Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

7 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Looks like Pence was involved in the quid pro quo.   Barr also looks to have traded leniency to an oligarch for dirt on Biden.

If what he says is true it’s not good.  I don’t think both Trump and Pence will go down for it though.  You may get one of them but I doubt the senate would convict both of them. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Nunez also miraculously remembers he knows Parnas and talked to him.   Bunch of liars. 

I read this and was like wtf are you talking about and then I remembered I’m behind because I paused it for like 15 minutes. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If what he says is true it’s not good.  I don’t think both Trump and Pence will go down for it though.  You may get one of them but I doubt the senate would convict both of them. 

Nobody will go down.   The cult won't allow it.   The only way they will get punished is at the ballot box. 

Posted Image

I’m sure the talking point is going to be “this is just a criminal looking to shift the blame for something he did and will say anything to get out of trouble”.  Just like everybody who’s testified or spoken out against Trump. 

Just now, Akkula said:

Nobody will go down.   The cult won't allow it.   The only way they will get punished is at the ballot box. 

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We will see.  I think McConnell likes being senate majority leader more than he likes Trump.  I said in the other impeachment thread that McConnell is the most powerful person in the world right now. 

I hear saw a report that says he has a very low approval rating in Kentucky and he needs Trump's cottails to win. 

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

I hear saw a report that says he has a very low approval rating in Kentucky and he needs Trump's cottails to win. 

I think McConnell is as vulnerable as Harry Reid was in 2012 or whenever Sharon Angle ran against him.   

Just now, mugtang said:

I think McConnell is as vulnerable as Harry Reid was in 2012 or whenever Sharon Angle ran against him.   

Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who has faced criticism for his handling of President Trump's impeachment, is the most unpopular senator among voters in his state, with a 50% disapproval rating and 37% approval rating, according to approval ratings from Morning Consult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/will-mitch-mcconnell-get-re-elected-senate-kentucky-republican-poll-numbers-are-2894104%3famp=1

Posted Image

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who has faced criticism for his handling of President Trump's impeachment, is the most unpopular senator among voters in his state, with a 50% disapproval rating and 37% approval rating, according to approval ratings from Morning Consult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/will-mitch-mcconnell-get-re-elected-senate-kentucky-republican-poll-numbers-are-2894104%3famp=1

I don’t think it’ll matter.  McConnell will win re-election regardless of what happens with Trump.  Kentucky may have  elected a Dem Governor but remember Montana has a Democratic Gov too and California had a Republican Gov just over a decade ago.  As Pelosi said with her district in SF, a glass of water could run as the GOP candidate for Senate in KY and win.  

15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Trumpsters are conspicuously absent from this thread.. I’m curious to whether any of them truly think he’s innocent.

Patiently waiting for Convert to say how this is just another guy making shit up to trash the President. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m sure the talking point is going to be “this is just a criminal looking to shift the blame for something he did and will say anything to get out of trouble”.  Just like everybody who’s testified or spoken out against Trump. 

It's almost like Trump surrounds himself with such low grade characters for the plausible deniability. Or maybe it's just the best he can do and this is a beneficial side effect.

TRANSLATION: Trump and Collins were REALLY hoping senators didn't have to vote for a coverup until after the 2020 election.  Collins could have taken a meaningless vote knowing he would be acquited anyway by the Senate and not have to face voters.   She is a fake moderate Trumpist.  You can't sit on the fence any longer! Time to RETIRE!

Well played Nancy.  Republicans need to determine if they are going to rip off the bandaid or let information continue to drip out.  #releasethewitnesses 🤭

Posted Image

It looks like all the conjobs are hiding.  That is also how Mitch Mcconnel wants to have the senators be able to hide from tough questions during the trial.  Susan Collins wants to be able to slink in an out of that trial under a rock like a centipede to do her dirty work.  

Posted Image

Uh oh, the GAO just ruled in and said that the Trump administration broke the law when they withheld aid from Ukraine.

Today, GAO issued a legal decision concluding that the Office of Management and Budget violated the law when it withheld approximately $214 million appropriated to DOD for security assistance to Ukraine.  The President has narrow, limited authority to withhold appropriations under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.  OMB told GAO that it withheld the funds to ensure that they were not spent “in a manner that could conflict with the President’s foreign policy.”  The law does not permit OMB to withhold funds for policy reasons.

https://www.gao.gov/products/B-331564

So we have a broken law to satisfy those fake goal posts.

Does Parnas satisfy the "no first hand account" goal post enough for those wringing their hands about that or did he also misinterpret what Rudy wanted and Rudy misinterpreted what Trump wanted. Are we going to continue to be this obtuse?