Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

Rick Wilson has taken to calling him President McConnell, which he effectively is. If he decided that Trump should be removed from office, it would happen. 

21 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So we have a broken law to satisfy those fake goal posts.

Does Parnas satisfy the "no first hand account" goal post enough for those wringing their hands about that or did he also misinterpret what Rudy wanted and Rudy misinterpreted what Trump wanted. Are we going to continue to be this obtuse?

The Cons have already proven there is no behavior for which they would abandon Trump.  They have completely substituted teams for any sense of a moral compass. They are no better or worse than other people who have supported Facist governments in the past and history will judge them as such.   

If you have any doubt here is a comment on Fox News from a con....

“If the choice is between Trump and any liberal The United States of America will always chose Trump. No matter how many women he sleeps with no matter how many pencil necks he offends, no matter how many he shoots on 5th Ave. Liberal are UnAmerican Traitors. I can’t wait until we are allowed to hunt them.”

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/ukraine-investigation-marie-yovanovitch-surveillance/index.html

Getting kinda Watergate-ie in here. Trump goons spying on a state department official. 

We finally got Ukraine to investigate something. Interesting that Ukraine is investigating actions against our ambassador before our own state department. 

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

We finally got Ukraine to investigate something. Interesting that Ukraine is investigating actions against our ambassador before our own state department. 

I don’t know why they didn’t just fire her. An ambassador serves at the pleasure of the President and can be removed from their post at the President’s discretion. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t know why they didn’t just fire her. An ambassador serves at the pleasure of the President and can be removed from their post at the President’s discretion. 

Yeah, and it looks like that's what they(Parnas, Hyde, shokin) were wondering too which led them to "discuss" other options and surveil her.

Shokin really didn't like her and wanted her removed(it appears her push to crackdown on corruption bothered him). Shokin was allied with zelenskis opponent and if he had won I think the ambassador would ha e been fired and we would have gotten the investigation into Biden Trump wanted. But instead Zelenski won and they had to come up with another plan and here we are. 

At least that is my amateur read of the situation after looking at the documents. 

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Yeah, and it looks like that's what they(Parnas, Hyde, shokin) were wondering too which led them to "discuss" other options and surveil her.

Shokin really didn't like her and wanted her removed(it appears her push to crackdown on corruption bothered him). Shokin was allied with zelenskis opponent and if he had won I think the ambassador would ha e been fired and we would have gotten the investigation into Biden Trump wanted. But instead Zelenski won and they had to come up with another plan and here we are. 

At least that is my amateur read of the situation after looking at the documents. 

Listening to the interview it sounds like Parnas dismissed Hyde as being crazy. He said he never discussed any of the “other” options with Hyde. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The appearance is that Trump and Barr may have been dangling leniency to extradition to the oligarch Firtash in exchange for dirt on Biden too and the elimination of Yanakovich.  It also appears that Yanakovich getting fired was made contingent on getting dirt from the corrupt former prosecutor of Ukraine.  I guess this guy hated Yanokovich and wanted her removed.  I am guessing people are going to be pulling on those strings a little more.

We may see articles of impeachment against Barr and Pence soon.  Maybe then the house will "finish its job!"   

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Listening to the interview it sounds like Parnas dismissed Hyde as being crazy. He said he never discussed any of the “other” options with Hyde. 

Well as Ukraine has stated that is a violation of international law.  Parnas could be trying to save his own ass.

Funny thing. Nothing on this interview on CNN but Fox ran with it.

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yeah that's why I had discussed in quotes. Not sure what was serious or not but they ha e the what's app conversations. 

As akkula stated I think they were slow playing her dismal to get the dirt from shokin and he was getting anxious to get rid of her. I'm guessing she was making business harder for him and Parnas and their associates but that's just my guess. 

30 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Yeah that's why I had discussed in quotes. Not sure what was serious or not but they ha e the what's app conversations. 

As akkula stated I think they were slow playing her dismal to get the dirt from shokin and he was getting anxious to get rid of her. I'm guessing she was making business harder for him and Parnas and their associates but that's just my guess. 

Sounds like a plan to me. I also love how international baddies communicate on what's app. I get that it's encrypted and all, but the name is so silly.

49 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Sounds like a plan to me. I also love how international baddies communicate on what's app. I get that it's encrypted and all, but the name is so silly.

Telegram would be a far superior alternative... but hey, these people are idiots.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:49 AM, mugtang said:

Having Schiff, who claimed evidence of Russian collusion for 2 years, shows this is all a joke and about politics and not anything the president did wrong.  

No. It shows they want to make their best case that Mr. Grumpy should be impeached.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Trump will be removed from office so this is all about two things. One, persuading the 20% of the electorate who are in the middle to all reject maybe the worst president ever come November. And two, history. This isn't some minor trial which people will forget about several months after the verdict. It's a proceeding which will be studied for hundreds of years and as sactownguy said the other day, the entirety of the evidence which has come out shows that Trump is "guilty as sin." So in order to maximize the chances of all such evidence being brought forward, she needs her power hitters to go to bat and whatever you may think of Schiff as a person, as prosecutors go, he's Barry Bonds.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

It's almost like Trump surrounds himself with such low grade characters for the plausible deniability. Or maybe it's just the best he can do and this is a beneficial side effect.

You give Mr. Grumpy too much credit. He simply wants to surround himself with yes men. (And occasionally a yes woman.)

Boom goes the dynamite.