Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Honest Question for you Pokes

While the game was never in doubt (even long before tip off), the question is beyond stupid.  Would we rather lose!?!? WTF kind of question is that.  Of course we want our Pokes to win.  No matter how bad our team is, we want to see the players succeed because we give a damn. 

Ask yourself the same moronic question. Do you root for Boise State to beat SDSU in football so the MWC can potentially get a conference New Years’ Day bowl rep? If you answer yes, then you should just stop calling yourself a fan and you should donate all of your SDSU gear to the local shelter or something. 

5 hours ago, nashvillepoke said:

Record attendance 

Burman’s management of the b-ball program, from coaches to facilities, has been catastrophic .

Heartbreaking.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

15 hours ago, nashvillepoke said:

Record attendance 

Hey we knew the MBB team was going to be rough so we acted in a prudent manner and proceeded to set the Arizona Bowl record for beer sales.  Didn't stop there so we are still a bit hungover, should start to sober up a little on signing day and when spring practice starts.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Sad!!  Back in my days the AA was rocking with Dembo & Leckner.  Students stood outside in a freaking blizzard just to get tickets.  What has happened to my alma mater?? 

down in a hole.jpg

On 1/8/2020 at 10:27 PM, Joe from WY said:

A pint of raw ether might make this season bearable to watch.

Knowing that Edwards will be gone at the end of this season is the ONLY thing that makes it bearable to watch!

4 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Sad!!  Back in my days the AA was rocking with Dembo & Leckner.  Students stood outside in a freaking blizzard just to get tickets.  What has happened to my alma mater?? 

Hell, you don't even have to go back that far.  The AA was rocking during much of the first 5 years under Steve McClain.  Especially, the 2001-02 season.  McClain struggled in 2 of his last 3 seasons but stilll never reached the lows of his successor Heath Schroyer.  Then came Larry Shyatt 2.0 and while he never quite got the AA rocking the program was resurected.  Then along came Edwards and Cowboy basketball fell off the cliff again.  If recent boom and bust histroy holds Wyoming's next coach should right the ship!  Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Hell, you don't even have to go back that far.  The AA was rocking during much of the first 5 years under Steve McClain.  Especially, the 2001-02 season.  McClain struggled in 2 of his last 3 seasons but stilll never reached the lows of his successor Heath Schroyer.  Then came Larry Shyatt 2.0 and while he never quite got the AA rocking the program was resurected.  Then along came Edwards and Cowboy basketball fell off the cliff again.  If recent boom and bust histroy holds Wyoming's next coach should right the ship!  Fingers crossed.

I'd honestly love to see either Tim Miles or Travis Decuire hired as the next head coach.