Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Convert Rips On Trump

Since nobody ever seems to see the posts I make ripping on Trump, I’ll put them here when they happen.

I mentioned earlier that it showed weakness for Trump to not take a stronger response for having missiles shot in the direction of Americans. I understand the pressure he’s under, but a small measured response should’ve taken place that would’ve tempted Iran to hit back but wouldn’t. If anyone shot anything like that at Chinese or Russian service people, or if Reagan were president Iran would be losing more assets. This is one of the first times I’ve seen the pressure of his enemies get to him and manipulate the appropriate response that past modern presidents in both parties would’ve given, except for Carter. Trump pussed out a bit. 

kat.jpg

We are back to the status quo which is good. It takes the heat off of both governments and doesn't escalate the situation more. Iran goes back to terrorism like always with their proxies and we add on more sanctions publicly and increase efforts to destabilize the regime internally. Iran knows we will respond militarily if they take any state sponsored action. All in all I think it's about the best way this could have ended.

53 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Trump pussed out a bit. 

Dude’s been whining about nukes in Iran for a decade...finally has an excuse to take out all their nuclear capabilities and instead doesn’t respond.

I disagreed with the assassination, but if you’re going to go there why not go all out?

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Dude’s been whining about nukes in Iran for a decade...finally has an excuse to take out all their nuclear capabilities and instead doesn’t respond.

I disagreed with the assassination, but if you’re going to go there why not go all out?

It isn't that easy.  Do you start an all out war?  Does the US have the treasure and man power for that?  Probably not.  Definitely not if you are talking occupation.  What does Russia do?  Etc.  

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It isn't that easy.  Do you start an all out war?  Does the US have the treasure and man power for that?  Probably not.  Definitely not if you are talking occupation.  What does Russia do?  Etc.  

A lot of people are forgetting about the first Gulf War around 1990. Saddam had the world’s 4th or 5th biggest army with all kinds of Russian weapons, etc. Military pundits were saying we’d lose 10k to 15k troops off the top in tanks battles and infantry, etc. 

We ended up doing all of it from the air until the resistance was gone, and had troops just take in masses of Iraqis surrendering. When ended up losing 100 people and most of those had nothing to do with combat or the enemy. I think we had 500k involved. You’d lose almost 100 people in car accidents over a year in the US for 500,000 people.

It is complicated, but I guarantee you the following scenario has been looked at. In coordination with the younger resistance group leaders, organize a coupe with the help of Western nations and Israel. Phase 1: Stealth fighters take out the Soviet 400 SAM sites, then bring in more planes to cripple Iran’s military to do anything. Phase 2: Actually during Phase 1, take out the top members of government and palace instantly, Phase 3: Iranian resistance seizes key media outlets to announce there a new modern government for the people. New Iranian Government is announced and takes over. 

Fighting amongst Irainian resistance fighters would be armed by west with air support. We wouldn’t have any ground involvement. We just take out the big boys and open the doors. 

It’s pretty extreme if the west was getting desperate, but these kinds of plans exist. 

kat.jpg

This is like one of those songs where the band's name is in the song title. Those songs are always good.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

A lot of people are forgetting about the first Gulf War around 1990. Saddam had the world’s 4th or 5th biggest army with all kinds of Russian weapons, etc. Military pundits were saying we’d lose 10k to 15k troops off the top in tanks battles and infantry, etc. 

We ended up doing all of it from the air until the resistance was gone, and had troops just take in masses of Iraqis surrendering. When ended up losing 100 people and most of those had nothing to do with combat or the enemy. I think we had 500k involved. You’d lose almost 100 people in car accidents over a year in the US for 500,000 people.

It is complicated, but I guarantee you the following scenario has been looked at. In coordination with the younger resistance group leaders, organize a coupe with the help of Western nations and Israel. Phase 1: Stealth fighters take out the Soviet 400 SAM sites, then bring in more planes to cripple Iran’s military to do anything. Phase 2: Actually during Phase 1, take out the top members of government and palace instantly, Phase 3: Iranian resistance seizes key media outlets to announce there a new modern government for the people. New Iranian Government is announced and takes over. 

Fighting amongst Irainian resistance fighters would be armed by west with air support. We wouldn’t have any ground involvement. We just take out the big boys and open the doors. 

It’s pretty extreme if the west was getting desperate, but these kinds of plans exist. 

Why don't you give this plan to Trump? I'm sure he'll make you the chairman of the Joint Chiefs for this little bit of military genius. 

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Why don't you give this plan to Trump? I'm sure he'll make you the chairman of the Joint Chiefs for this little bit of military genius. 

Nah, right now the NSA Chief is only acting. I’m sure the Senate would confirm Convert for the permanent slot. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

57 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is like one of those songs where the band's name is in the song title. Those songs are always good.

I was in a band when I was like 19 and we didn’t have a name yet. We had a song called “weird house”. The singer’s dad came into the garage with a martini and was like “that’s the name of your band! I can see it now, Dick Clark introducing you guys...”here now to play their hit single Weird House...Weird House”. We were like that’s what a one hit wonder does old man. We’re more like The Rolling Stones. This isn’t some gimmick, this is our life and art, man. lol.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

2 narcicists in the room is 1 too many.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'm sure in Trump's second term he'll have burned through enough cabinet members where he will have to actually start appointing people from the internet. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Not in the title, but in the chorus... just as bad.