Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs New Mexico

Wacky MWC Part 2: What? Now Air Force plays home and home vs New Mexico...........It keeps on getting real in MWC action: Air Force gave pre-season #15 USU their 3rd loss, then last night San Jose State (picked last in pre-season poll) gave 3-0 Nevada their first loss 70-68 and ……..Our men are obviously coming off a very good win with exceptional play on both ends of the court and hit to the Pit to face a dangerous NM team that plays fast and aggressive.  The Lobos are 3-1 and beat Fresno State this week 78-64 at home with 6'9" Jackson leading the way with 29pts/13rebs to include a blistering 6-7 from the 3pt arc.  They have two bigs that combined for 12pts (Manigault 6'9"/Bragg 6'10") and while the team doesn't emphasize the 'bigs' underneath their team plays long on both ends of the court and with an attacking mentality.  AF will see full court pressure similar to what UNLV did so the key for the Falcons will be to get down the court as quick as possible to try to get into an effective half court offense.  … More at https://bit.ly/30Ms9xP ...GO FALCONS BEAT NM Rick '77

..GO FALCONS..

I get back home Saturday, about 2 hours before game time, so i get to watch this game! Looming forward to it. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

27 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I get back home Saturday, about 2 hours before game time, so i get to watch this game! Looming forward to it. 

I land at 4pm Just in time to turn it on....Facebook Watch no less.  Matchup stats at Cover.com https://www.covers.com/sport/basketball/ncaab/matchup/192997

1606411351_afnmmatchjan.PNG.c25ea5514fa363a2252f5414c58b98d3.PNG 

..GO FALCONS..

7 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

I land at 4pm Just in time to turn it on....Facebook Watch no less.  Matchup stats at Cover.com https://www.covers.com/sport/basketball/ncaab/matchup/192997

1606411351_afnmmatchjan.PNG.c25ea5514fa363a2252f5414c58b98d3.PNG 

Land... as in the Springs?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

Land... as in the Springs?

Nah....on a layover in Tulsa 4pm MT.  My Dad might make it to the Pit depending on WX and plane tickets.  Wish I could be there....will be a good one. Let me know if you are going to make it up this way for bball or fball. Rick 

GO FALCONS

..GO FALCONS..

33 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Nah....on a layover in Tulsa 4pm MT.  My Dad might make it to the Pit depending on WX and plane tickets.  Wish I could be there....will be a good one. Let me know if you are going to make it up this way for bball or fball. Rick 

GO FALCONS

Not sure what i25 is like coming over the pass from CO fo NM, but an easy drive down if its good. After three weeks up here in Alaska, and freezing my... well you know... im ready for some sunshine!

This -40+ with wind chills of -70+, is just brutal!

Edit: GO LOBOS!

No one talking about this.   3pts at half by NM, AF took the lead by two but then trailed and couldn’t even up.  AF lost this game as much as NM won it. AF Step out of bounds on made 3 to tie at 3 mins.  Down by three inside a min and two empty handed trips down court with essentially one unforced TO. Good effort on the road but a loss.  Final 84-78.

..GO FALCONS..

3 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

No one talking about this.   3pts at half by NM, AF took the lead by two but then trailed and couldn’t even up.  AF lost this game as much as NM won it. AF Step out of bounds on made 3 to tie at 3 mins.  Down by three inside a min and two empty handed trips down court with essentially one unforced TO. Good effort on the road but a loss.  Final 84-78.

I was too busy watching my Vikings get trucked by the 9ers. Lobos are winning based on talent alone. AFA will be tough to beat at home.

New Mexico had that gam ready to explode and somehow Air Force found a way back into it. Kudos to the Falcons because I don’t think it was a case of New Mexico playing bad that let Air For e back in it.  Curious decision by Air Force to foul when down 3 and 40+ seconds to go.