Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

This F’n conference is a joke.

22 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It’s more than fair for you. You guys are gonna get like 200k less than SDSU and you have only one sport in the Conference.

How is it fair? We don’t get a full football share? They let us keep OUR OWN tier 3 TV deal?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

All members are not treated equally. TV deal favors Boise St just to keep them in the conference. No school gets to keep its own tier 3 tv deals. Travel subs still an issue.

Seriously what other conference favors a certain member? Seriously what other conference penalizes a certain member? 

Bunch of coattail riding institutions . Now I know why BYU left.

Warbow's bummed cause there's not enough left in Hawaii's budget for a case of this

ready-strip-paint-thinner-solvents-clean

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

All members are not treated equally. TV deal favors Boise St just to keep them in the conference. No school gets to keep its own tier 3 tv deals. Travel subs still an issue.

Seriously what other conference favors a certain member? Seriously what other conference penalizes a certain member? 

Bunch of coattail riding institutions . Now I know why BYU left.

" Additional third-tier rights for games not picked up by either network are still under negotiations. "

" Hawaii is expected to receive a piece of the pie while retaining broadcast rights for home games through local pay-per-view Spectrum Sports. A maximum of four UH games will be featured on the two national networks per year. "

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/Article/Mountain-West-football-TV-deal-television-CBS-FOX-announces-networks-Fresno-State-football-San-Jose-State-Hawaii--141925537/

8 minutes ago, Warbow said:

How is it fair? We don’t get a full football share? They let us keep OUR OWN tier 3 TV deal?

Yes, Hawaii only had to provide 4 of it's games (about half it's potential T1 inventory) and they are keeping their own T3 deal.

11 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Warbow's bummed cause there's not enough left in Hawaii's budget for a case of this

ready-strip-paint-thinner-solvents-clean

I guess we saved up enough money to just build a new one.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

9 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

" Additional third-tier rights for games not picked up by either network are still under negotiations. "

" Hawaii is expected to receive a piece of the pie while retaining broadcast rights for home games through local pay-per-view Spectrum Sports. A maximum of four UH games will be featured on the two national networks per year. "

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/Article/Mountain-West-football-TV-deal-television-CBS-FOX-announces-networks-Fresno-State-football-San-Jose-State-Hawaii--141925537/

All I’m saying is, Hawaii should get an equal MWC football share plus whatever we can get for our own Tier 3 deal. It should be that way for all members, not asking for anything more than what anybody should have.

15 minutes ago, Warbow said:

All I’m saying is, Hawaii should get an equal MWC football share plus whatever we can get for our own Tier 3 deal. It should be that way for all members, not asking for anything more than what anybody should have.

The MW tv contract doesn’t just cover the football side of things though. And it seems that the MW is still not willing to do Tier 3 rights separately negotiated per school outside of our exception.

Its 80% only because of our Football-only aspect we have with the MW. Meaning the MW values the non-FB side (like Basketball) at roughly 20%. It equates to around $200-300k revenue less. Not a big difference and could have easily been made up with a better BW tv contract.

Hawai’i should have negotiated a deal that schools travel subs shouldn’t be received if the school is doing a 13th game or week 0 one.

43 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Hopefully the MWC dropped the travel subsidy, though.

Hawaii shouldn't have to pay that.  Schools get to schedule a 13th game to offset the cost.

I’ve been saying that since they joined. The MWC strong armed Hawai’i when they joined and they never should have done that. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 minutes ago, Warbow said:

How is that fair to those that can't get their own T3 deal?  Why should T3 rights be any different than T1 rights?

13 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I agree with doing away with the travel subsidies. Hawai'i is a football only member. As a football only member, the RWs are getting a fair share.

11 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

How is that fair to those that can't get their own T3 deal?  Why should T3 rights be any different than T1 rights?

Lol...not anybody else’s fault if your school has no fan interest in your own hometown, why should others pay for your lack of fam interest. What do you think a tier 3  TV deal is? It’s a local deal, why should other pay if some school can’t negotiate a local deal for themselves?

32 minutes ago, Warbow said:

What makes you think you aren't getting a full football share? The deal covers football and basketball. And you're not giving up all your football games.

54 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

It will be interesting how those third tier rights are deployed.   I hope the schools keep control of them and they go to those schools.

If the do the next question would be how do the Cal States manage them.   I wonder if they could do better by packaging Fresno, SDSU and San Jose into a Cal State Package.   All the institutions have graduates across the state and could make a decent CA package that might be worth more than the pieces.   

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

I guess we saved up enough money to just build a new one.

You can say that when its actually built.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hair does not get a say in the matter.  Only the Boise President can make that call.
Image result for Bob Kustra

Well I'm assuming that Hair has negotiated that as part of the new contract with Boise, otherwise, it would have been dumb to mention it.  On the flip side, he has been known to say some dumb shit.  

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Well I'm assuming that Hair has negotiated that as part of the new contract with Boise, otherwise, it would have been dumb to mention it.  On the flip side, he has been known to say some dumb shit.  

You are assuming a lot.  The verbiage used certainly does not indicate any sort of deal between Boise and the MWC. 

3 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

At least Spectrum likely negotiated with MW/CBS/FOX to make sure no more than 4 games are given up a year. Hopefully that allows them to bump up the revenue a bit for us when up for contract negotiations. Only issue is we play at Oregon and at Arizona which are P12N. So they would have up to 11 games max (or 7 games minimum) in inventory.

That 4-game limit is important.  Knowing how much inventory we have to commit should give us some negotiating leverage with Spectrum.  That's good for the whole conference since the more Hawaii gets from Spectrum, the less it takes from the MWC pot which increases the share of all the other members and by extension Hawaii's target share.