Jump to content
modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

Recommended Posts

Just now, Akkula said:

Nobody will go down.   The cult won't allow it.   The only way they will get punished is at the ballot box. 

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

I hear saw a report that says he has a very low approval rating in Kentucky and he needs Trump's cottails to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Akkula said:

I hear saw a report that says he has a very low approval rating in Kentucky and he needs Trump's cottails to win. 

I think McConnell is as vulnerable as Harry Reid was in 2012 or whenever Sharon Angle ran against him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mugtang said:

I think McConnell is as vulnerable as Harry Reid was in 2012 or whenever Sharon Angle ran against him.   

Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who has faced criticism for his handling of President Trump's impeachment, is the most unpopular senator among voters in his state, with a 50% disapproval rating and 37% approval rating, according to approval ratings from Morning Consult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/will-mitch-mcconnell-get-re-elected-senate-kentucky-republican-poll-numbers-are-2894104%3famp=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who has faced criticism for his handling of President Trump's impeachment, is the most unpopular senator among voters in his state, with a 50% disapproval rating and 37% approval rating, according to approval ratings from Morning Consult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/will-mitch-mcconnell-get-re-elected-senate-kentucky-republican-poll-numbers-are-2894104%3famp=1

I don’t think it’ll matter.  McConnell will win re-election regardless of what happens with Trump.  Kentucky may have  elected a Dem Governor but remember Montana has a Democratic Gov too and California had a Republican Gov just over a decade ago.  As Pelosi said with her district in SF, a glass of water could run as the GOP candidate for Senate in KY and win.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumpsters are conspicuously absent from this thread.. I’m curious to whether any of them truly think he’s innocent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Trumpsters are conspicuously absent from this thread.. I’m curious to whether any of them truly think he’s innocent.

Patiently waiting for Convert to say how this is just another guy making shit up to trash the President. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m sure the talking point is going to be “this is just a criminal looking to shift the blame for something he did and will say anything to get out of trouble”.  Just like everybody who’s testified or spoken out against Trump. 

It's almost like Trump surrounds himself with such low grade characters for the plausible deniability. Or maybe it's just the best he can do and this is a beneficial side effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Patiently waiting for Convert to say how this is just another guy making shit up to trash the President. 

Good morning!  Still no Trumpist defenders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRANSLATION: Trump and Collins were REALLY hoping senators didn't have to vote for a coverup until after the 2020 election.  Collins could have taken a meaningless vote knowing he would be acquited anyway by the Senate and not have to face voters.   She is a fake moderate Trumpist.  You can't sit on the fence any longer! Time to RETIRE!

Well played Nancy.  Republicans need to determine if they are going to rip off the bandaid or let information continue to drip out.  #releasethewitnesses 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mugtang said:

If what he says is true it’s not good.  I don’t think both Trump and Pence will go down for it though.  You may get one of them but I doubt the senate would convict both of them. 

“Ain’t nothing gonna happen!” ~SNL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like all the conjobs are hiding.  That is also how Mitch Mcconnel wants to have the senators be able to hide from tough questions during the trial.  Susan Collins wants to be able to slink in an out of that trial under a rock like a centipede to do her dirty work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh oh, the GAO just ruled in and said that the Trump administration broke the law when they withheld aid from Ukraine.

Quote

Today, GAO issued a legal decision concluding that the Office of Management and Budget violated the law when it withheld approximately $214 million appropriated to DOD for security assistance to Ukraine.  The President has narrow, limited authority to withhold appropriations under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.  OMB told GAO that it withheld the funds to ensure that they were not spent “in a manner that could conflict with the President’s foreign policy.”  The law does not permit OMB to withhold funds for policy reasons.

https://www.gao.gov/products/B-331564

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have a broken law to satisfy those fake goal posts.

Does Parnas satisfy the "no first hand account" goal post enough for those wringing their hands about that or did he also misinterpret what Rudy wanted and Rudy misinterpreted what Trump wanted. Are we going to continue to be this obtuse?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mugtang said:

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

Rick Wilson has taken to calling him President McConnell, which he effectively is. If he decided that Trump should be removed from office, it would happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So we have a broken law to satisfy those fake goal posts.

Does Parnas satisfy the "no first hand account" goal post enough for those wringing their hands about that or did he also misinterpret what Rudy wanted and Rudy misinterpreted what Trump wanted. Are we going to continue to be this obtuse?

 

The Cons have already proven there is no behavior for which they would abandon Trump.  They have completely substituted teams for any sense of a moral compass. They are no better or worse than other people who have supported Facist governments in the past and history will judge them as such.   
 

If you have any doubt here is a comment on Fox News from a con....

“If the choice is between Trump and any liberal The United States of America will always chose Trump. No matter how many women he sleeps with no matter how many pencil necks he offends, no matter how many he shoots on 5th Ave. Liberal are UnAmerican Traitors. I can’t wait until we are allowed to hunt them.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible Pelosi knew what was going to drop and played her hand to the fullest?

I mean, the timing. What a co-eenk-a-deenk. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/ukraine-investigation-marie-yovanovitch-surveillance/index.html

Getting kinda Watergate-ie in here. Trump goons spying on a state department official. 

 

We finally got Ukraine to investigate something. Interesting that Ukraine is investigating actions against our ambassador before our own state department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×