Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Mwc basketball is crazy this year

9 hours ago, fbpack said:

utah st

What's going on lol

I think most of us on this board that know basketball saw that Utah St was way over rated.  That is not surprising.  This is a 1 bid league that needs help for two.  

That is why it is crazy.  Good season to watch. 

Seems like a normal year for MWC hoops. One big dog and the rest fighting for second, with hopes that the big dog chases its tail in the conf tourney to get us a second bid.

Outside of SDSU, anyone can beat anyone on any given night and SDSU will stumble once or twice before its over. The big surprise is SJSU with a pulse, which is truly awesome to see.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Seems like a normal year for MWC hoops. One big dog and the rest fighting for second, with hopes that the big dog chases its tail in the conf tourney to get us a second bid.

Outside of SDSU, anyone can beat anyone on any given night and SDSU will stumble once or twice before its over. The big surprise is SJSU with a pulse, which is truly awesome to see.

It’s amazing what a few good transfers can do. Without those SDSU would be mediocre like most MWC teams. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s amazing what a few good transfers can do. Without those SDSU would be mediocre like most MWC teams. 

I'd never fault a team for relying on transfers. In today's game it is the winning strategy.

21 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I'd never fault a team for relying on transfers. In today's game it is the winning strategy.

For most of us it's the only real access to top level guys.  Once in a while a diamond ruffed up drops in your lap but it's hard to bank on.

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

For most of us it's the only real access to top level guys.  Once in a while a diamond ruffed up drops in your lap but it's hard to bank on.

Even the blue bloods rely on transfers up. Any coach that declares he won't take transfers is signing his career death sentence.

55 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I agree. I was just making a general comment. Xfers have definitely become a major source in recruiting, far more than in the past. Boise State currently has four sitting on the bench redshirting and one currently playing. All are guys that have and will have a major impact next year.