Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

This F’n conference is a joke.

3 hours ago, aztech said:

Don't know about that.  As long as the SDCCU stadium is just sitting there the city is losing money.

Come on you know there is some ambulance chaser out there just waiting for that EIR to drop that will claim that the federally-listed zebra tiger mole lives on the property.

8 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Yet Hawaii is the one that has been giving their share of the tv revenue back to the conference to up everyone else's since we joined because our local tv rights make more than what we would have gotten under the old contract and still a good portion of the new one.

So, go start a conference.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

I would include Boise in the leeching and  coattails Dept. They latched onto two sinking conferences like they were shipwreck survivors grasping for any life boat they could cling to. They thought they had found a better life boat with the Big Least and crawled back into ours.

Go ahead Boise, go Indy and watch your program be back.kn the FCS within 15 years.

Careful there, Aztec fan. Lots of mirrors in your vicinity.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I would include Boise in the leeching and  coattails Dept. They latched onto two sinking conferences like they were shipwreck survivors grasping for any life boat they could cling to. They thought they had found a better life boat with the Big Least and crawled back into ours.

Go ahead Boise, go Indy and watch your program be back.kn the FCS within 15 years.

???  Who crawled back and where do you get the term "ours".  You guys chased them into the Big East rainbow.  They were paid to come back.  SDSU had to beg.  Only one team did any crawling in that episode.

Meh.

If you have not been competitive in bb or fb over the last decade you are out.

My MW geographically from West to east

SDSU, Fresno, Nevada, Boise, Utags, Wyoming, AFA, Houston, TCU, and BYU.

All sports.

Fb plays a round robin nine game sched, plus CCG.

Play every school twice in BB.

Pass...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:09 PM, Warbow said:

All members are not treated equally. TV deal favors Boise St just to keep them in the conference. No school gets to keep its own tier 3 tv deals. Travel subs still an issue.

Seriously what other conference favors a certain member? Seriously what other conference penalizes a certain member? 

Bunch of coattail riding institutions . Now I know why BYU left.

In all sincerity, what other options does UH have? Lobby your school to try other options.

I think they've looked at everything, and this is your best option, right now.  Maybe try to get involved instead of inveighing against some other random dudes?

12 hours ago, Warbow said:

I’m not so sure that Wyoming could survive in the Big Sky, really no big name schools to leech off of there. 

Newsflash: there are no big name schools to leach off of here, man. We're doing our best. Buck up, buttercup.