the atmosphere over such a short period of time.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, Bob said:

MWC sports: CSU wins no championships in mbball or football. AFA  goes indy with no replacement forcing MWC to drop Hawaii football to keep balanced divisions. Boise will continue to get a preferential deal next go around despite what Hair said. 

Climate: Sea levels will continue to rise at a linear rate as they have for the past few thousands of years. Polar ice caps will not melt as predicted. Natural disasters will not intensify or occur at an increased rate. Climate modelers will continue to lie and deceive the public about temperatures and the temperature record. People will notice that nothing is changing and will realize they've been fed a bunch of bullshit. 

Cars: 15-20% will be electric. 

Politics: Trump wins again. Haley wins two after that and the Democrat party goes full blown communist. 

Bonus: Birthrate in America will drop below 1.4 and will be among the lowest on earth

I think Trump Jr finally makes America green. The Trump dynasty energy independent and green. We will have more electric and autonomous cars.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We all rip on each other bro.  

Just ask @renoskier and how we rip on him for wearing dress shorts to court.

Trump attempts to run for a 3rd term but is denied. @Nevada Convert is devastated.

Advancements in a secluded cryogenic lab pave the way for a surprise return by a former world leader. @Nevada Convert is elated.

279BE41000000578-3040579-image-a-30_1429130715608.jpg

On 1/11/2020 at 6:51 AM, CV147 said:

Technology: The wealth of DNA testing leads to a massive jump in the understanding of genetic diseases. AI advances leads to many routine tasks being automated - booking appointments, etc. Every device you buy has wifi and an awesome suite of options to make your life easier. Unfortunately, every device has an awesome suite of options to make your life easier so you spend far too much time setting up apps.

Politics: Trump wins a second term, Republicans get corncobbed in 2024 by a politician not in the current field. Marijuana legalization continues and some criminal justice reform as well, but elsewhere civil liberties are curtailed to broad acclaim. Disinterest in local races begins to reverse.

MWC Sports: Nobody gets to a NY6 game. UNM seriously considers dropping to FCS due to demographics out of the university's control. The TV bubble pops.

Climate: Florida starts to look a little squishy. We start to see issues with storm and sanitary sewer drainage during routine storm events in low lying areas. 

Science: Incremental advancement. We aren't spending much on basic research to really push the boundaries further.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, Bob said:

MWC sports: CSU wins no championships in mbball or football. AFA  goes indy with no replacement forcing MWC to drop Hawaii football to keep balanced divisions. Boise will continue to get a preferential deal next go around despite what Hair said. 

Makes more sense to drop Sparty. B-ball coaches prefer fewer conf games anyway.

Climate: Sea levels will continue to rise at a linear rate as they have for the past few thousands of years. Polar ice caps will not melt as predicted. Natural disasters will not intensify or occur at an increased rate. Climate modelers will continue to lie and deceive the public about temperatures and the temperature record. People will notice that nothing is changing and will realize they've been fed a bunch of bullshit. 

:rolleyes:

On 1/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, Bob said:

Bonus: Birthrate in America will drop below 1.4 and will be among the lowest on earth.

Not if the Mormons have anything to say about it.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor