Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Game Thread: Impeachment Trial

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

the fact that the president, with his millions of followers, who also happens to be the subject of the problem, put that out there, could easily amount to a death sentence for the guy. It could also be a deterrent for any other person who might be thinking about coming forward with information.

But hey, it provides another potential article of impeachment.

Pffft.  Get real, that is Clintonoid type conspiracy theory.

110926run_defense710.jpg

38 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Pffft.  Get real, that is Clintonoid type conspiracy theory.

Well, the entire premise of withholding the whistleblower’s identity is to, you know, protect the whistleblower? It is certainly a deterrent for anyone else coming forward, so mission accomplished. 

21 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well, the entire premise of withholding the whistleblower’s identity is to, you know, protect the whistleblower? It is certainly a deterrent for anyone else coming forward, so mission accomplished. 

It’s a protection against reprisals from his superiors within the agency. It’s a Human Resources policy to protect against being fired. Besides the deranged Bernie Bro at the congressional baseball practice, when’s the last political assassination attempt in our history, JFK?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s a protection against reprisals from his superiors within the agency. It’s a Human Resources policy to protect against being fired. Besides the deranged Bernie Bro at the congressional baseball practice, when’s the last political assassination attempt in our history, JFK?

yes, and i'm sure you don't think some of Trump's fans will misinterpret that?  Steve Bartman received death threats for grabbing a foul ball, imagine what Trump's followers will want to do for impeaching the commander in chief. B)

Anyway, like I told Joe, we can agree to disagree. and btw, Ronald Reagan.

54 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Gabby Giffords in 2011.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Loughner was a schizo lunatic. He wasn’t politically motivated.

I guess I misread what you said, I took it as attempted assassination of a political figure. That being said, he was a conspiracy nut, some of which included politics. He had a general hatred for both organized religion and the government if memory serves. 

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't see the big issue. Ciaramella's name is the worst kept secret in the cesspool that is DC.

I never heard it before. Could that be because I don't frequent rightwing websites?

I'm totally with 4UNLV on this. To put it a bit differently than she did, although no president has ever been perfect nor will one ever be, no president - not even Tricky Dick Nixon - has ever been the POS that Donald Trump is and the fact Mr. Grumpy would tweet the whistleblower's name is the 5,000th or so example of that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

45 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Loughner was a schizo lunatic. He wasn’t politically motivated.

While not an obvious right/left thing he was disillusioned with government and Gifford as a politician but was also enamored with George W Bush. He was also a schizo lunatic.

30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I guess I misread what you said, I took it as attempted assassination of a political figure. That being said, he was a conspiracy nut, some of which included politics. He had a general hatred for both organized religion and the government if memory serves. 

He was CRAZY crazy. They had to forcibly pump him full of anti-psychotics for months before he was cleared to stand accused.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

"In the face of warnings from the Pentagon that the hold on military aid to Ukraine could be illegal, an official from the Office of Management and Budget made it clear that the order to keep the freeze in place came directly from President"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/02/politics/unredacted-ukraine-documents-pentagon-concerns/index.html

On 12/28/2019 at 12:36 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Reagan

One of the Final Five..........

Anyone not blinded by terminal partisanship should be able to acknowledge Trump's behavior is in violation of his oath.

Ditto for McConnell. You can try to rationalize it with technicalities all you want but both of them are shredding the Constitution and our Republic in spirit if not law.

This is no longer about elections or sides. It's about the heart and soul of this country which is very much at risk. Chief Justice Robert's was on point stating people are taking Democracy for granted.

One of the Final Five..........

I wonder how long it'll take the Trump Administration to appeal this ruling.

A federal judge ruled Friday that Lev Parnas, an associate of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, can provide additional records sought by the House impeachment investigators, including the contents of his cell phone.

Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee requested records from Parnas and his business associate, Igor Fruman, in October 2019. The two men are under indictment on allegations of campaign finance violations, and both reportedly played a key roles in assisting Giuliani in his efforts to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and Ukraine. Both have pleaded not guilty.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/giuliani-associate-hand-cell-phone-contents-house-panel/story?id=68053607

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I wonder how long it'll take the Trump Administration to appeal this ruling.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/giuliani-associate-hand-cell-phone-contents-house-panel/story?id=68053607

Where are the Democrats. There's a huge cache of fodder today. They're such pussies I swear. They should be shredding Republicans to pieces.