Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

SDSU vs Boise State

"You can put this one in the refrigerator.  The door’s closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter’s getting hard and the jello’s jiggling."

Chick Hearn

B-ball, football it doesn't matter. The Aztec defense in both sports is dictacting, dominating, and decisive.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Ho hum.

Just another home win in Viejas.

Next !

Americans Mayor

A couple of stats that stand out for me:

3 pt% Boise 6-20, 30%

Aztecs 9-19, 47.4%

Steals :

Boise 1 Aztecs 8.

Turnovers: Boise 18 Aztecs 9

Dictating, dominating, decisive defense.

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

Okay I’ll admit it... I short changed the Aztecs at home. Can you blame me? They’ve been better on the road to this point, so sue me.

That has been the case, but BSU is by far the best team we have played at home this season. The difference in the Aztecs today may have something to do with how well the Aztecs have played this year against better competition.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

9 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

That has been the case, but BSU is by far the best team we have played at home this season. The difference in the Aztecs today may have something to do with how well the Aztecs have played this year against better competition.

It was also the Viejas crowd...it was even crazier than usual...and The Show's "We want Auburn" chant at the end was the cherry on top...and the team is kicking butt without the Mensahs and a recuperating Arop.....

1 minute ago, bnastyaztecs said:

It was also the Viejas crowd...it was even crazier than usual...and The Show's "We want Auburn" chant at the end was the cherry on top...and the team is kicking butt without the Mensahs and a recuperating Arop.....

Depth, my friend. Depth.

Americans Mayor

43 minutes ago, bnastyaztecs said:

That came through loud and clear on ESPN3. 

Welcome to the new times, just like the old times. :cheers:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

39 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That came through loud and clear on ESPN3. 

Welcome to the new times, just like the old times. :cheers:

We are a bunch of band wagoners!

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, AztecBill said:

If this is true you have not had great competition at home yet. Bsu is middle mountain west at best and bottom third at worst. 

15 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

A couple of stats that stand out for me:

3 pt% Boise 6-20, 30%

Aztecs 9-19, 47.4%

Steals :

Boise 1 Aztecs 8.

Turnovers: Boise 18 Aztecs 9

Dictating, dominating, decisive defense.

Those are the stats that say L for Boise every time, especially 30% and less at the 3.  When Jessup misses his first 6-7 shots but keeps chucking, the Broncs are toast.   Just like last year.   Really have to graduate the old DNA out and hope the transfers sitting out are the answer because Leon cannot conjure up a winner with his HS recruits and walkons.

10 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Those are the stats that say L for Boise every time, especially 30% and less at the 3.  When Jessup misses his first 6-7 shots but keeps chucking, the Broncs are toast.   Just like last year.   Really have to graduate the old DNA out and hope the transfers sitting out are the answer because Leon cannot conjure up a winner with his HS recruits and walkons.

Same with Alston. His 3 has not been hitting yet he keeps chucking rather than drive to the rim. Without an inside presence to draw the defense and open up the 3 point shooters, it is difficult to score. Bsu basketball in a nutshell over the past 10 years. 

21 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Same with Alston. His 3 has not been hitting yet he keeps chucking rather than drive to the rim. Without an inside presence to draw the defense and open up the 3 point shooters, it is difficult to score. Bsu basketball in a nutshell over the past 10 years. 

I'm taking one positive out of this season..it's clear Alston is not an NBA daft prospect yet so he returns to join the really good transfers sitting out this year.  Next year's team will have all the weapons, and won't have to chuck up 20+ 3's a game unless they're actually hitting them.

36 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I'm taking one positive out of this season..it's clear Alston is not an NBA daft prospect yet so he returns to join the really good transfers sitting out this year.  Next year's team will have all the weapons, and won't have to chuck up 20+ 3's a game unless they're actually hitting them.

I noticed SDSUs defense really collapsed on anyone trying to drive to the basket. And their perimeter defense was great also. Hell they played an overall solid game against a not so solid team. I thought we should have gone zone at times because they were killing us on pick and rolls particularly in the second half. 

I agree on Alston. He is fooling himself if he thinks he is NBA caliber. His perimeter shot is more of a set shot and that isn’t going to fly in the NBA. I imagine he will go through some NBA camps this summer to be evaluated and return like Hutchison did. The good thing is teams won’t be able to key on him next year.