Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/donald-trump-ukraine-aid-emails/amp

Trump is guilty as sin. But his supporters have made it clear they’ll accept any amount of corruption.

Yes. And the main reason people on the right detest Schiff is that he's been completely unintimidated by the Republican onslaught in defending a president who is not only guilty as sin but a despicable POS. If the Democrats on Capital Hill would have united behind Schiff like the Republicans have united behind Moscow MItch, they would have brought down this presidency even if Mr. Grumpy was to get reelected.

Of course, I agree with CV147 that Trump is such a narcissist that if he is reelected, he will become assured of his invincibility and will get himself into hot water again and maybe the next time the 20% of the electorate who are independents will demand that he step down and Moscow Mitch will finally stop being his dog.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Now comes Mitch McConnell's all out effort to protect trump 

Will McConnell risk calling witnesses, or just rush a quick vote of acquittal so trump can claim he's vindicated as he did after Barr rushed to his rescue on the Mueller Report 

Honestly don't think McConnell or trump wants any witness testimony - Now trump will shift to his usual pattern of getting an out of court settlement which McConnell will try to push quickly 

Of course. Nancy Pelosi knows that removal is near impossible. I think this is a political move. I think Democrats  are making a play to take the Senate and keep Trump’s judicial appointments in check in his 2nd term. 

The impeachment if anything will help Trump similar to Clinton. She is fully aware of this. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, pokerider said:

Is this Impeachment still a thing??? 

Dems completely controlled the House proceedings so they don't have a single leg to stand on bitching about how the Republicans run the Senate proceedings.  
The whole impeachment is simply for the Dems to give themselves some perceived ammunition in the 2020 elections for several senators.  So far I don't think one can say its working to their advantage. 

I agree this what it is all about.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Yes. And the main reason people on the right detest Schiff is that he's been completely unintimidated by the Republican onslaught in defending a president who is not only guilty as sin but a despicable POS. If the Democrats on Capital Hill would have united behind Schiff like the Republicans have united behind Moscow MItch, they would have brought down this presidency even if Mr. Grumpy was to get reelected.

Of course, I agree with CV147 that Trump is such a narcissist that if he is reelected, he will become assured of his invincibility and will get himself into hot water again and maybe the next time the 20% of the electorate who are independents will demand that he step down and Moscow Mitch will finally stop being his dog.

Moscow Mitch is more detestable than Trump.. And that’s saying something. Both these guys will be on the wrong side of history.

So what is the price they were looking for?  An assassination? Disappearance?  What?!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Impeachment Managers

• Adam Schiff 
  • Jerry Nadler 
  • Zoe Lofgren 
  • Hakeem Jeffries
  • Val Demings
  • Jason Crow
  • Sylvia Garcia

Once again, the Democrats with another unforced error by not naming Amash... unless they offered and he turned it down.

Pelosi said that the emphasis on the selections was on people with litigation experience. 

Democrats purposely waited for Weds. which day Trump signing the China Trade deal.  Just shows how the Dems are using the Impeachment process simply as a political tool because they have no other options.  They cannot win on policy so they simply have to try and reduce Trump on everything.  Dems are 100% putting their own political interests ahead of any US National interests.  All the Republicans should be doing is hammering this message and showing what the Dems are actually doing.  

29 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Impeachment Managers

• Adam Schiff 
  • Jerry Nadler 
  • Zoe Lofgren 
  • Hakeem Jeffries
  • Val Demings
  • Jason Crow
  • Sylvia Garcia

Once again, the Democrats with another unforced error by not naming Amash... unless they offered and he turned it down.

Pelosi said that the emphasis on the selections was on people with litigation experience. 

Having Schiff, who claimed evidence of Russian collusion for 2 years, shows this is all a joke and about politics and not anything the president did wrong.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Having Schiff, who claimed evidence of Russian collusion for 2 years, shows this is all a joke and about politics and not anything the president did wrong.  

On the bright side maybe Rudy will be heading up the President’s managers.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Why not both? The president did wrong things.

Just now, toonkee said:

Why not both? The president did wrong things.

I’ve said before that messenger is just as important as the message.  Having Schiff be the messenger discounts whatever message you’re trying to send. 

So the president's associates were surveilling yovanovitch and apparently discussed hiring a hitman. 

No biggie.  We'll just keep giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I’ve said before that messenger is just as important as the message.  Having Schiff be the messenger discounts whatever message you’re trying to send. 

What's the difference anymore?  Mitch says he's coordinating with the defendant's wishes.