Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) ripped senators who voted against approving further witness testimony in the Senate's impeachment trial against President Trump, saying the lawmakers were part of a "cover-up." 

"The Senate Republicans' vote against calling witnesses and compelling documents in the impeachment proceedings makes them accomplices to the President's cover-up," she said in a statement."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/480986-pelosi-calls-senators-who-voted-against-trial-witnesses-accomplices-to-the%3famp

Couldn't have said it better myself madam speaker.

Posted Image

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Funny how Dems rally around Romney now. When he ran for president he was evil personified. 

Yes, these fools literally ran a commercial claiming Romney killed people. The Democrats are so bad for our country! 

40 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I fully expect Pelosi to reopen an impeachment inquiry and send subpoenas for Bolton next week to testify.   The obstruction probe should also include the tax returns and McGahn testimony.   They kept saying the house rushed and didn't get the witnesses so I guess it is back to the drawing board so the Senate can have a real trial instead of a sham with witnesses and documents provided by the house and courts, as requested.    They now have solid legal precedent to demonstrate to the courts that impeachment will not pry the cover up loose. 

Like I said, when one phony scandal fails to produce the results the idiots want, just make up a new phony scandal. MSNBC & CNN will sell it the best they can and fools like @Akkula will lap it up only to be disappointed again. It’s really sad vicious circle to watch. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Funny how Dems rally around Romney now. When he ran for president he was evil personified. 

Was he rallying around Mitt?

I'll answer for you.

Not really.  He was making commentary regarding how the cultists deal with dissenters. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I know how to avoid this in the future.   

Stop all foreign aid to countries.  

Problem solved 

Or...wait for it...we could hold Presidents accountable for using government money and resources to leverage foreign investigations into US persons, who are not under investigation by the US, and for the purpose of smearing a political opponent? 

Man that just doesn't feel American to me. 

So unexceptional.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Or...wait for it...we could hold Presidents accountable for using government money and resources to leverage foreign investigations into US persons, who are not under investigation by the US, and for the purpose of smearing a political opponent? 

So unexceptional.

That's why I said we should censure Trump.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So unexceptional.

Cry me a river. Biden and son should be investigated. 

10 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Cry me a river. Biden and son should be investigated. 

They should be. It’s sketchy as hell that hunter was added to the board of a Ukrainian gas company.  But it should’ve been done through the DOJ and/or a special prosecutor. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Except I’m not a Democrat and never have been.   Mentally I’m independent, technically I’m registered Republican.   

you may find those most opposed to Trump are former Republicans who are appalled such a sleaze ball authoritarian took over what was once a principled party.   

55 minutes ago, mugtang said:

They should be. It’s sketchy as hell that hunter was added to the board of a Ukrainian gas company.  But it should’ve been done through the DOJ and/or a special prosecutor. 

Right the problem is the DOJ looked at it and found nothing.  The interesting thing according to some experts on NPR is the guy who Joe Biden got removed was actually preventing investigations into Burisma.   Which was probably why the Republicans didn’t really want the true story told.   

https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2020/jan/29/rick-scott/sen-rick-scotts-iowa-ad-misleads-about-joe-biden-a/

sorry Mug.  The Party you and I grew up in is now a cesspool.  You should know by now nothing Trump says can be believed. 

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Right the problem is the DOJ looked at it and found nothing.  The interesting thing according to some experts on NPR is the guy who Joe Biden got removed was actually preventing investigations into Burisma.   Which was probably why the Republicans didn’t really want the true story told.   

https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2020/jan/29/rick-scott/sen-rick-scotts-iowa-ad-misleads-about-joe-biden-a/

sorry Mug.  The Party you and I grew up in is now a cesspool.  You should know by now nothing Trump says can be believed. 

Dude you got the TDS way bad. I feel sorry for your family. 

4 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Like I said, when one phony scandal fails to produce the results the idiots want, just make up a new phony scandal. MSNBC & CNN will sell it the best they can and fools like @Akkula will lap it up only to be disappointed again. It’s really sad vicious circle to watch. 

JFC

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

When have we prosecuted anyone for being a "hanger on" to rich or famous father?  The hypocrisy is that the Trumps (starting with Donald) would be in jail if just the appearance of nepotism was illegal. Cadet bone spurs with all his special tax abatements and purchased ivy league education and other daddy provided perks would have been in jail long ago.  The only people less qualified to be profiting off daddy than Hunter are Trump's worthless kids who are getting so much more per month in salary, travel,  security,  and other taxpayer perks than Hunter ever got.  Pot meet kettle.  There is a reason the corrupted Barr DOJ wouldn't even touch this sham investigation Trump wanted.

Posted Image

This impeachment accomplished the Democratic goals to show voters and history that 100% of GOP senators are part of the trumpist cult. Very soon that will be an anchor around their necks and history won't look kindly.  We all know that GOP voters will turn on the Trumpists sooner or later,  it is just a matter of when.   Kinda like everyone in Trump's cabinet will be thrown under the bus by him.   

Posted Image

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

As for witnesses, isn’t it the House’s job to put together all of the evidence as reasoning why a president should be removed from office?  This isn’t a traditional trial and thinking about it, comparing the house impeachment process to a grand jury indictment is incorrect.  The House should’ve waited to get witnesses, dot all their T’s and cross their I’s.  Instead they rushed through it and wanted the senate to do their job.

Except the admins lawyers are arguing in court that they don't have to respond to subpoenas from the house because there is another avenue where those can be addressed..... An impeachment trial. While simultaneously saying in the trial that they don't need to subpoena anyone in the trial because the house should have taken care of it first. 

It's bullshit all the way down. 

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

It's no use. I've argued these arguments over and over. When I post articles about the facts of the Biden Ukraine situation it gets ignored then some pages later they are back to saying how Biden is corrupt and what he did was wrong. 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, tspoke said:

Pam Bondi, the former Florida ag who squashed an investigation into Trump University after he donated to her re-election campaign, Pam bondi? I mean I guess she knows a thing or two about corruption. 

But in regards to her arguments. They are the same arguments that have been argued for a while. Here's some things she left out. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/politics/fact-check-joe-biden-burisma-pam-bondi/index.html

Hunter must have been very connected because he had not only his dad trying to get shokin fired but he had other countries plus he had Trump loving congressmen rob Portman and Ron Johnson send a letter saying the same thing. 

It is pretty clear that hunter got his job based on who he is but that's as far as the shadiness goes. And if we want to start looking at kids of politicians who got jobs they didn't deserve due to their names it would be a long list. Starting in the white house. 

@BobI noticed you never responded to these facts about the Biden case. You asked me to watch the video but did you take a look at this article?