Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Mike Leach To Mississippi St

34 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I think Leach is going to have a tough time in the SEC where defenses have a lot more speed. He will have some early success until they catch on. 

Im kind of surprised he left WSU, he seemed like a good fit there and was paid well. It probably has a lot to do with the kind of recruits he can get in the SEC and better shot at a NC. Maybe he just got tired of Pullman. If you’re not an outdoors hunting and fishing kind of guy, there’s not much to do. 

Leach finished 36-36 (.500) in the PAC-12, he was 47-33 (.580) in the Big 12, I'm not sure he'll win more than 40% of his SEC games, and he never beat UW

3 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Egg Bowl is going to be awesome. I wonder who they go with. I would think Graham Harrel from USC would be a serious consideration as his offense would fit that system. Would Harsin consider that job, or is he pretty much dead set to stay in Boise for the long term? 

Highly, highly unlikely. Harsin will likely leave eventually, but it'll be for a better job than Wazzu. I think the Baylor job would be a more likely scenario... but that one isn't all that likely either. 

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Maybe Choate at Montana State. Hard to say. Harsin would definitely seem to be someone they'd consider though.

That's a very real possibility. He's done great at MSU and has Wazzu ties. 

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

You'd think he could wait for a better job than that.  I'd rather be in Boise.  

Yeah, the food culture in Boise is world renowned. If Wazzu were in Jackson, maybe, but not Pullman. 

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

does not compute, he already had a 5 year $20 million dollar deal at WSU

there are many at WSU that aren't too sad to see him go.  He's an offensive genius, but he comes with baggage

Wazzu will return to their rightful place in the Pac 12 basement

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I think Leach is going to have a tough time in the SEC where defenses have a lot more speed. He will have some early success until they catch on. 

Im kind of surprised he left WSU, he seemed like a good fit there and was paid well. It probably has a lot to do with the kind of recruits he can get in the SEC and better shot at a NC. Maybe he just got tired of Pullman. If you’re not an outdoors hunting and fishing kind of guy, there’s not much to do. 

Yeah, if you're not a college age kid there is very little to do in the town

3 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

I wonder who they go with. I would think Graham Harrel from USC would be a serious consideration as his offense would fit that system. 

What about Rolovich?  He's currently making just over minimum wage on the island.  His offense would work at Wazzu as well.

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Harsin to WSU rumors in 3-2-1...

He did interview with Baylor

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

From Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest to the Swamp Monster of the Bayou, Leach will keep us informed. I think he'll do a mediocre job at MSU. I give him 4 years, 5 tops. 

1 hour ago, crixus said:

From Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest to the Swamp Monster of the Bayou, Leach will keep us informed. I think he'll do a mediocre job at MSU. I give him 4 years, 5 tops. 

Oh yes he'll be a hit in Starkvegas. I agree with your timeline as well. Leach will be the alter ego of Saban. SEC talk show honks are about to have endless sound bites.

The Pretentious v the Pirate in Mississippi football.  Should be fun. One of Them has to control dog pee in the TD zone.  The Other has to find a tool shed to lock up wayward idiots.  We shall see re Mississippi football.  Yawn.  Instant press.  No real delivery.

NFL lite aka SEC West has nothing to fiddle with other than Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Aggy.  As usual. 

As a salute to Mississippi football I offer this. 

image.png

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png