Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

I took away a different but similar lesson from the OJ trial which is the same as Gump saying he could get away with shooting someone and get away with it, if you have enough money and power you CAN get away with murder. 

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

You should let your ancestors read how you truly think about this whole situation in about 25 years. 

Ok thanks 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

33 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You should let your ancestors read how you truly think about this whole situation in about 25 years. 

Just a tad bitter are you? Why did you move to Costa Rica? North Korea would have been more your style. Muuuuthaaa fuuuuukkaaaa. 

5 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I bet you spewed your coffee everywhere when Trump said the reason he was trying to get bribes from Ukraine was because he was interested in fighting corruption.  It is good that we still have people in the congress to hold this scumbag accountable even though a lot of you are willing to look the other way.  I imagine these people would be considered "true patriots" if they were going after Obama for EXACTLY the same thing.

tenor.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Ancestors in 25 years? I think with any luck we still call those people our children.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ancestors in 25 years? I think with any luck we still call those people our children.

Whatever you call them.  Call them embarrased...unless they reinvent history like the southern traitors did, I guess.

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Whatever you call them.  Call them embarrased...unless they reinvent history like the southern traitors did, I guess.

What I find comical is you think I’m supporting Trump by calling out hypocrisy.  In your eyes the Dems are saints and the Republicans are treasonous. So if I say anything less than Trump is a traitor and needs removed then I’m endorsing Trump in your eyes.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Akkula said:

All those not in in step in every way with the revolution are akin to confederate slaveholders I guess. :hahaha:

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

Only the Republicans are partisan.  If George Washington and the founding fathers were the jurors they would have done exactly what the Democrats did.  

Ummmm....right.  The House process was completely non-partisan.  Please.  Playing politics is why this impeachment will fail, regardless of what he actually did.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What I find comical is you think I’m supporting Trump by calling out hypocrisy.  In your eyes the Dems are saints and the Republicans are treasonous. So if I say anything less than Trump is a traitor and needs removed then I’m endorsing Trump in your eyes.   

This is a two party system.  The Republicans are lock-step with the facist takeover and they vote accordingly.  What other party would you suspect those who believe in the constitution should join?  When one party believes in a cult of personality and the other party challenges the cult of personality, I suppose you can simplify things and call them "partisian" if that meets your agenda...

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

This is a two party system.  The Republicans are lock-step with the facist takeover and they vote accordingly.  What other party would you suspect those who believe in the constitution should join?  When one party believes in a cult of personality and the other party challenges the cult of personality, I suppose you can simplify things and call them "partisian" if that meets your agenda...

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. 

Nancy didn't do anything unconstitutional, neither is Mitch. Nobody is subverting elections and nobody is subverting impeachment. These are the rules.

I don't want to hear jack shizit from any of you about the process being unfair to either side, especially if you have a side.  There is no fair, this isn't a real trial. This is politics. If there's political will to oust Trump then there is.  If there ain't there ain't. There may be consequences at the polls.  Maybe there won't be. Vote accordingly.

There's hypocrisy on both sides. The cons are high fiving that they get to screw the dems now and the dems feel screwed because turnabout is fair play.  

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Nancy didn't do anything unconstitutional, neither is Mitch. Nobody is subverting elections and nobody is subverting impeachment. These are the rules.

I don't want to hear jack shizit from any of you about the process being unfair to either side, especially if you have a side.  There is no fair, this isn't a real trial. This is politics. If there's political will to oust Trump then there is.  If there ain't there ain't. There may be consequences at the polls.  Maybe there won't be. Vote accordingly.

the office thank you GIF

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

There's hypocrisy on both sides. The cons are high fiving that they get to screw the dems now and the dems feel screwed because turnabout is fair play.  

Okay, but is this what the founders intended?  Did they make a mistake or is this an archaic provision like emoluments and parts of the 2nd amendment?  Did the founders intend this to be a political shitshow or did they expect someone who took bribes and interfered in an election to be removed from office?  Since we have never seen any president removed from office in 300 years maybe this part of the consitution is just windowdressing or wasn't thought through?

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

Voters need to understand that people like Cory Gardner and Susan Collins who like to pretend that they are these "moderates" are really the worst senators of them all.  At the end of the day...when it matters...they vote for McConnell as he steals supreme court justices and covers up for presidential bribery.  Collins is the person responsible for this kabal....the enablers...the collaborators...just because they do it with a smile on their face and try to sound a certain way they always come through for Trump.  They are dangerous because they masquerade as "moderates" for voters and they never have to take tough votes.  It is time to go on record.

6 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Okay, but is this what the founders intended?  Did they make a mistake or is this an archaic provision like emoluments and parts of the 2nd amendment?  Did the founders intend this to be a political shitshow or did they expect someone who took bribes and interfered in an election to be removed from office?  Since we have never seen any president removed from office in 300 years maybe this part of the consitution is just windowdressing or wasn't thought through?

Same day. :rotflmfao:

9 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Looks to me that whatever the offense is, it must be so grave that people put country before party or no president is getting removed.  I'm not sure if the impeachment process reveals any failings in the FF, but maybe just the failings of the electorate at any given point in time.