Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

Rocky Long to UNM as Defensive Coordinator?

A cording to an SDTrib article I just read, he received tow or three offers, but his wife said, "no".

“So I come back and give her the pluses and the minuses and stuff. Then she goes, ‘Nah, we ain’t going there.’ ”

He indicated he was interested in coaching the freshman h.s. team up the street from his house. Brady Hoke offered him the DC job and he refused saying it was Zach Arnetts' job. If Zach leaves, he would take it.

I also loved JD Wicker telling the story of how Rocky met his wife. Rocky coached sorority flag fb while at UNM and those teams went undefeated and unscored upon for two seasons. Debi agreed to marry him after that.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I joked about this a few days back (cant remember if it was here, or on one of fhe Lobo sites),  when we found out Danny Gonzales was hired as our new coach. that wouldn't it be nice if he would come back to mentor Danny for a year or two, to right the ship here and getting his program moving forward again , then  relax and retire.... ummm? 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Rocky said it is Zach Arnette run to be DC at SDSU,however Zach has several offers adn Rocky said he would take the job as DC at SDSU if Zach went elsewhere.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Imagine if San Diego St had Hawaii’s offense.

or

Imagine if Hawaii had San Diego St’s defense.

umm...

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Imagine if San Diego St could play offense.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Is the grass was about to get greener, Long chose other pastures. Don’t expect it to last. He admitted nearly pulling the trigger on an assistant coaching gig or two.

“They came fairly close,” Long said. “But Brady said it. He said his wife, Laura, likes it here and he’s not leaving. That means she said something. Well, my wife has the same authority in our house.

“So I come back and give her the pluses and the minuses and stuff. Then she goes, ‘Nah, we ain’t going there.’ ”

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

I joked about this a few days back (cant remember if it was here, or on one of fhe Lobo sites),  when we found out Danny Gonzales was hired as our new coach. that wouldn't it be nice if he would come back to mentor Danny for a year or two, to right the ship here and getting his program moving forward again , then  relax and retire.... ummm? 

It was on here but you said having Rocky as HC with Gonzales as DC. I think this would be great if Rocky came to run the defense while Danny ran the program and learned the ins and outs.

12 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

It was on here but you said having Rocky as HC with Gonzales as DC. I think this would be great if Rocky came to run the defense while Danny ran the program and learned the ins and outs.

Not sure why i would have said it like that... im a bit dyslexic, so im sure i meant to say it the other way, lol. 
my choice for HC sould have been the Weber State guy instead of Danny,.. buf yeah. Danny cuts his teeth as an HC here, with rocky here mentoring him.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."