Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

This F’n conference is a joke.

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are assuming a lot.  The verbiage used certainly does not indicate any sort of deal between Boise and the MWC. 

Young blood, do you know how many times I have heard that the side TV revenue deal with ESPN and Boise would last through perpetuity.  Well that appears to no longer be the case.  Boise St should just be happy they got 6 more years of special treatment they received in this latest installment and enjoy the gravy train for a few more years.  Boise State is a MWC asset no matter what you say and enjoys whatever privileges are extended to it by the conference.  If Boise State is dictating terms to Thompson and he is capitulating then his sorry azz needs to be removed by the other voting school presidents.  If Boise St wants to call its own shot, market it's own exclusive tv revenue deal for whatever the market will bear, go Indy, simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Young blood, do you know how many times I have heard that the side TV revenue deal with ESPN and Boise would last through perpetuity.  Well that appears to no longer be the case.  Boise St should just be happy they got 6 more years of special treatment they received in this latest installment and enjoy the gravy train for a few more years.  Boise State is a MWC asset no matter what you say and enjoys whatever privileges are extended to it by the conference.  If Boise State is dictating terms to Thompson and he is capitulating then his sorry azz needs to be removed by the other voting school presidents.  If Boise St wants to call its own shot, market it's own exclusive tv revenue deal for whatever the market will bear, go Indy, simple as that. 

That is not how contracts work and Boise won't have to dictate terms, they already did and your presidents signed off on it.

36 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is not how contracts work and Boise won't have to dictate terms, they already did and your presidents signed off on it.

Almost Half the current MWC schools weren't even members when Boise structured that deal in 2012.  Fresno, Nevada, Utah State, San Jose St, and Hawaii probably had very little to say in the matter since they joined the conference after Boise did.  Now maybe the other remaining limp dick school presidents agreed to the contract like New Mexico, UNLV, Wyoming, CSU, etc...

6 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Almost Half the current MWC schools weren't even members when Boise structured that deal in 2012.  Fresno, Nevada, Utah State, San Jose St, and Hawaii probably had very little to say in the matter since they joined the conference after Boise did.  Now maybe the other remaining limp dick school presidents agreed to the contract like New Mexico, UNLV, Wyoming, CSU, etc...

Your timeline is wrong.  Not surprising.  Old age and all.

Boise inked the deal to stay in the MWC December 31st, 2012.  Fresno and Nevada accepted invitations to join the MWC in August of 2010.  Every single MWC school had full voting rights when the Boise deal was agreed upon.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise inked the deal to stay in the MWC December 31st, 2012.  Fresno and Nevada accepted invitations to join the MWC in August of 2010.  Every single MWC school had full voting rights when the Boise deal was agreed upon.

There is always going to be a top school in every conference, SEC would be Alabama, B10 would be Ohio St., etc..

I don't hear them asking for any special compensation from their respective conferences because they happen to be the top team in the conference and if they left the conference it would cause irreparable harm, yada, yada, yada...If you look across the football conference landscape I don't see any other school trying to hold that over their conference like Boise St is doing.....

I really hope Boise gets an opportunity to go to the AAC and takes it...so this crap goes away.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Except SDSU...

54 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

There is always going to be a top school in every conference, SEC would be Alabama, B10 would be Ohio St., etc..

I don't hear them asking for any special compensation from their respective conferences because they happen to be the top team in the conference and if they left the conference it would cause irreparable harm, yada, yada, yada...If you look across the football conference landscape I don't see any other school trying to hold that over their conference like Boise St is doing.....

I really hope Boise gets an opportunity to go to the AAC and takes it...so this crap goes away.

If bsu goes anywhere so will half of your tv money. Might be worth it for some here though. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Those schools play in a conference with peers who have similar program support, success, history and commitment.  Boise does not.

6 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I’ve been saying that since they joined. The MWC strong armed Hawai’i when they joined and they never should have done that. 

This is correct.  Nobody really wanted them.  It was one of those deals where you say take it or leave it.  Here is what you have to do.  Hawaii can leave at any time and drift away.  No one is forcing them to stay.  I for one think they would fit in the big sky.  From a $ perspective it would make sense.

8 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Every school you list was in the Conference and signed off on the deal.

Boise State and SDSU were the only current members who were not in the MWC at the time.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

12 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

If your product is so hot, then join the AAC/C-USA incest pool or go Indy.

Life would be better w/o the Boise arrogance.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Those schools play in a conference with peers who have similar program support, success, history and commitment.  Boise does not.

Here are the numbers for the 14 SEC football programs (in millions):

2. Georgia: $129 million
4. Alabama: $111.1
9. Tennessee: $93.9
10. Auburn: $93.6
12. Florida: $88
14. LSU: $86.6
15. Texas A&M: $82.6
21. Arkansas: $67.9
22. South Carolina: $64.4
33. Ole Miss: $51.2
49. Kentucky: $40
59. Missouri: $31.4
60. Vanderbilt: $30.3
61. Mississippi State: $29.8

There is a HUGE FINANCIAL DISPARITY in these programs bottom line.  Even in the SEC there are the haves and the have nots.  And for you to suggest that these programs have all achieved the same level of success or have the same level of program support is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Here are the numbers for the 14 SEC football programs (in millions):

2. Georgia: $129 million
4. Alabama: $111.1
9. Tennessee: $93.9
10. Auburn: $93.6
12. Florida: $88
14. LSU: $86.6
15. Texas A&M: $82.6
21. Arkansas: $67.9
22. South Carolina: $64.4
33. Ole Miss: $51.2
49. Kentucky: $40
59. Missouri: $31.4
60. Vanderbilt: $30.3
61. Mississippi State: $29.8

There is a HUGE FINANCIAL DISPARITY in these programs bottom line.  Even in the SEC there are the haves and the have nots.  And for you to suggest that these programs have all achieved the same level of success or have the same level of program support is ludicrous.

Exactly, so stop crying about it. Boise gets more because by having Boise, you ALL get more. A lot more.  Stop crying.  Boise is handing you guys welfare.

15 hours ago, Warbow said:

Lol...not anybody else’s fault if your school has no fan interest in your own hometown, why should others pay for your lack of fam interest. What do you think a tier 3  TV deal is? It’s a local deal, why should other pay if some school can’t negotiate a local deal for themselves?

Uh, the same logic goes towards Tier 1.  Conferences negotiate as a package so they can get more (altogether)if they negotiated separately.  This is what lead to the breakup of the Big12.

Tier 3 isn't local, it's the leftover inventory unused by Tiers 1 and 2.

18 hours ago, Warbow said:

All members are not treated equally. TV deal favors Boise St just to keep them in the conference. No school gets to keep its own tier 3 tv deals. Travel subs still an issue.

Seriously what other conference favors a certain member? Seriously what other conference penalizes a certain member? 

Bunch of coattail riding institutions . Now I know why BYU left.

So, go Indie.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

This is what lead to the breakup of the Big12.

I must have missed that one...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Longhorn Network fiasco.  I mean, I guess 10 of them survived.

Which was overblown.  That was only part of the issue.  And it was a conveinient excuse for the perpetually whining Aggies.  With the exception of Colorado, everybody who left the Big 12 found undisputably greener pastures - ie, the Big 10 and SEC.  Although for Missouri, it wasnt where they wanted to be.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.