retrofade

Iran Launches Missiles At US Military Facilities in Iraq

On 1/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, Joe from WY said:

That's a clickbait bullshit article. He never did any land deal with Soleimani. That whole article refers to his development deal in Azerbaijian where the rich oligarch who he was dealing with had family members who were tied to the IRGC.

I probably have had business ties with people who have family members with ties to the IRGC. That's just the way of the west out in that part of the world when doing business. Not saying much. It wasn't like Soleimani and Trump sat around eating Kabobs and talking shop.

That's only because McDonald's doesn't have kabobs.

Oh?

• Like 1

They have to keep making things up like this because they don't have anything real to nail Trump with.  

On 1/10/2020 at 10:37 AM, Joe from WY said:

That's a clickbait bullshit article. He never did any land deal with Soleimani. That whole article refers to his development deal in Azerbaijian where the rich oligarch who he was dealing with had family members who were tied to the IRGC.

I probably have had business ties with people who have family members with ties to the IRGC. That's just the way of the west out in that part of the world when doing business. Not saying much. It wasn't like Soleimani and Trump sat around eating Kabobs and talking shop.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, IanforHeisman said:

Lol I wonder if this is true.

DCC04905-D194-4041-A2F8-1EC18C56642B.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1ZD13A

PARIS/LONDON (Reuters) - France, Britain and Germany formally triggered the dispute mechanism in Iran's nuclear deal on Tuesday, the strongest step the Europeans have taken so far to enforce an agreement that requires Iran to curb its nuclear program.

The European powers said they were acting to avoid a crisis over nuclear proliferation adding to an escalating confrontation in the Middle East.

In a statement, they said they still want the nuclear deal to succeed and were not joining a "maximum pressure" campaign against Iran by the United States, which abandoned the deal in 2018 and has reimposed crippling economic sanctions. 

Triggering the dispute mechanism amounts to formally accusing Iran of violating the terms of the agreement and could lead eventually to the reimposition of U.N. sanctions that were lifted under the deal.

Iran has gradually rolled back its commitments under the accord since the United States quit. Tehran argues that it has the right to do so because of Washington's actions.

"We do not accept the argument that Iran is entitled to reduce compliance with the JCPoA," the three European countries said in a joint statement, using the formal name of the agreement, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

Hmmmmm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/21/iran-admits-it-fired-two-missiles-at-ukrainian-passenger-jet

The aerospace chief of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, an elite, hardline branch of the Iranian military, said earlier this month a missile operator misidentified the plane as a cruise missile and had a 10-second window to decide whether to fire at the target. “Under such circumstances, he decides to make that bad decision: he engages, the missile is fired, and the plane is hit,” Ali Hajizadeh said.

Iranian air defences around the capital had been bolstered the previous night in anticipation of Iran’s ballistic missile attack on US forces stationed in neighbouring Iraq about five hours before the plane crashed on the same morning.

Damn.  Can you imagine being the guy that pulled the trigger?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike

It sounds like Trump's military adventure not only touched off the loss of a lot of peple in a plane but we may have a lot of service members who will also suffer long-term damage.  This is why congress is involved in declaring war....because the dictator doesn't always consider the collateral damage when they make attacks to control a news cycle.

Holy shit.  This was only 17 days ago?  It feels like this was years ago

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Holy shit.  This was only 17 days ago?  It feels like this was years ago

Get ready for a lot of that this year... we're going to move from news cycle to news cycle even faster this year than last year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Akkula said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike

It sounds like Trump's military adventure not only touched off the loss of a lot of peple in a plane but we may have a lot of service members who will also suffer long-term damage.  This is why congress is involved in declaring war....because the dictator doesn't always consider the collateral damage when they make attacks to control a news cycle.

To be honest this sounds like another "much ado about nothing" piece by CNN screaming for attention. It's not uncommon for soldiers to get concussions just from horsing around on base when they're bored. My roommate from college joined the Army and became an Apache helicopter mechanic and he got a concussion doing routine maintenance while stationed at Fort Hood.    

20 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

To be honest this sounds like another "much ado about nothing" piece by CNN screaming for attention. It's not uncommon for soldiers to get concussions just from horsing around on base when they're bored. My roommate from college joined the Army and became an Apache helicopter mechanic and he got a concussion doing routine maintenance while stationed at Fort Hood.    

While I agree with sensationalism, 34 cases is likely not due to routine maintenance. 

We dumb, but we ain't that dumb.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

While I agree with sensationalism, 34 cases is likely not due to routine maintenance. 

The concussion blasts from the rockets no doubt led to minor injuries, but that's what I'm talking about is that in my opinion a concussion isn't considered as a major or life threatening injury by military standards. Again, that's just my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

The concussion blasts from the rockets no doubt led to minor injuries, but that's what I'm talking about is that in my opinion a concussion isn't considered as a major or life threatening injury by military standards. Again, that's just my opinion. 

If they are saying TBI, that can mean a lot more than a bump-your-head-against-the-wall concussion.   We didn't joke around about blast-borne head injuries, they could be life-altering.  8 of the 34 are already at Walter Reed and 9 are in Germany.  The others are already back at work.  Sort of highlights the degrees of severity encompassed in the term TBI.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Right? They fired missiles. I doubt they have NORAD level bunkers at those bases.

59 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Right? They fired missiles. I doubt they have NORAD level bunkers at those bases.

That's it, we need to build bunkers and make Iran pay for them!

On 1/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, toonkee said:

That's only because McDonald's doesn't have kabobs.

I read that as "because McConnell doesn't have kabobs" and couldn't figure out why he would have traded out his cocaine for meat on a stick.