Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

The Democratic party has failed to produce a solid Presidential nominee.  I think many of us Democrats would vote for a moderate Republican.  Remove Trump from office and present us with a few legitimate GOP nominees and you could easily take this election.

It's almost like Nancy knew about things in the pipeline and acted accordingly?  

Or maybe this thing and the stuff that came out on the around the start of the trial were just lucky timing.

image.jpeg.a979a2f7be90d8317d6a204bd13925ab.jpeg

WTF is mister professor Star talking about?  Is he going to talk about the allegations against Trump or recite British history and unrelated court cases?

"Is the president King?  No...because you can excercise oversight!!"  Did he miss the actual articles of impeachment with the obstruction? 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

The Democratic party has failed to produce a solid Presidential nominee.  I think many of us Democrats would vote for a moderate Republican.  Remove Trump from office and present us with a few legitimate GOP nominees and you could easily take this election.

What does a moderate Republican look like? 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Bernie and Trump are both populists that appeal to those looking to upend the establishment and status quo. Sure it's easy to look at differences in policies,  but maybe historians will look back and view these guys as two sides of the same coin. We all need to pay more attention to this "coin" and figure out what it means for us all.

I agree with that.  But we can accomplish the goals of making things better for the American workers without either of their 20th century authoritarian models.   

first off we need to recognize businesses create jobs but need incentives to keep those jobs in the US or they will move them to where incentives exist.  

The answer:

1) no business income tax.  Businesses aren’t people they a job creating engines.

2) a capital export tax on cash flow generated on operations and investments minus cash flow spent on operations and investments.  

3) a model for drugs and medical equipment where if you want patent protection you can’t charge more in the US then what you charge in a basket of defined countries starting with Germany and China.   It’s not the job of this counties citizens to subsidize medical R&D for the rest of the world.  

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

image.jpeg.d002954758cd3e6fefa4557ace88b332.jpeg

They Republicans are in the process of purging their party of those who are sufficiently supplicants to Trump.  Remember she won as a write in candidate because she lost the primary.... we shall see what happens next time.

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

They Republicans are in the process of purging their party of those who are sufficiently supplicants to Trump.  Remember she won as a write in candidate because she lost the primary.... we shall see what happens next time.

Umm that’s Democratic candidate for President Amy Klobuchar. I’m positive he was joking.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I agree with that.  But we can accomplish the goals of making things better for the American workers without either of their 20th century authoritarian models.   

first off we need to recognize businesses create jobs but need incentives to keep those jobs in the US or they will move them to where incentives exist.  

The answer:

1) no business income tax.  Businesses aren’t people they a job creating engines.

2) a capital export tax on cash flow generated on operations and investments minus cash flow spent on operations and investments.  

3) a model for drugs and medical equipment where if you want patent protection you can’t charge more in the US then what you charge in a basket of defined countries starting with Germany and China.   It’s not the job of this counties citizens to subsidize medical R&D for the rest of the world.  

I don't know. Not really looking to argue specific policies. In fact that was the opposite of what I was hoping to get across.  Was making a really big picture observation about the political climate. 

Bernie and Trump appeal to those that want to fight the establishment, be it corporate America or deep state agents or liberal elites. So why are we, as a nation, buying what these guys are selling?

25 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Umm that’s Democratic candidate for President Amy Klobuchar. I’m positive he was joking.

I think maybe the point of the comment was that Klobuchar is more like a traditional Republican than what the Republicans like to spew about Democrats.  

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

image.jpeg.d002954758cd3e6fefa4557ace88b332.jpeg

I mean, you're not all that wrong. My political beliefs aren't all that dissimilar from Klobuchar's, and I did used to be a Republican for a little while. 

Unfortunately, these days a "moderate" Republican ends up being someone like Jeff Flake, who was run out of the party for daring to question the almighty Donald. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Romney is a jealous, petty piece of shit.  

Goddamn dude, how does it feel to be part of the cult of Trump? I'm being serious here. I can't bring myself to try and understand the type of loyalty that y'all show to him. So please, let us know just how you became so infatuated with him to the point where all reason and common sense went out the window. 

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

He thinks that by doing this....He wil curry favor with dems.    If Mitt runs for prez again the dems will destroy him in a heartbeat, again.

Maybe he still just thinks Trump is a corrupt piece of shit.  Just like all the other people who said the same thing on TV but are now full cult members. Lindsey and Little Marco...who else?

Posted Image

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Goddamn dude, how does it feel to be part of the cult of Trump? I'm being serious here. I can't bring myself to try and understand the type of loyalty that y'all show to him. So please, let us know just how you became so infatuated with him to the point where all reason and common sense went out the window. 

tenor.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg