Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Places to Retire (worldwide)

I've changed my mind as far as places outside the USA are concerned. Instead of the Azores, I think I'd go with Port Isaac in the Cornwall district of England. 

http://www.portisaac-online.co.uk/

I’ve got another 20+ years before I retire. Given how much the world has changed over the past 20, it will be interesting to see what the hot spots will be down the road. I just want some place with palm trees, clean beaches, and good fufu drinks.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve got another 20+ years before I retire. Given how much the world has changed over the past 20, it will be interesting to see what the hot spots will be down the road. I just want some place with palm trees, clean beaches, and good fufu drinks.

Go ahead and get some land on Greenland then, it'll be a tropical paradise any day now thanks to all those farting cows 

7 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Go ahead and get some land on Greenland then, it'll be a tropical paradise any day now thanks to all those farting cows 

I was thinking somewhere on the side of Denali. Those rising sea levels might mainly cover Greenland in 20 years. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 1/10/2020 at 8:05 PM, I am Ram said:

Germany. Trees, cold-ass beaches, mediocre weather. So just like the Pacific Northwest, and just how I like it. But with much cheaper beer. 

A few years ago I was in Des Moines and could get 20oz Paulaner hefs on tap for 4 bucks. I think that was the peak for "good beer good price" that I've found. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:53 AM, renoskier said:

Have to give it some thought but I agree with #1 on their list, Portugal is awesome.

Relatively inexpensive and because it has always been the most popular vacation spot for Brits, most of the population speaks at least a little English.

I've heard from others Portugal is great.  Hardly ever hear anything about Portugal in the news either, which is usually a good thing.  

5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I've heard from others Portugal is great.  Hardly ever hear anything about Portugal in the news either, which is usually a good thing.  

Yes. Politics should be boring. That it isn't now, and that we seem to not want it to be, are problems. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, happycamper said:

A few years ago I was in Des Moines and could get 20oz Paulaner hefs on tap for 4 bucks. I think that was the peak for "good beer good price" that I've found. 

That's a pretty darn good price, even by German standards. Might need to retire in Des Moines!